Federal judge stalls Obama's executive action on immigration

Congress cannot directly vote to override an executive order in the way they can a veto. Instead, Congress must pass a bill canceling or changing the order in a manner they see fit. The president will typically veto that bill, and then Congress can try to override the veto of that second bill. The Supreme Court can also declare an executive order to be unconstitutional. Congressional cancellation of an order is extremely rare.

Congress cannot directly vote to override an executive order in the way they can a veto. Instead, Congress must pass a bill canceling or changing the order in a manner they see fit. The president will typically veto that bill, and then Congress can try to override the veto of that second bill. The Supreme Court can also declare an executive order to be unconstitutional. Congressional cancellation of an order is extremely rare.
Irrelevant. And untrue.
We'll see how far it goes. The administration has typically exempted itself from any ruling not coming fro the Supreme Court.

Any shut down would clearly be the fault of Obama and the Democrats. Everybody knows that.

Any shut down would clearly be the fault of Obama and the Democrats. Everybody knows that.
Thts not how it will go out over Twitter, etc. The last time the Obama Machine was in high gear touting "The Tea Party SHutdown" as if the Tea Party had jurisdiction over federal parks.

Yeah! Everybody knows that!

Of course they know that. Obama is the lone wolf here. The other branch or houses are controlled by the republicans and everybody knows the republicans won the last election and they will be looking for the easiest person to blame and last I checked Obama was a lone wolf and always defiant of the other party and people know this. He's fucked and really bad at politics, but at this point his ego is inflated because he knows he's gone in a couple years anyways. If he cared about his own party they wouldn't have lost as badly as they did in the last election. You know the dems would have came out to vote. They didn't. The country is turning.

Of course they know that. Obama is the lone wolf here. The other branch or houses are controlled by the republicans and everybody knows the republicans won the last election and they will be looking for the easiest person to blame and last I checked Obama was a lone wolf and always defiant of the other party and people know this. He's fucked and really bad at politics, but at this point his ego is inflated because he knows he's gone in a couple years anyways. If he cared about his own party they wouldn't have lost as badly as they did in the last election. You know the dems would have came out to vote. They didn't. The country is turning.

Absolutely! You are right. There is no chance that the American people are going to be fooled by this usurper again! No way.

The GOP will carry this super wave into 2016....and take more seats in the house and the senate! The writing is on the wall!!

Absolutely! You are right. There is no chance that the American people are going to be fooled by this usurper again! No way.

The GOP will carry this super wave into 2016....and take more seats in the house and the senate! The writing is on the wall!!
Dems are finished as a party for the next 4 years. About where the GOP was in 2006. How many angry lesbians can the country produce to refill Demo voter rolls?

Yup, Obama already sealed the deal on his entire party and the death of liberalism. I've been saying it for almost a year now. Last April. You think I'm joking, but I'm not. :) I'm a political genius. I can see way beyond the trees and past the forest in even the worst conditions.

Congress will just defund DHS instead. Works for me

-Geaux

Dems are finished as a party for the next 4 years. About where the GOP was in 2006. How many angry lesbians can the country produce to refill Demo voter rolls?

Angry lesbians are good for one thing..... Curiosity and tying a man up in bed and stealing his wallet. FYI, I treat is as a packaged deal. This is a experience thing...

Indeed it is... Because libs are mean people

-Geaux

Yup, Obama already sealed the deal on his entire party and the death of liberalism. I've been saying it for almost a year now. Last April. You think I'm joking, but I'm not. :) I'm a political genius. I can see way beyond the trees and past the forest in even the worst conditions.

I just wish the republicans weren't so fiscally clueless. If it was social issues and bringing sanity back to our nation...Well, I'd agree with you.

Indeed it is... Because libs are mean people

-Geaux

well animal rights and nature activists aren't "mean" people... I mean they are just misguided and you can usually find them on nude beaches.

Weeeeeeeee!

We have a pair of winners!!
images

Forum List

Back