Federal minister says she's 'shocked' by suggestion of assisted deaths for some babies

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The Creepy Ones in Canada have been interfering in my life for decades, thus, NOTHING surprises me, even "assisted suicide" for a baby didn't make this decision. Worse, this would be for newborn babies who simply suffer from deformities in some instances.

Canada's minister of disability inclusion says she's offended by a Quebec doctor's suggestion that infants less than a year old should have access to medically assisted deaths if they are unlikely to survive and are dealing with severe health issues.

"I find that completely shocking and unacceptable. I would never support going down that road," Carla Qualtrough said in an interview with CBC Radio's The House.

The idea was raised earlier this month at a parliamentary committee hearing reviewing the federal law that governs medical assistance in dying.

Dr. Louis Roy, of Quebec's College of Physicians, said his group believes assisted death could be offered to babies up to one year old "with severe deformities and very serious syndromes for which the chances of survival are virtually nil, and which will cause so much pain that a decision must be made to not allow the child to suffer."

Last edited:
Human beings are reduced to the status of animals with government owners being the sole decision makers.

As has been the case with evil empires going back to the beginning of time. Unfortunately, "evil empire" perfectly describes all the nations of Western Civilization at the moment. A core cultural and fundamental ideology of ALL modern Western nations is dismembering helpless unborn children in the womb. The West, all of the nations which comprise Western Civilization, have transitioned to a leading culture of death. NOTHING surprises me anymore in this regard. America, Canada, Australia, the UK, France and all the rest have devolved to embrace and practice the open savagery and barbarism of the ancient world and no one seems too fucking concerned about that little reality twist.

The Creepy Ones in Canada have been interfering in my life for decades, thus, NOTHING surprises me, even "assisted suicide" for a baby didn't make this decision. Worse, this would be for newborn babies who simply suffer from deformities in some instances.

Canada's minister of disability inclusion says she's offended by a Quebec doctor's suggestion that infants less than a year old should have access to medically assisted deaths if they are unlikely to survive and are dealing with severe health issues.

"I find that completely shocking and unacceptable. I would never support going down that road," Carla Qualtrough said in an interview with CBC Radio's The House.

The idea was raised earlier this month at a parliamentary committee hearing reviewing the federal law that governs medical assistance in dying.

Dr. Louis Roy, of Quebec's College of Physicians, said his group believes assisted death could be offered to babies up to one year old "with severe deformities and very serious syndromes for which the chances of survival are virtually nil, and which will cause so much pain that a decision must be made to not allow the child to suffer."

Paging Dr. Mengele. Because that's what it's come too . . . again. The level of savagery and barbarism now embraced by our Western governments would make Caligula blush.

To me, assisted suicide means that some measure must be taken to initiate death. IOW, the human being is able to sustain his/her own life without great medical intervention.

If we have a case of an infant with little or no cognition, being kept alive in the hospital with mechanical breathing and tube feeding, who will never be able to leave the hospital--is that "assisted suicide"? I don't know, but I don't think so. I think you're just removing the vast interventions that are keeping the baby alive. Yes?

But in either case, the govt should be completely hands-off. That's a decision for the family.

Forum List

Back