Favorite sandwich?

out: A really good reuben

In: Homemade Italian Sub or Homemade Italian beef.

To do the sub right the bread is key, as are the cuts of meat. Get fresh bread. I buy mine at local Italian grocery market and use the same bread they make their subs from Don't cheap on the meat on this one. Otherwise follow the instructions pretty much to the letter and it's as good any any you can buy in a deli.

On the Italian beef, use only a sirloin tip roast and shave it thin. I've tried the other roasts and they suck, else follow the instructions to the letter. DO NOT use fresh ground pepper, it overpowers the gravy and it's a giant pepper bomb.

I like the KFC Double Down bacon sandwich, which uses fried chicken instead of bread. Great for people who don't want as much gluten as they have in bread.

What's coming next

KFC Is 3D-Printing Chicken Nuggets. Would You Eat Them?

^^^^ This:

1600444106591.png

1600444147647.png

I prefer roast beef, Swiss cheese, mayo or Russian dressing, onions, tomatoes, pickles, on a hero.

Wow, there used to be a sammich joint in Oak View, CA in the 80's called "Mr Munch". They had these square, crispy on the edges home-baked sourdough rolls and seriously piled on the meat. I usually got mine with roast beef or turkey, swiss, mayo, honey mustard and a whole bunch of shredded lettuce. This was a semi-hot sandwich because they baked the bread just prior to lunchtime.

These were as you might imagine - very messy. The shrapnel would fly everywhere and blind people on occasion. Taking them back to work was problematic and eating them in your car was even worse. But they had picnic tables outside so that was the ticket!

I shed a tear the day Mr Munch closed down. :crybaby:

Last edited:
I like the KFC Double Down bacon sandwich, which uses fried chicken instead of bread. Great for people who don't want as much gluten as they have in bread.

What's coming next

^^^^ This:

View attachment 390166

View attachment 390167

:auiqs.jpg:

What's coming next

^^^^ This:

View attachment 390166

View attachment 390167

LOL

I prefer roast beef, Swiss cheese, mayo or Russian dressing, onions, tomatoes, pickles, on a hero.

I like obviously white bread - being a White Supremacist I ONLY have White bread ( :abgg2q.jpg:) so each piece buttered and one piece also spread on Dijon mustard and then on the other piece with only the butter on this is red salmon and FINELY SLICED cucumber.

NOTE: NO CRUSTS. The crusts must be removed, they ruin this type of sammich.

I also like white bread, both pieces buttered and with bacon slices on and also Calvé Senape spread on the bacon, Calvé Senape is an old Italian mustard, I don't know if you can get it in America but it is GORGEOUS:

View attachment 390165
Grow yer own and make it...I like mine with jalapeno peppers..and you can eat the greens with bacon..

out: A really good reuben

In: Homemade Italian Sub or Homemade Italian beef.

To do the sub right the bread is key, as are the cuts of meat. Get fresh bread. I buy mine at local Italian grocery market and use the same bread they make their subs from Don't cheap on the meat on this one. Otherwise follow the instructions pretty much to the letter and it's as good any any you can buy in a deli.

On the Italian beef, use only a sirloin tip roast and shave it thin. I've tried the other roasts and they suck, else follow the instructions to the letter. DO NOT use fresh ground pepper, it overpowers the gravy and it's a giant pepper bomb.

:up:

New Topics

Forum List

Back