FDR mocks Romney

Sure, I haven't seen this before until I saw it on the daily show, but it's just too good to not share for those who haven't seen it.

FDR Let Me Warn You (1936) - YouTube

Sounds EXACTLY like the Romney campaign, especially in the most recent days.

Really, who are you people fooling?

I wonder if you know how FDR Felt about Public Sector Unions?

lol

What does that matter? This thread isn't a celebration of everything FDR. We don't hold our presidents to the same idol status that you idiots do with Reagan, completely blinded to the ill things they have done or said compared to how you feel.

Didn't Vote for Reagan bud, I was still a silly Liberal idiot back then.

Show me the prominent Republican leader who wants to set up concentration camps for all Muslim-Americans. We know what piece of shit democrat president DID throw over 100,000 innocent Americans into concentration camps. No illogical deflections can change that FACT.

Yes... FDR did authorize the internment of Japanese Americans. That is a fact, and nobody is denying it. Nobody is celebrating it either.

What is your point, Unkotare? Do you have one?

Your invocation of FDR implies a greater value than he in any way deserves. If some historical VILLIAN is shown in a suggested mockery of Romney, I'd put that in the Governor's plus column.

Overall, FDR was not a villain.

I wonder if you know how FDR Felt about Public Sector Unions?

lol

What does that matter? This thread isn't a celebration of everything FDR. We don't hold our presidents to the same idol status that you idiots do with Reagan, completely blinded to the ill things they have done or said compared to how you feel.

Didn't Vote for Reagan bud, I was still a silly Liberal idiot back then.

So now you're just a Conservative idiot then? I mean shit son, you might change parties, but your intelligence is going to remain the same.

Sure, I haven't seen this before until I saw it on the daily show, but it's just too good to not share for those who haven't seen it.

Yeah well you can stick this in your pipe and smoke it...
Ass man...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdXrfIMdiU]Income Tax Cut, JFK Hopes To Spur Economy 1962/8/13 - YouTube[/ame]
FDR...
Please. Left the country in so much debt but for WWII we'd have never gotten out of the Great Depression.....
Hey genius, when you shoot off your mouth, you should do your homework FIRST.
The bovine in your avatar is smarter than you.

FDR was a towering fucking liar, a warmonger and a closet red.

Fuck that asshole.

Oh, I didn't realize you were against fighting WWII.

You're right, we should have just shrugged off Pearl Harbor and let Germany dominate Europe and Asia, and let the Japanese rape and pillage Asia.

No FDR was against our involvement in WWII..It was the Japanese that forced us into the war.
Otherwise we'd have sat on the sidelines and let million of people living in nations to which we were allied, perish at the hands of the Nazi's.

Landslide re-election, 1936

United States presidential election, 1936

In the 1936 presidential election, Roosevelt campaigned on his New Deal programs against Kansas Governor Alf Landon, who accepted much of the New Deal but objected that it was hostile to business and involved too much waste. Roosevelt and Garner won 60.8% of the vote and carried every state except Maine and Vermont. The New Deal Democrats won even larger majorities in Congress.

didn't FDR win 4 terms as President and was Paralytic as well ...

Yeah well you can stick this in your pipe and smoke it...
Ass man...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdXrfIMdiU]Income Tax Cut, JFK Hopes To Spur Economy 1962/8/13 - YouTube[/ame]
FDR...
Please. Left the country in so much debt but for WWII we'd have never gotten out of the Great Depression.....
Hey genius, when you shoot off your mouth, you should do your homework FIRST.
The bovine in your avatar is smarter than you.

I don't even believe you watched that video. You probably did a search for "JFK tax cut". I mean shit, with him mentioning such a thing in the absence of an economic crisis. We do NOT have an absence of an economic crisis. Raising taxes helps defeat an economic crisis like we're having.

It is true that lowering taxes will spur economic growth, because people are spending more money within the economy... but it does jack shit to help with the government bills and our debts in the world at large, especially if you desire to keep the same social security, the same medicare, the same military(and even increase it greatly like Romney wants to do).

Fucking educate yourself, thereisnospoon.

Yes... FDR did authorize the internment of Japanese Americans. That is a fact, and nobody is denying it. Nobody is celebrating it either.

Your invocation of FDR implies a greater value than he in any way deserves. If some historical VILLIAN is shown in a suggested mockery of Romney, I'd put that in the Governor's plus column.

Overall, FDR was not a villain.

Oh, "overall." Is that how it goes? Why don't you go out and kidnap a family of four and hold them prisoner in your basement for a few years then try telling everyone that "overall" you are really a good guy. How do you think that will work out?

Yep, more evidence that FDR didn't spend enough to get us out of the Great Depression. Republicans now believe it took the spending of a World War II to do the job. But who knew at the time, or that FDR would be blamed, for not spending as much as WWII?
Hoover had three years before FDR to make a dent in the depression and his contribution was to loan money to business that sat on the money. The nation waited for Hoover's RFC to trickle down, snd the nation would still be waiting for trickle-down to trickle down. Add Reagan's trickle-down to Hoover's trickle-down and there must be a lot of money someplace in that big trickle-down sky, getting ready to trickle.

He also authorized a covert airborne mercenary operation in China, prior to 7 December '41, known as the America Volunteer Group, AKA Flying Tigers.

What's your point?

Landslide re-election, 1936

United States presidential election, 1936

In the 1936 presidential election, Roosevelt campaigned on his New Deal programs against Kansas Governor Alf Landon, who accepted much of the New Deal but objected that it was hostile to business and involved too much waste. Roosevelt and Garner won 60.8% of the vote and carried every state except Maine and Vermont. The New Deal Democrats won even larger majorities in Congress.

didn't FDR win 4 terms as President and was Paralytic as well ...

Yep, his paralisis went to his head and you noticed they changed the Constitution so there would never be another 4 termer. His policies kept us in depression just as Maobamas are keeping us in recession.

Yep, more evidence that FDR didn't spend enough to get us out of the Great Depression. Republicans now believe it took the spending of a World War II to do the job. But who knew at the time, or that FDR would be blamed, for not spending as much as WWII?

Know what would make you look like a little bit less of a fool? If you bothered to know what the hell you're talking about before you post.

Thanks for posting that speech by FDR. I've always loved that, and it is perfectly in keeping with what the cons are saying today.

Willard and Ryan don't look that old, but obviously they got their talking points from the GOP of FDR's era. "Trust Us!" they say as they turn Medicare over the CVS.

Yeah, the Japanese internment camps were completely awful, but the majority of his presidency wasn't.

You know, that same type of sentiment that started the whole Japanese camps exists today. Except it's not by the democrats, it's by the republicans. And the target? Muslims. There's rampant paranoid fear that american muslims are participating actively or even supporting Islamic invasion and attack on US soil.

Show me the prominent Republican leader who wants to set up concentration camps for all Muslim-Americans. We know what piece of shit democrat president DID throw over 100,000 innocent Americans into concentration camps. No illogical deflections can change that FACT.

You give FDR virtual hero status. When you celebrate someone, you go all in.
None of this " I like the song but I would not buy the album" bullshit.
In for a dime..In for a dollar.
You people have what you think is a built in defense mechanism. No matter what, you're always covered.

Know what would make you look like a little bit less of a fool? If you bothered to know what the hell you're talking about before you post.

There's my argument, why not respond to that? But let me try a simple question:

What ended the Great Depression?

The end of the unusual conditions associated with the war.

So what were the unusual conditions associated with the war that caused the end of the Great Depression?

So what were the unusual conditions associated with the war that caused the end of the Great Depression?

Didn't finish high school, huh? If you need a US History class, go take one. I don't teach for free.

Forum List

Back