Federal Judge Blocks New Jersey Law That Allows State To Sue Gun Manufacturers

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Good. It would violate Federal law.

And this is a Biden-appointed judge.

U.S. District Judge Zahid Nisar Quraishi, an appointee of President Joe Biden, granted a preliminary injunction against New Jersey’s “public nuisance” law Tuesday, saying is in “direct conflict” with the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), according to the opinion in the United States District Court of New Jersey Trenton Vicinage. The “public nuisance” law allows the attorney general to seek legal action against gun manufacturers if it is deemed that they endangered public safety through sales or marketing practices.
The PLCAA, enacted in 2005, protects gun manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products. The opinion was delivered in the NSSF v Platkin case and follows a Monday ruling by U.S. District Judge Reneé Marie Bumb, who placed a second temporary restraining order on portions of New Jersey’s concealed carry law.
“We think this is important because other states are currently considering public nuisance statues modeled on what New Jersey, New York, Delaware and California have done,” Lawrence Keane, a senior vice president for government and public affairs at the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) and plaintiff in the case, told Politico.
“We will be filing a lawsuit in the coming months in California to challenge the California statute. Today’s decision will be impactful in giving other state legislatures pause before they enact an unconstitutional law,” he continued.

The law needs to be repealed.

That's what the Communists want. They can't write law to disarm all Americans so they look for an end run to get around the Constitution which of course, they hate much like you.

What they (and we all know) is that rescinding such a law would give everybody the ability to sue gun manufacturers and sellers out of business. That would include any suspect shot by police, anybody shot by a homeowner defending themselves and their family, suicides, accidental shootings, victims of drug deals that went bad, anybody.

If there are no places to buy a gun in the US, that would lead to the eventual disarmament of law abiding citizens.

That's what the Communists want. They can't write law to disarm all Americans so they look for an end run to get around the Constitution which of course, they hate much like you.

What they (and we all know) is that rescinding such a law would give everybody the ability to sue gun manufacturers and sellers out of business. That would include any suspect shot by police, anybody shot by a homeowner defending themselves and their family, suicides, accidental shootings, victims of drug deals that went bad, anybody.

If there are no places to buy a gun in the US, that would lead to the eventual disarmament of law abiding citizens.
The gun manufacturers are flooding our streets with guns the same way Big Pharma floods our streets with opioids. This has nothing to do with disarming all Americans, dipshit.

The gun manufacturers are flooding our streets with guns the same way Big Pharma floods our streets with opioids. This has nothing to do with disarming all Americans, dipshit.

Well why do you think the Communist want to do it dipshit? That would be the result: nobody would be able to buy a gun any longer in this country.

Gun manufacturers don't flood anything and neither did big pharma. You need a doctors prescription to get opioid products and people have to physically go out and buy a gun after filling out a federal firearms application and get checked out.

Well why do you think the Communist want to do it dipshit?
No idea what communists want to do. They are not making laws
That would be the result: nobody would be able to buy a gun any longer in this country.
Absolutely false.
Gun manufacturers don't flood anything and neither did big pharma.
Jesus dude. Do you live in a cave? Big pharma didn't flood the streets with oxy? Are you serious?

We don't have more guns than people in this country?

Damn...you are wrong on EVERY issue. Amazing

No one should be allowed to sue a gun manufacturer. I mean unless something happens where they make a faulty gun that hurts someone or malfunctions and so on.

But they can't be held responsible for what someone does with a gun. No more than ford can be held responsible if some maniac drives a f150 into a crowd. Or ginsu is responsible for someone stabbing someone else. Or ge is responsible if I bash someones head in with a ge microwave.

Obviously guns don't make people kill other people, if that were true we would be almost all dead because there are more guns in America than actual Americans.

Sue criminals, don't sue gun manufacturers. If it weren't for criminals we wouldn't have problems. Criminals have guns because they are criminals, guns don't make people criminals.

No one should be allowed to sue a gun manufacturer. I mean unless something happens where they make a faulty gun that hurts someone or malfunctions and so on.

But they can't be held responsible for what someone does with a gun. No more than ford can be held responsible if some maniac drives a f150 into a crowd. Or ginsu is responsible for someone stabbing someone else. Or ge is responsible if I bash someones head in with a ge microwave.

Obviously guns don't make people kill other people, if that were true we would be almost all dead because there are more guns in America than actual Americans.

Sue criminals, don't sue gun manufacturers. If it weren't for criminals we wouldn't have problems. Criminals have guns because they are criminals, guns don't make people criminals.

Or sue the politicians responsible for being lax on crime with their Soros paid DA's and prosecutors. Why not sue him?

No idea what communists want to do. They are not making laws

They have been the last several years before Republicans took back leadership of the House.

Absolutely false.

If nobody is making guns and nobody is selling them in the country, where would we get our guns from?

Jesus dude. Do you live in a cave? Big pharma didn't flood the streets with oxy? Are you serious?

We don't have more guns than people in this country?

Damn...you are wrong on EVERY issue. Amazing

Pharma didn't flood the streets with anything because they couldn't sell their product without a prescription from a doctor. If anybody is flooding the streets with dope it's Dementia and his open border policies. Gun manufacturers were not selling guns on street corners. They sold them to gun shops where people have to fill out a federal firearms application to legally buy one. All gun manufacturers did was provide a product that consumers wanted. They don't advertise on television, they don't advertise in magazines outside of hunting or gun magazines, they don't have billboards on the highway.

They have been the last several years before Republicans took back leadership of the House.
Communists? Not in this country. Maybe in your fucked up head
If nobody is making guns and nobody is selling them in the country, where would we get our guns from?
Not even a remote possibility. Assault weapons ? Maybe. Semi-auto pistols? Possible but unlikely
Pharma didn't flood the streets with anything because they couldn't sell their product without a prescription from a doctor.
You DO live under a rock...or you're stupid...or just a fucking asshole liar

Communists? Not in this country. Maybe in your fucked up head

Nope, that's what the Democrats are, Communists. Don't believe me, just go to the US Communist party website and read their agenda; almost identical to the Democrat party. Need a link to it, just ask. But I doubt you really want to know the truth. You're one of the millions of frogs happily swimming around in a pot of cold water on top of the stove.

Not even a remote possibility. Assault weapons ? Maybe. Semi-auto pistols? Possible but unlikely

Then do tell, if sellers and manufacturers are are sued out of business, where would law abiding citizens go to buy a firearm?

You DO live under a rock...or you're stupid...or just a fucking asshole liar

Maybe I live under a rock, so give me a credible link that shows pharma companies were selling their products on the street without a doctor.

Nope, that's what the Democrats are, Communists. Don't believe me, just go to the US Communist party website and read their agenda; almost identical to the Democrat party. Need a link to it, just ask. But I doubt you really want to know the truth. You're one of the millions of frogs happily swimming around in a pot of cold water on top of the stove.

Then do tell, if sellers and manufacturers are are sued out of business, where would law abiding citizens go to buy a firearm?

Maybe I live under a rock, so give me a credible link that shows pharma companies were selling their products on the street without a doctor.
Jesus. You are certifiable

Forum List

Back