Favorite Show on TV...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
I was watching Cartoon network last night and i got around to thinking that Venture Brothers is one of the best shows I've watched on TV in recent memory. It makes you laugh with its visual humor but it also hits you with its inside joke humor. Just basing a show on the real lives of super heroes and villains in the spy game is hillarious. Throw in the campy Johnny Quest humor and i can't help but think that i love this show.

So that brings me to the question, what is everyone's top 5 favorite shows on TV currently?

South Park
Family Guy
Venture Bros
Futurama (yea its reruns but whatever)
24 (when its the season)

1. South Park
2. Tom Goes to the Mayor
3. The Colbert Report
4. Midnight Money Madness (it's a hypnotizing train wreck)
5. Throwdown with Bobby Flay

I was watching Cartoon network last night and i got around to thinking that Venture Brothers is one of the best shows I've watched on TV in recent memory. It makes you laugh with its visual humor but it also hits you with its inside joke humor. Just basing a show on the real lives of super heroes and villains in the spy game is hillarious. Throw in the campy Johnny Quest humor and i can't help but think that i love this show.

So that brings me to the question, what is everyone's top 5 favorite shows on TV currently?

South Park
Family Guy
Venture Bros
Futurama (yea its reruns but whatever)
24 (when its the season)

Only 24.

6. Weeds
5. Criminal Minds
4. CSI.... any CSI
3. Survivor (I love, love love, Survivor... totally addicted)
2. Daily Show/Colbert Report
1. 24....... 24.... 24................

Top Tier (These shows are far and away the best on TV, IMO)

House
NCIS
Mystery! (the Detective Lynley series)

Second Tier:

Amazing Race
The Big Break (golf channel)
Flip This House

1. South Park
2. Tom Goes to the Mayor
3. The Colbert Report
4. Midnight Money Madness (it's a hypnotizing train wreck)
5. Throwdown with Bobby Flay

Blah how can you stomach TGTM? Everytime i watch that show (which is never after the first 2 or 3 episodes but the previews on AS are always on), i feel like i have to take a shower. Im not naturally homophobic but that shows makes me hate gay people.

What do you think of VB, Dan?

Blah how can you stomach TGTM? Everytime i watch that show (which is never after the first 2 or 3 episodes but the previews on AS are always on), i feel like i have to take a shower. Im not naturally homophobic but that shows makes me hate gay people.

Really? Is it just because of the married news team, because they're the only gay characters. And I think it's pretty funny how awkward their newscasts are.

What do you think of VB, Dan?

I'm not really a fan. The main reason is a really dumb one, but I think the animation is too good. I just expect my Adult Swim to look like crap and to see anything otherwise just doesn't feel like Adult Swim to me. I do think it's a funny idea for a show, and it occassionally makes me laugh, but I couldn't really say I'm a fan.

Did you catch Frisky Dingo the other night? It's by the guys who did Sealab. It's okay, kinda hard to tell from one episode, y'know?

The best thing I've seen on Adult Swim in a long time (aside from Tom!) was the pilot for Lucy, Daughter of the Devil, which they only showed once or twice. It was an interesting idea with a very cool, weird animation style.

Really? Is it just because of the married news team, because they're the only gay characters. And I think it's pretty funny how awkward their newscasts are.

I think it's more the promos. They always show these clips of guys putting their junk on another guys face or licking a hoagie like it was a cock up and down. They try to make the show look gay.

I'm not really a fan. The main reason is a really dumb one, but I think the animation is too good. I just expect my Adult Swim to look like crap and to see anything otherwise just doesn't feel like Adult Swim to me. I do think it's a funny idea for a show, and it occassionally makes me laugh, but I couldn't really say I'm a fan.

lol, I think its so different from normal AS shows is because the guys arent normal AS animators. They have usually good storylines though. I think thats the main difference between them and AS shows.

Did you catch Frisky Dingo the other night? It's by the guys who did Sealab. It's okay, kinda hard to tell from one episode, y'know?

I started watching it and then i couldnt stop watching it because i wanted to see where the hell they were going with it. It was funny in parts but weird. Exactly like sealab.

The best thing I've seen on Adult Swim in a long time (aside from Tom!) was the pilot for Lucy, Daughter of the Devil, which they only showed once or twice. It was an interesting idea with a very cool, weird animation style.

Never saw that one. I want to see Korgoth. They only made that one episode and ive watched it like 7 times.

BTW, NEW AQUA TEEN THIS WEEK!!!!

A select range of years for the Simpsons
House
Entourage
The Wire
Daily Show/Colbert Report/Conan

but perhaps two of my favorite shows of all time have long since departed:

MST3K

and

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

I think it's more the promos. They always show these clips of guys putting their junk on another guys face or licking a hoagie like it was a cock up and down. They try to make the show look gay.

I will grant you this. I don't really know why they do that, but I agree, they do do that a lot in their promos.

lol, I think its so different from normal AS shows is because the guys arent normal AS animators. They have usually good storylines though. I think thats the main difference between them and AS shows.

Yeah, we're polar opposites on this one, I actually prefer AS shows to have as little plot as possible.

I started watching it and then i couldnt stop watching it because i wanted to see where the hell they were going with it. It was funny in parts but weird. Exactly like sealab.

I think it's going to have a regular storyline, the way 12 Oz. Mouse does, instead of just the same basic situation every week like, say, Sealab or ATHF.

BTW, NEW AQUA TEEN THIS WEEK!!!!

I know! But, what's up with putting it on at 10:30?! I'm going to watch that, then have to kill almost an hour and a half before anything else worth a crap comes on.

Entourage

I forgot. I'll add this one to my list, even though it's the most superficial show on TV.

I'd put him in a separate category than Colbert or TDS, but yeah, he's got the only talk show on TV that fairly regularly gets boos for doing jokes that go too far. I really respect that.

MST3K

and

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

I loved MST3K back in the day. Have you checked out Mike Nelson's downloadable commentary tracks yet?

Clay, have you seen Most Extreme Eliminations on Spike? It's MST3X-like, and hysterical.
I can really only take that show when inebriated. It was cool at first, but it just becomes too predictable.

Oh another Japanese guy is going to awkwardly fall in the mud!??!??! :)

I forgot. I'll add this one to my list, even though it's the most superficial show on TV.
The superficiality is what makes it so good!
I'd put him in a separate category than Colbert or TDS, but yeah, he's got the only talk show on TV that fairly regularly gets boos for doing jokes that go too far. I really respect that.
I put them in the same category because they all serve the same purpose for me: humor before sleep.
I loved MST3K back in the day. Have you checked out Mike Nelson's downloadable commentary tracks yet?
I haven't, although I have about 4 MST3K movies on DVD. Good shit.

Clay, have you seen Most Extreme Eliminations on Spike? It's MST3X-like, and hysterical.

Oh man--my son got me watching that show-----some of the funniest one liners I've ever heard. I tried to convinced him it was another stupid, trashy show but he caught me laughing at it.

The superficiality is what makes it so good!
Yeah, but there's really no denying it when people ask you what's so good about it.... "Well, hot chicks and guys partying all the time."

I put them in the same category because they all serve the same purpose for me: humor before sleep.

Oh, okay. Sometimes I forget that not everyone goes to bed at 3 AM like me.

I haven't, although I have about 4 MST3K movies on DVD. Good shit.

I really need to get some of those. Every once in a while, I still hook up a VCR and watch some episodes I recorded off of old-school Comedy Central, back when they only had like four or five shows.

New Topics

Forum List

Back