FBI Director says no evidence ANTIFA was at Capitol riot

If my country had a fraudulent election to the scale of November 2020, and the Nation's Intel agencyy refused to investigate, and the media ignored it, and people who peacefull protested were censored and attacked....
I'd see it as a coup and would probably be attacking my Parliament as well
Exactly, it was foreseeable, which makes Trump and his puppets lies about the election fraud so much worse. It wasn't political hyperbole, it was incitement to violence which is what it lead to. He made false claims many of which can be directly disproven and the others he was never able to verify, yet he keeps saying them, his idiot followers believe them, and the nutters are acting on them.

I did not see it coming. Generally conservatives are pretty mild. I expected the demonstration to just stand there and make some noise and be forgotten.

I was surprised when the riot broke out.
I wasn't... I literally called my family while Trump was giving his speech and told them to tune in because shit was about to go down. I told them Trump just threw Pence under the bus and there is a mob of angry people that are about to go mess things up. It was clear and obvious what Trump was doing and what was about to happen. If you couldn't see that then you have blinders on. But you support Trump so I guess the blinders are a given
I thought the incident on January 6th was quite measured.
Democracy was turned on it's head in November.
As I said, if observers were denied entry to count centres, complaints ignored, and audits disallowed in any other country, there' would be civil war by now.
Observers were always present, complaints were taken to court, and suits performed. Your intel is bad

I said plenty about it then but if your goal is to paint me as a hypocrite then that’s fine
You said plenty in denying BLM violence or excusing their violence as righteous indignation

If my country had a fraudulent election to the scale of November 2020, and the Nation's Intel agencyy refused to investigate, and the media ignored it, and people who peacefull protested were censored and attacked....
Exactly, it was foreseeable, which makes Trump and his puppets lies about the election fraud so much worse. It wasn't political hyperbole, it was incitement to violence which is what it lead to. He made false claims many of which can be directly disproven and the others he was never able to verify, yet he keeps saying them, his idiot followers believe them, and the nutters are acting on them.

I did not see it coming. Generally conservatives are pretty mild. I expected the demonstration to just stand there and make some noise and be forgotten.

I wasn't... I literally called my family while Trump was giving his speech and told them to tune in because shit was about to go down. I told them Trump just threw Pence under the bus and there is a mob of angry people that are about to go mess things up. It was clear and obvious what Trump was doing and what was about to happen. If you couldn't see that then you have blinders on. But you support Trump so I guess the blinders are a given

My expectation of a peaceful demonstration was based on decades of observation of demonstration conservatives who, even when pissed off, almost always obeyed the law and demonstrated peacefully and then went home.

What was yours based on?
Mine was based on common sense. You can’t use historical precedent when you have a president that breaks all the norms. My observations were correct. I called my family before the riot to tell them there was about to be a riot. How did I know?! Because it was obvious. The real question you should be asking yourself is why you were surprised and why you couldn’t see it coming when it was so easy to see what Trump was doing.

I said plenty about it then but if your goal is to paint me as a hypocrite then that’s fine
You said plenty in denying BLM violence or excusing their violence as righteous indignation
Can you show it? Because the post you showed of mine had nothing to do with violence. Again I have to note, this path you’re trying to go down to prove I’m a hypocrite is completely irrelevant to this debate. I’ll concede the point to save time if that’s really what you want to prove. Call me a hypocrite that’s fine. But what of the points I’ve made that you’ve been ignoring about Trumps instigation ?

I have not accused ANTIFA of staging or spearheading the storming of the capital

Buffalo Man is not linked to ANTIFA and neither was the white woman who was shot and killed by the black guy

so I concede that it was probably a wacko right event

but I have said that the year long attacks on American cities by ANTIFA and Black Lies Matter raised the blood pressure of their counterparts on the right and directly led to the violence in the capital
The people didn't raid the capital because of BLM riots. There were there for a very clear reason. To Stop the Steal. They were invited there by Trump, they attended a rally where they were riled up with the same propaganda and lies that they had been fed for months. A child could see what was going to unfold after that rally. I called my family as Trump was speaking and told them shit was about to go down at the Capital and Trump just put a target on Pence. It was soooooo clear and obvious what Trump was doing. Are you stupid or just playing dumb?

He did not say that the riot was in response to the antifa and blm riots, but that the antifa and blm riots has raised the level of anger among the people.

That you feel you have to lie about what he said, to refute it, should be a red flag to you.
I really don't give a shit if people got mad over riots. That is a completely separate issue. I laid out what what inspired that riot at the capital and it was not BLM it was Trump and Stop the Steal. This little game you are playing trying to blame the summer riots is laughable. You don't honestly think you are making a good point do you?

YOu start a period of civil unrest and then are surprised that your enemies start playing by the new rules you made normal?

That makes you look like a sissy willing to fight dirty, but run crying to mommy when people give it back to you.

This is NOT denying the violence of 1/6, just putting it is it's proper context.
I don't think there was anything ok about the violence this summer. I believe in law and order. Do you? Because right now you seem to be making an excuse for violence from your people because the other people did it first. Are you in grade school?

Pointing out that violence begets violence is not excusing the violence.

It is taking an anti-violence stance.

Are you prepared to actually address my real position now or should we spend a few days playing silly games?
It is distracting for the topic at hand. What’s your real position that you want me to address?

If you cannot handle a little nuance or context more complex than, OTHER SIDE BAD, that is on you.

My position is clear. Address it, or stop bothering me with your silliness.

My expectation of a peaceful demonstration was based on decades of observation of demonstration conservatives who, even when pissed off, almost always obeyed the law and demonstrated peacefully and then went home.

What was yours based on?
Mine was based on common sense. You can’t use historical precedent when you have a president that breaks all the norms. My observations were correct. I called my family before the riot to tell them there was about to be a riot. How did I know?! Because it was obvious. The real question you should be asking yourself is why you were surprised and why you couldn’t see it coming when it was so easy to see what Trump was doing.

Trump did not break all the norms.

His style was odd. He was disagreeable and vulgar. But his policies and actions were measured and restrained.

So, you were right, but for the wrong reasons. That happens. Like the way I was initially attracted to my wife because of her, well, never mind.

Again I have to note, this path you’re trying to go down to prove I’m a hypocrite is completely irrelevant to this debate.
maybe it applies, but I have not used that term

I‘m just pointing out the damage that pandering to Black Lies Matter caused to civility in American culture

Night after night, week after week, the burning and looting continued in leftwing democrat dominated cities while lib mayors did nothing

and it scared the entire country

So....just shut up with the lies about anyone other than trump cult members attacking the Capitol on January 6th. The trump mob is still out there gauging when they can cause more destruction.

Antifa has already been found and proven at the Capitol.

Moonbats carrying the water for the federal spook state....How droll.
Oddball is not happy.
He believed the lie about Antifa.

What "lie" is that, Herr pyet?

1614712769865.png

I have not accused ANTIFA of staging or spearheading the storming of the capital

Buffalo Man is not linked to ANTIFA and neither was the white woman who was shot and killed by the black guy

Good to see that at least some of the Trumpsters draw a line at some of the wacky bullshit conspiracy theories posted by right-wing propaganda.

You just earned yourself a “like” from me.

No, Johnson Didn’t Promote A ‘Conspiracy Theory’ About The Capitol Riot (thefederalist.com)
"Video of the hearing shows Johnson saying, “He [Waller] describes four different types of people: plainclothes militants, agents provocateurs, fake Trump protesters, and then disciplined, uniformed column of attackers. I think that these are the people that probably planned this.”'
"Johnson accurately related what I wrote in The Federalist article. That was a faithful summary of my exact description of the four organized groups of operatives I witnessed before the violence began in the Capitol
:1. Plainclothes militants. Militant, aggressive men in Donald Trump and MAGA gear at a front police line at the base of the temporary presidential inaugural platform;​
2. Agents-provocateurs. Scattered groups of men exhorting the marchers to gather closely and tightly toward the center of the outside of the Capitol building and prevent them from leaving;​
3. Fake Trump protesters. A few young men wearing Trump or MAGA hats backwards and who did not fit in with the rest of the crowd in terms of their actions and demeanor, whom I presumed to be Antifa or other leftist agitators; and​
4. Disciplined, uniformed column of attackers. A column of organized, disciplined men, wearing similar but not identical camouflage uniforms and black gear, some with helmets and GoPro cameras or wearing subdued Punisher skull patches.​
The Fact Too Terrible to Be Told
Three of those descriptions would not have been controversial. But one of them was too inconvenient for some people to bear: the fact that, during the march along Constitution Avenue from the White House to the Capitol, I saw furtive, small groups of left-wingers wearing Trump-supporting attire.
Someone Got It Right
Only one mainstream journalist, veteran reporter Craig Gilbert of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, got the story right:
At a Senate hearing on the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, Wisconsin Republican Ron Johnson defended the Trump supporters gathered that day as overwhelmingly pro-police and suggested a small group of ‘provocateurs’ turned unsuspecting marchers into an invading mob.​
Johnson also suggested Tuesday that police actions — firing tear gas into the crowd — altered the psychology of a previously peaceful gathering, turning pro-law enforcement demonstrators against the police.​

The election WAS stolen.
Trump told people to protest peacefully.. It was 99% peaceful.
Blame lies at the feet of those who refused to hold a full audit.
This would have been solved everything in 2 days and there would not have been an "insurrection" (sic).
No the election wasn't stolen. Those who claim that it was had every opportunity to prove it and they couldn't. Recounts happened, audits happened, and court cases happened. No proof of fraud. So the election was won, fairly per our system, by Biden.
That's not so. The courts refused to even hear the evidence. Court cases that could have proved massive election fraud were dismissed on technicalities and the evidence was never presented. The SCOTUS proved itself to be run by a handful of chickenshit justices, John Roberts being the head chicken.

Last edited:

Good to see that at least some of the Trumpsters draw a line at some of the wacky bullshit conspiracy theories posted by right-wing propaganda.

There have been multiple confirmed instances of infiltrators agitating or committing crimes to make the other side look bad, on both sides over the last few years.

Thus, suspecting such a possibility is not "wacky bullshit conspiracy theory" but something any reasonable person should consider as a possible scenario, before leaping to conclusions.

We are very polarized and it not easy to give even an inch to the other side

and that applies to libs also

as I pointed out to someone else this morning when NAMBLA or its equivilant makes the big push through the courts for equal rights even the more sane lefties will have a difficult time disavowing them

Last edited:

There have been multiple confirmed instances of infiltrators agitating or committing crimes to make the other side look bad, on both sides over the last few years.

Thus, suspecting such a possibility is not "wacky bullshit conspiracy theory" but something any reasonable person should consider as a possible scenario, before leaping to conclusions.

In this instance, it's a wacky bullshit conspiracy theory. As confirmed by the FBI.

In this instance, it's a wacky bullshit conspiracy theory. As confirmed by the FBI.

Note how in my post, I made a point and then gave a supporting argument?

To disagree, you should assert your disagreement and then offer an counter argument.

What you did instead was an appeal to authority, an authority that has been repeatedly demonstrated to be biased and unreliable.

YOu fail.

Note how in my post, I made a point and then gave a supporting argument?

To disagree, you should assert your disagreement and then offer an counter argument.

What you did instead was an appeal to authority, an authority that has been repeatedly demonstrated to be biased and unreliable.

YOu fail.

You can try to spin it however you like, but the FBI says that this claim made by Trumpsters is not based in reality.

My point stands.

Forum List

Back