Federal Judge writes law ordering Flint to DELIVER bottled water to residents

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
More lawlessness. This is not a federal issue and anyway judges are not allowed to write laws!!

Flint water crisis: Deliver bottles to homes, judge rules - CNN.com

nov 11 2016 (CNN)A federal judge has ordered that Michigan and Flint officials must deliver bottled water to any Flint home where the government hasn't verified that a filter is properly working -- the latest ruling in a longstanding crisis over lead-tainted water in the city.

Thursday's ruling is a victory for plaintiffs who wanted government to do more than make bottled water and tap-water filters available at distribution points.
District Court Judge David Lawson ruled that unless government can certify that a Flint home has a well-installed and maintained water filter, or unless a household declines service, officials must deliver at least 96 half-liter bottles of water per resident to each household every week, until the court says otherwise.

Someone needed to do something for those people ...

Good for him.

2907730-1195518780-appla.gif

Make sure the filters are working.

Then there is the little matter of the people refusing to pay water bills.

More lawlessness. This is not a federal issue and anyway judges are not allowed to write laws!!

Flint water crisis: Deliver bottles to homes, judge rules - CNN.com

nov 11 2016 (CNN)A federal judge has ordered that Michigan and Flint officials must deliver bottled water to any Flint home where the government hasn't verified that a filter is properly working -- the latest ruling in a longstanding crisis over lead-tainted water in the city.

Thursday's ruling is a victory for plaintiffs who wanted government to do more than make bottled water and tap-water filters available at distribution points.
District Court Judge David Lawson ruled that unless government can certify that a Flint home has a well-installed and maintained water filter, or unless a household declines service, officials must deliver at least 96 half-liter bottles of water per resident to each household every week, until the court says otherwise.
Federal Judges cannot write laws. That is the delusion of the left.

The constitution says they can't write laws but they do it all the time.

You might want to learn a little about federal law on the subject..
The Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) is the main federal law that ensures the quality of Americans' drinking water.Under SDWA, EPA sets standards for drinking waterquality and oversees the states, localities, and water suppliers who implement those standards.

It's a ruling not a law. Judges are allowed to do that.

You're playing with words, you idiot. This is a law and if you want it passed, go to the state legislature. THINK
A judicial order, is not a law..

Hey einstein. Giving something a different name doesn't change what it is. THINK
Hey Oppenheimer, there is already a law that the judge is enforcing, by a court order from his bench.....

[
Hey Oppenheimer, there is already a law that the judge is enforcing, by a court order from his bench.....

So point out this law that you say mandates the city give 96 half-liter jars of free water to each household.

Someone needed to do something for those people ...

Good for him.

2907730-1195518780-appla.gif
Im on well water where I live. I have a high iron count being pulled from the ground.
I had to purchase and maintain with my own money the equipment to clean up the well water so I could use it. Nobody came in and bought it for me, no government entity sent me a check. I had to make the calls, get the water tested and install the necessary equipment myself.
I first go through a conditioner that through the process of Ion Exchange removes all metals, and even up to 90% radium should it be there (which in my case it is not) Then from there the water goes through a chemical feed mixer where a very small trace of sodium hypochlorite is added to remove a sulfer smell caused by the removal of the iron, and it also kills most bacteria that can present itself in ground water. From there It goes through an ultra violet light filter that kills off any remaining bacteria that might be present. I then send it through a reverse osmosis unit to finalize the process. My water tests better than bottle water.
I guess I should have cried and demanded that the rest of the world pay for my equipment and the maintenance of it?
What is it with certain groups of people that think everyone in the damn world owes them everything for free?
Buy the equipment to clean your water or die drinking the shit that you get out the tap.

If a municipal water source has a contaminant level above the allowed PPM it has to be corrected in some fashion OR the contaminated water source has to be shut down. Residual contamination must be removed from the system and it must be tested at a safe level before distribution is resumed. It is a violation of the LAW already to distribute noncompliant water to customers. If there is a Judge assigned to a case to oversee the distribution, and the needs of the customers, He can issue orders as needed to make sure the law is complied with and the customers needs are protected. All part of consumer protection and municipal Health department laws.

You might want to learn a little about federal law on the subject..
The Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) is the main federal law that ensures the quality of Americans' drinking water.Under SDWA, EPA sets standards for drinking waterquality and oversees the states, localities, and water suppliers who implement those standards.
Sets standards is different then writing law.

Forum List

Back