FDR mocks Romney

The end of the unusual conditions associated with the war.

So what were the unusual conditions associated with the war that caused the end of the Great Depression?

Didn't finish high school, huh? If you need a US History class, go take one. I don't teach for free.

Well, let me help a little. The unusual condition was the spending of money for war materials. The demand that caused factories to manufacture 24/7, workers hired, including women to replace the 16 million or so that were in the service. Food was essential to feed much of the world and farmers joined the prosperity.
The greatest single cause, however, was the borrowed money spent by the government on the war.
Had FDR spend the same amount of money or even less, on internal improvements, modernizing railroads, highway, ports and so on, would the depression have been eased almost as much as buying tanks, building ships, airplanes and so on?

A couple more questions:
why did FDR stop the New Deal in 1936-37?
Why did FDR change the gold standard?
Why did Nixon go off the gold standard?
When FDR entered the White House in 1932 what was his plan to fight the depression?
Did FDR ever think of balancing the budget?
Why didn't FDR back the lame duck president, Hoover, when Hoover asked for help?
Why did the Court declare the NRA unconstitutional?
What was the first organization FDR formed to put people to work?

So what were the unusual conditions associated with the war that caused the end of the Great Depression?

Didn't finish high school, huh? If you need a US History class, go take one. I don't teach for free.

Well, let me help a little. The unusual condition was the spending of money for war materials.

You really do need to take a basic US History course. It was the lifting of the "unusual conditions" associated with the war that allowed the economy to resume the course of a market economy and truly recover. These conditions involved far more than just government spending, you ignorant dope. Hell, the economy was starting to recover before the war until that rat FDR's monkeying around quashed the nascient recovery in its tracks.

Your invocation of FDR implies a greater value than he in any way deserves. If some historical VILLIAN is shown in a suggested mockery of Romney, I'd put that in the Governor's plus column.

Overall, FDR was not a villain.

Oh, "overall." Is that how it goes? Why don't you go out and kidnap a family of four and hold them prisoner in your basement for a few years then try telling everyone that "overall" you are really a good guy. How do you think that will work out?

The situations are not comparable at all. Really, you're grasping at straws here.

But that's fine with me, because I'm not here to attempt to change yours or anybody elses opinion on FDR. It's not a thread about FDR, it's a thread about what FDR said, and how it's amusing applicable to the present state of the Romney campaign.

You're an enigma wrapped up in a gum wrapper Unkotare.

Last edited:
Yes... FDR did authorize the internment of Japanese Americans. That is a fact, and nobody is denying it. Nobody is celebrating it either.

What is your point, Unkotare? Do you have one?
He also authorized a covert airborne mercenary operation in China, prior to 7 December '41, known as the America Volunteer Group, AKA Flying Tigers.

What's your point?

My point is that it's hilarious.

Overall, FDR was not a villain.

Oh, "overall." Is that how it goes? Why don't you go out and kidnap a family of four and hold them prisoner in your basement for a few years then try telling everyone that "overall" you are really a good guy. How do you think that will work out?

The situations are not comparable at all.

You're right. My example would be 100,000 times milder than what actually happened.

Show me the prominent Republican leader who wants to set up concentration camps for all Muslim-Americans. We know what piece of shit democrat president DID throw over 100,000 innocent Americans into concentration camps. No illogical deflections can change that FACT.

Yes... FDR did authorize the internment of Japanese Americans. That is a fact, and nobody is denying it. Nobody is celebrating it either.

You give FDR virtual hero status. When you celebrate someone, you go all in.
None of this " I like the song but I would not buy the album" bullshit.
In for a dime..In for a dollar.
You people have what you think is a built in defense mechanism. No matter what, you're always covered.

He is the longest serving US president. I do respect his presidency, with exception of course to the foolish things like the internment camps, but beyond that I fail to see where you've pointed out that I give him a hero status.

So really, I have no idea what you're talking about.

You're right. My example would be 100,000 times milder than what actually happened.

Is that so? What did your imaginary captor do in addition to kidnapping? Did he just tell people he was an overall good guy, or did he perform actions that showed it, even though he happened to kidnap the family? I mean, people do all sorts of stuff in their lives... what did your imaginary kidnapper do? Give me a time line. I want to know the before, the during and the after.

Is that so? .

Yes it is so - to say the least. Nobody who did that would be remembered for anything else, even if they didn't burden future generations with unsustainable obligations, support the most murderous tyrants in human history, and threaten the very structure of our Republic.

Is that so? .

Yes it is so - to say the least. Nobody who did that would be remembered for anything else, even if they didn't burden future generations with unsustainable obligations, support the most murderous tyrants in human history, and threaten the very structure of our Republic.

I see that you avoided detailing out the rest of your ridiculous contrived story.

But that's fine with me. You can keep it to yourself if you like.

And you can go on trying to defend one of the worst villians in American history.

He also authorized a covert airborne mercenary operation in China, prior to 7 December '41, known as the America Volunteer Group, AKA Flying Tigers.

What's your point?

So you find provoking the Japanese into attacking Pearl Harbor, killing thousands of American boys and dragging the nation into a war that cost the lives of tens of millions hilarious?

Man, you are one sick fuck.

What's your point?

So you find provoking the Japanese into attacking Pearl Harbor, killing thousands of American boys and dragging the nation into a war that cost the lives of tens of millions hilarious?

Man, you are one sick fuck.

Are you some kind of moron?

I'm talking about the video in the OP, you fucking inbred idiot.

Well, let me help a little. The unusual condition was the spending of money for war materials.

You really do need to take a basic US History course. It was the lifting of the "unusual conditions" associated with the war that allowed the economy to resume the course of a market economy and truly recover. These conditions involved far more than just government spending, you ignorant dope. Hell, the economy was starting to recover before the war until that rat FDR's monkeying around quashed the nascient recovery in its tracks.

You still haven't said what those unusual conditions associated with the war were that allowed the economy to recover. Third time asking, do you know or not? Can you at least give the give dates for these unusual condiltions? Did the recovery last? If the recovery didn't last any ideas as to why? Do economists have any idea? I can reccomend some excellent books on this period if you need help.

If FDR is as evil as you say why did the people elect him four times in a row. Why have historians always rated FDR one of the three greatest American presidents and recently Siena polled 239 noted historians and presidential experts and they named FDR as America's greatest?

Obama is our FDR.

Saved the country from another Great Depression.

He could have done more without the Republican House.

Obama is our FDR.

Saved the country from another Great Depression.

He could have done more without the Republican House.

The Republican House saved the country if anybody did.

And you are right. Obama is another FDR......a loathsome bastard who thought they were above the constitution.

Sure, I haven't seen this before until I saw it on the daily show, but it's just too good to not share for those who haven't seen it.

FDR Let Me Warn You (1936) - YouTube

Sounds EXACTLY like the Romney campaign, especially in the most recent days.

Really, who are you people fooling?

FDR...the bastard who tried to put himself above the Constitution ?

You have to be kidding me.

If it were allowed, I'd dig up his remains and burn them....and allow the dogs to run off with what remains.

Forum List

Back