fed up with CA, Elon Musk moves operations to socially conservative Texas

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
Elon Musk disgusted w/ California.. moves operations to TX.. no comment on new pro life policy

Am I going to start liking Elon?

Normally, I’m “suspicious of” anyone who makes more than $1 million per year… you wonder what people do to get to the top (etc). Ok, maybe that’s just me.. In any case, Elon Musk apparently likes TX socially conservative policies according to Gov Abbott but Musk isn’t commenting.

Elon loves that government money when he is the benefactor.

Musk's move from California is expected to save him billions of dollars in taxes as Texas has no personal income tax.

Not so much when he has to give some back.

Elon Musk disgusted w/ California.. moves operations to TX.. no comment on new pro life policy

Normally, I’m “suspicious of” anyone who makes more than $1 million per year… you wonder what people do to get to the top (etc). Ok, maybe that’s just me.. In any case, Elon Musk apparently likes TX socially conservative policies according to Gov Abbott but Musk isn’t commenting.

I didn't know it was about social conservatism. I thought it was about taxes and regulation without positive benefit to his business model, and basically lowering the cost of doing business.

Elon wants to build a huge factory and California has no place to do it. A side thought, if all of his electric cars make oil obsolete how will the Texans feel about him?

Elon wants to build a huge factory and California has no place to do it. A side thought, if all of his electric cars make oil obsolete how will the Texans feel about him?
California has lots of places to build. There are empty aerospace factories built by North American, Lockheed, Douglas and others, there are entire blocks of smaller buildings that used to be full of small to medium sized aerospace industry providers in Northridge, there are several huge auto manufacturing plants and that's just in the Los Angeles area. There are huge tracts out in the Palmdale/Lancaster near Edwards AFB and what is called Plant 42 which is the old Lockheed Martin plant plus millions of acres of desert located right along major freeways with good access to power and water (sort of). Musk isn't building in Texas for lack of room, he's building in Texas because he's tired of being raped by Sacramento. Anyone who has lived in Southern California for the past few decades has seen entire industries move out and taking their tax base with them. Goodyear used to have a HUGE tire factory in City of Industry- it closed down long ago, it's now a mall.

They continue to expand operations in California. My guess is that with Texas' energy grid being a national embarrassment, Elon sees a financially promising path towards involving Tesla in the future of that grid somehow.

Dino fossil fuel is not going anywhere.

Most Teslas are charged with fossil fuels.

Forum List

Back