Federal Judge Allows 21 Businesses to Sue Seattle Over Harms Caused by CHOP

Punch them back twice as hard.
Enjoy the bill, Seattle taxpayers.

Sweet. While approving three and denying the forth, in approving the first three, he has in essence admitted the forth, that the businesses within CHOP were denied equal protection under the law.

Lastly, the lawsuit states that the city provided concrete barriers, medical supplies, washing and sanitation facilities, portable toilets, lighting and other material support, including the use of Cal Anderson Park to CHOP occupiers, and told police to adopt a "no response" policy wherein officers wouldn't arrive unless a 9-1-1 caller reported "significant life safety issues."

Yep. This was insanely stupid and now the money that is desperately needed in multiple other areas will be used to pay for what amounts to be some bullshit.

Why does someone need a judges approval to sue someone?

Lastly, the lawsuit states that the city provided concrete barriers, medical supplies, washing and sanitation facilities, portable toilets, lighting and other material support, including the use of Cal Anderson Park to CHOP occupiers, and told police to adopt a "no response" policy wherein officers wouldn't arrive unless a 9-1-1 caller reported "significant life safety issues."

Yep. This was insanely stupid and now the money that is desperately needed in multiple other areas will be used to pay for what amounts to be some bullshit.

I'm sure the tax payers will be less than pleased and I'd bet the people who run the city will NOT get re-elected.

I think many government entities have some legal immunity against lawsuits, especially from the private sector

Exactly, it's the whole "no duty to protect" concept with regards to Police.

The issue here isn't that the government was ineffective in preventing the riots due to incompetence, it's that they took ACTIVE MEASURES to assist the rioters.

I think many government entities have some legal immunity against lawsuits, especially from the private sector

The issue here isn't that the government was ineffective in preventing the riots due to incompetence, it's that they took ACTIVE MEASURES to assist the rioters.

That they did and it now biting them in the ass.

The government can still win immunity at higher court levels, getting it past one judge is just the start.

The government can still win immunity at higher court levels, getting it past one judge is just the start.

I know you can't sue the Fed but I do believe you can sue local government in cities and Towns.

I know you can't sue the Fed but I do believe you can sue local government in cities and Towns.

Most lawsuits involving governments in this situation are between differing levels of government. An example is State DEP's suing local DEP's for not meeting discharge requirements for wastewater plants.

This is different because it involves the policing power, and you have to add the whole "no duty to protect" concept that exists.

I'd like to see the lawsuits include the city counsil members, the mayor, the governor, all the antifa and BLM people who were arrested and everyone found to have helped finance those two terrorist groups.

I'm sure the tax payers will be less than pleased and I'd bet the people who run the city will NOT get re-elected.

If they are re-elected, they should pay double.

Forum List

Back