FBI arrests a third of Toledo city council: how deep is the corruption?

Obiwan

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2015
Indiana
Have you ever known a Democrat that wasn't an outright criminal???

On Tuesday, following a 2-year investigation, the FBI arrested an attorney and four members of the city council of Toledo, Ohio for involvement in a complex bribery and extortion scheme. All politicians arrested are Democrats.

Following the arrests, US Attorney Justin Herdman said on Fox News, “As alleged in the Complaint, four Toledo City Council members and a local attorney have been engaged in a pay-to-play scheme involving bribes for Council votes. Maintaining the public’s trust in its elected officials is one of the Department of Justice’s core responsibilities.”

The four members of the Toledo city council and the associated attorney have been charged with distributing various ‘benefits’ in exchange for votes. The FBI has said that the defendants accepted monetary and valuable non-monetary gifts from local business owners. All were tantamount to bribes to influence city leaders’ votes.

It is unclear how many laws have been passed in Toledo on the back of this bribery scheme. The four city council members constitute a third of that body, enough to sway the vote on a regular basis.

Yet another question must be raised, in light of this news: how many more city council members, across the entire country, are engaged in similar schemes? If leaders from this Ohio town are doing it, what about leaders in larger cities like San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and more?

And before the goofy Libs go to screaming about "the source", here's another one...

Last edited:
As far as Los Angeles is concerned, a former City Council member has just pleaded guilty to corruption. (I believe he was a Republican. Perhaps the only one on the 15-member Council.)

And a current member was just arrested on corruption charges. He is a Democrat.

Does the media protect Dem politicians or at least playdown their corruption?

Well, a few years back, some observers charged that the media in Atlanta, Georgia, downplayed corruption in that city because they feared being called "racist." (I personally believe the charge.)

Every Black country that revolts to remove Whitey (with direction from Jewish groups) is totally corrupt. We in the USA are in the midst of a revolt. With the exception of like 2 or 3, virtually all Blacks (and Jewish groups) are corrupt by nature. In particular Osama Hussaine Obama. That POS (and Jewish groups that support that turd) attacked our Presidential votes.

Every Black country that revolts to remove Whitey (with direction from Jewish groups) is totally corrupt. We in the USA are in the midst of a revolt. With the exception of like 2 or 3, virtually all Blacks (and Jewish groups) are corrupt by nature. In particular Osama Hussaine Obama. That POS (and Jewish groups that support that turd) attacked our Presidential votes.

John Birch and David Duke would be so proud of you.

Have you ever known a Democrat that wasn't an outright criminal???

On Tuesday, following a 2-year investigation, the FBI arrested an attorney and four members of the city council of Toledo, Ohio for involvement in a complex bribery and extortion scheme. All politicians arrested are Democrats.

Following the arrests, US Attorney Justin Herdman said on Fox News, “As alleged in the Complaint, four Toledo City Council members and a local attorney have been engaged in a pay-to-play scheme involving bribes for Council votes. Maintaining the public’s trust in its elected officials is one of the Department of Justice’s core responsibilities.”

The four members of the Toledo city council and the associated attorney have been charged with distributing various ‘benefits’ in exchange for votes. The FBI has said that the defendants accepted monetary and valuable non-monetary gifts from local business owners. All were tantamount to bribes to influence city leaders’ votes.

It is unclear how many laws have been passed in Toledo on the back of this bribery scheme. The four city council members constitute a third of that body, enough to sway the vote on a regular basis.
I live in Toledo. I know first hand that the city council's pay to play scam has been ongoing for decades. It's usually regarding special use permits. I'm a concrete contractor and I couldn't tell you how many times projects have been delayed while waiting for my clients to pay the bribes to city council to get an SUP passed.

This time it's not only about soliciting bribes, it's about extortion of a gas station/carryout owner. A councilman demanded money to call off the BLM thugs who were blocking his gas station and harassing customers.

Kudos to the Trump administration for finally doing something about it.

Forum List

Back