Federal judge refuses to block most of Alabama immigration law

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
Federal judge refuses to block most of Alabama immigration law.
September 28, 2011,

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- In the latest ruling, a Birmingham federal judge this afternoon again upheld most sections of Alabama's tough new immigration law.

Earlier today, in her ruling on the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice, Blackburn refused to block a provision of the state law related to police stops and detentions of people suspected of being in the country illegally.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/09/federal_judge_throws_out_xxxx.html

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
Thursday, a coalition led by the Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama (HICA) filed an emergency motion seeking to keep some disputed parts of the law from taking effect, pending an appeal to the 11th US circuit court of appeals in Atlanta.

oh she isn't getting away with it...she knew better...Plyler v Doe.

Thursday, a coalition led by the Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama (HICA) filed an emergency motion seeking to keep some disputed parts of the law from taking effect, pending an appeal to the 11th US circuit court of appeals in Atlanta.

oh she isn't getting away with it...she knew better...Plyler v Doe.

I don't think Alabamas Immig Law deny the little urchins the righ to attend school? Plyler limited to K-12.

Toll v. Moreno 441 U.S. 458 (1979) allowed some states to pass statues that deny undocumented students eligibility for in-state tuition, scholarships, or even bar them from enrollment at public colleges and universities.

Anyway if they cannot work in Alabama they will leave taking their little urchins with them. More than one way to skin a cat.

Arizona law cut down did not stop Sheriff Joe from rounding them up and turning them over to ICE for deportation.

Last edited:
um did you not read the Alabama law? It denies children the right to go to school in k-12 ...

The part about the university the judge blocked....again don't count your chickens before they are hatched...the US appeals court already has upheld the other injunctions against Arizona, Georgia, etc....I doubt seriously they are going to do an about face on this law.

Most important part of the law was upheld.

Earlier today, in her ruling on the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice, Blackburn refused to block a provision of the state law related to police stops and detentions of people suspected of being in the country illegally. Clap Clap

um did you not read the Alabama law? It denies children the right to go to school in k-12 ...

The part about the university the judge blocked....again don't count your chickens before they are hatched...the US appeals court already has upheld the other injunctions against Arizona, Georgia, etc....I doubt seriously they are going to do an about face on this law.

One part of Arizona immigration law may be upheldThree-judge panel from the 9th Circuit signals possible approval of requiring police to check legal status of suspected criminals.
Arizona Immigration Law | One part of Arizona immigration law may be upheld - Los Angeles Times

And illegal aliens are criminals.

Supreme Court upholds Arizona immigration law targeting employers
The high court ruling allows the state, and others, to penalize businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

Arizona Immigration Law | Arizona immigration: Supreme Court upholds immigration law targeting employers - Los Angeles Times

Georgia Begins Enforcement of Immigration Law Today
(Even with Injunction, HB87 Has Teeth)
The ruling follows a ruling in June by Judge Thomas Thrash upholding most of Georgia’s enforcement law, H.B. [...]

Georgia Begins Enforcement of Immigration Law Today (Even with Injunction, HB87 Has Teeth) | Stand With Arizona

:clap2::clap2::razz::razz:

Xchel some illegals have already started packing their bags and leaving to other states, the law does block illegal children from going to school, some of my girlfriends sons friends have started leaving one of them is going to Oregon this weekend. He is upset his friends are leaving but this is the law, you just can't show up to a country without documentation and expect to live there.

XCHEL, Ain't no stopping us now. Obama has been fired and he has until the 2012 to collect his belongings and leave the big house or he will be manually evicted. Obama is a goner. We cannot have his ideas running this country.
All my eggs are going to hatch.

Last edited:
not really that much leaving..they go to another state ...actually it is illegal to deny a child the right to go to school in the USA...that is why I mentioned Plyler v Doe but as you notice Lil is dancing around that....

What also the law does not take into consideration is that the police aren't trained to know the different types of immigration statuses...different visas, pending applications, etc...furthermore, the police are against the law because they said it will take valuable time for law enforcement of serious crimes and be refocused on immigration which is a federal issue.

If the children were born in the US they are attending school, otherwise no because they don't have any legit papers or birth certificate.

not really that much leaving..they go to another state ...actually it is illegal to deny a child the right to go to school in the USA...that is why I mentioned Plyler v Doe but as you notice Lil is dancing around that....

What also the law does not take into consideration is that the police aren't trained to know the different types of immigration statuses...different visas, pending applications, etc...furthermore, the police are against the law because they said it will take valuable time for law enforcement of serious crimes and be refocused on immigration which is a federal issue.

I live in Alabama and they are stopping kids from going to school if they are not born here, the schools have started asking for birth certificates, SSN's, etc if the child does not have those, he or she does not go to school. You are right for the most part the illegals are not going back to Mexico, they are just going to other states.

If the children were born in the US they are attending school, otherwise no because they don't have any legit papers or birth certificate.

you don't need a US birth cert to go to school in the US..any birth certificate will do. You say they don't have a birth certificate? Yes, they do...just not a US birth certificate. btw, have you bothered to read Plyler v Doe? It is a US Supreme Court decision on this very issue...you cannot deny children, even those who are illegal or children of illegals the right to go to school..and Alabama is even denying US citizen children that right because they are investigating the PARENT's status...

Immigrants leaving Nevada as economy sours

Photo by Andy Barron
Joaquin Arista and his wife Beatiz Trejo make tortas at their place of business on Well Ave.
Question: Is the economy affecting immigration?
Answer: Illegal and legal immigrants in Northern Nevada appear to be heading home as our economy stumbles.

Less money sent abroad
The economic downturn is causing immigrants here to send less money to their families abroad.

More return home
More Hispanic immigrants are expected to return to their home countries because they are unable to find jobs in Northern Nevada.

Local trend mirrors U.S.
The local trend of returning mirrors a nationwide trend: For the first time in a decade the number of illegal immigrants entering the U.S. fell below the number of those entering the country legally.

Fewer illegal immigrants
This summer, the Center for Immigration Studies said that the number of illegal immigrants in the United States had declined by 1.3 million, down to 11.2 million.
By Cyndi Loza

Contributing authors: Frank X. Mullen, Associated Press

Local Hispanic immigrants, both legal and illegal, are heading back to their home countries as the U.S. economic climate worsens, community members, advocates and school officials said.

Those who remain are sending less money to their families abroad as construction and service industry jobs dry up.

“What traditionally happens is that people come here to work when the economy is thriving,” said Leslie A. Mix, former general manager for Univision. “People will work two, three jobs at any given time to save whatever they can and then send that money home to any family they’ve left behind.

Immigrants leaving Nevada as economy sours • Cyndi Loza

Most Americans can survive the recession but not illegal immigration.
I am willing to give a little more for a little less illegal aliens. I will do without my COLA and other benefits if is mean ridding the country of illegals. I million don't sound like much, but I can already see the difference here in Reno, But the Hispanic crime is on the rise. With shooting and gang violence. Even they are leaving because crime is not paying here as it once was.

September 28, 2011,

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- In the latest ruling, a Birmingham federal judge this afternoon again upheld most sections of Alabama's tough new immigration law.

Earlier today, in her ruling on the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice, Blackburn refused to block a provision of the state law related to police stops and detentions of people suspected of being in the country illegally.

Federal judge refuses to block most of Alabama immigration law (updated) | al.com

you understand that's one district court judge, right?

now it will go to the circuit court and then the supreme.

your clapping might be a bit premature.

you don't need a US birth cert to go to school in the US..any birth certificate will do. You say they don't have a birth certificate? Yes, they do...just not a US birth certificate. btw, have you bothered to read Plyler v Doe? It is a US Supreme Court decision on this very issue...you cannot deny children, even those who are illegal or children of illegals the right to go to school..and Alabama is even denying US citizen children that right because they are investigating the PARENT's status...

Xchel I am telling you what I am seeing on the ground, Alabama IS stopping illegal children from going to school.

September 28, 2011,

Federal judge refuses to block most of Alabama immigration law (updated) | al.com

you understand that's one district court judge, right?

now it will go to the circuit court and then the supreme.

your clapping might be a bit premature.

Its getting the desired effect nevertheless, illegals have been leaving the state for weeks now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back