Feared or Respected?... which do you prefer being?

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
A very simple question... Which would you rather be... Feared or Respected? Does it vary between different aspects of your life?... Personal, Professional, Public? Why?

In the vast majority of situations I prefer being Feared. In my professional life it’s a bit of a mix, but otherwise Fear has pretty much always been my preference.

A very simple question... Which would you rather be... Feared or Respected? Does it vary between different aspects of your life?... Personal, Professional, Public? Why?

It's better to be cold, than warm.

I'm with Machiavelli on this one. Balancing the two is preferable, but that balance is difficult to attain, therefore it's better to be feared. The bond of respect or love is easier to break, whereas fear of punishment is almost always effective in any situation. Unfortunately, this just isn't practical since I am not a 16th century Italian banker so I aim for respect. It's just so hard to make people legally fear you these days. It's not like I can threaten to fling them from the Palazzo della Signoria.

I'm with Machiavelli on this one. Balancing the two is preferable, but that balance is difficult to attain, therefore it's better to be feared. The bond of respect or love is easier to break, whereas fear of punishment is almost always effective in any situation. Unfortunately, this just isn't practical since I am not a 16th century Italian banker so I aim for respect. It's just so hard to make people legally fear you these days. It's not like I can threaten to fling them from the Palazzo della Signoria.

"Bowels in, or bowels out?"

Oh, none of that namby pamby bowels in crap. Bowels out, lest the lesson not be learned.

I prefer to be cuddled. Is that gay?

tenor.gif

Classic Lecter!!

Forum List

Back