Fears of attempt to steal Ecuadorian election after bid to link leftist frontrunner with Colombian guerillas

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
FEARS are growing of a bid to steal the Ecuadorian election by blocking the victory of the leftist Andres Arauz, with a dishonest attempt to link him with armed Colombian guerillas.

Colombian Attorney General Francisco Barbosa arrived in Ecuador on Saturday claiming to have “intelligence” proving that the Union for Hope (UNES) electoral coalition, Mr Arauz’s party and the vehicle of supporters of former president Rafael Correa, was funded by the National Liberation Army (ELN).

He alleges that the ELN contributed $80,000 (£57,800) to Mr Arauz’s presidential campaign which won the first round with 32.06 per cent of the votes.

Ecuadorian Attorney General Diana Salazar is collecting information on the alleged financing by the Colombian guerilla group.

I didn't think it was humanly possible to create even more fear in this area of the world but, I guess you can.

FEARS are growing of a bid to steal the Ecuadorian election by blocking the victory of the leftist Andres Arauz, with a dishonest attempt to link him with armed Colombian guerillas.

Colombian Attorney General Francisco Barbosa arrived in Ecuador on Saturday claiming to have “intelligence” proving that the Union for Hope (UNES) electoral coalition, Mr Arauz’s party and the vehicle of supporters of former president Rafael Correa, was funded by the National Liberation Army (ELN).

He alleges that the ELN contributed $80,000 (£57,800) to Mr Arauz’s presidential campaign which won the first round with 32.06 per cent of the votes.

Ecuadorian Attorney General Diana Salazar is collecting information on the alleged financing by the Colombian guerilla group.

I didn't think it was humanly possible to create even more fear in this area of the world but, I guess you can.
Its a sign of a failed state when there is a disputed handover of power.

Forum List

Back