Favorite sandwich?

Homemade: Italian BMT.

Eat out: Original style Phllly, like they make it Philly...Without peppers, mushrooms, or any of the other crap that restaurants that aren't in Philly put on a cheesesteak.

You ever been to Pat’s or Geno’s in Philly? I love Philly cheesesteak, but honestly didn’t think their cheesesteaks were Godly.

I thought both were good but overrated.
Even Cheesesteaks from Philly vs outside
The best cheesesteaks are made from thinly sliced rib-eye and provolone cheese on an Italian roll. Some folks like freezing the rib-eye which makes slicing rhin slices easier. I make mine using the deckel which is the upper strap portion of a rib-eye.

No Cheeze Wiz?

Eat out: Original style Phllly, like they make it Philly...Without peppers, mushrooms, or any of the other crap that restaurants that aren't in Philly put on a cheesesteak.

You ever been to Pat’s or Geno’s in Philly? I love Philly cheesesteak, but honestly didn’t think their cheesesteaks were Godly.

The best cheesesteaks are made from thinly sliced rib-eye and provolone cheese on an Italian roll. Some folks like freezing the rib-eye which makes slicing rhin slices easier. I make mine using the deckel which is the upper strap portion of a rib-eye.

No Cheeze Wiz?
No. I grew up on Italian cheesesteaks made with Provolone. Cheeze whiz is like the 8th deadly sin.

No Cheeze Wiz?
No. I grew up on Italian cheesesteaks made with Provolone. Cheeze whiz is like the 8th deadly sin.

What I hate about Cheeze Steaks in Philly....Wiz instead of real cheese

No Cheeze Wiz?
Cheese Wiz? Isn't that one molecule away from Flex Seal?
:eusa_sick:

I loved that shit as a kid though.

No Cheeze Wiz?
The three favorite cheeses for steak sandwiches are Cheez Wiz, Provolone and White American.

The cap steak.

No Cheeze Wiz?

What I hate about Cheeze Steaks in Philly....Wiz instead of real cheese
Cheese Wiz isn't even real cheese except for some random chunks of assorted junk cheeses mixed in with the non-cheese ingredients. so they can call it cheese.

No Cheeze Wiz?
The three favorite cheeses for steak sandwiches are Cheez Wiz, Provolone and White American.
Mozzarella is often used in combination with Provolone or by itself.

No Cheeze Wiz?
Mozzarella is often used in combination with Provolone or by itself.
Pizza steak with pepperoni is a good variation. One of many.

Breaded Tenderloin
Potato Bun
Mayo, Horseradish sauce, diced onions, sweet pickles chips...

View attachment 390200View attachment 390198

Finally! Someone who likes a little spice!

When I was a little kid my dad would buy a beef tongue at least once a month and we would feast on cold tongue sammies... The old man's special sauce was Shedd's old style sauce... I believe I like Boars Head better then Shedd's though...
The old man worked on the Rail Road and knew where there was a field of Horsesradish grown commercially... Some how some way he would bring some root home with him... When he made some sauce, it would make you shit funny for a week... Life was good...

1600469148189.png
1600469148189.png

When I was a little kid my dad would buy a beef tongue at least once a month and we would feast on cold tongue sammies... The old man's special sauce was Shedd's old style sauce... I believe I like Boars Head better then Shedd's though...
The old man worked on the Rail Road and knew where there was a field of Horsesradish grown commercially... Some how some way he would bring some root home with him... When he made some sauce, it would make you shit funny for a week... Life was good...

It's amazing how hard it is to find truly good strong horseradish these days, or any strong, spicy food on any menus with horseradish, garlic, real mustard, hot peppers, onions, etc.

When I go to Subway, I always get a black forest man foot long sandwich on white bread with just lettuce and mayonnaise added. When I am at home, I love egg salad sandwiches and turkey sandwiches.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

A good PB&J is tough to beat.

Oh man I love PBJ's.

My mom used to toast the bread, then add the PB & J...lay on a cookie sheet & toss them in the oven until the J started bubbeling. Served them to us open-faced.

I burned the roof of my mouth many a time because I couldn't wait for that deliciousness :mm:
My wife batters the PB&J in Panko and then deep fries it.
Take it out and sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

My diet says "Fuck you very much"...

It's amazing how hard it is to find truly good strong horseradish these days, or any strong, spicy food on any menus with horseradish, garlic, real mustard, hot peppers, onions, etc.
I used to make my own horseradish and mustard
It was lethal

You live in Hawaii, isn't it supposed to be fried Spam with tomato, onion, and mayo? :)

Spam sammies are really not that popular... Micky D's had a spam breakfast biscuit for awhile... Locals like their spam with rice...

While I live in Hawaii and I am very fond of the environs but,

1600558297356.png

New Topics

Forum List

Back