Favorite Music in Sport

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, for this thread you need to show a music that you like that has to do with a sport, i will start with this song.
My favorite.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Hello, for this thread you need to show a music that you like that has to do with a sport, i will start with this song.
My favorite.

You'll Never Walk Alone

I would be totally unaware of that song's connection with sport if not for Pink Floyd. :)

My favorite.

You'll Never Walk Alone

I would be totally unaware of that song's connection with sport if not for Pink Floyd. :)

Hello Pogo :) true Pink Floyd did the songit is a beautiful song...here the history of the song.

"You'll Never Walk Alone" is a show tune from the 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel. In the second act of the musical, Nettie Fowler, the cousin of the female protagonist Julie Jordan, sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" to comfort and encourage Julie when her husband, Billy Bigelow, the male lead, commits suicide after a failed robbery attempt. It is reprised in the final scene to encourage a graduation class of which Louise (Billy and Julie's daughter) is a member. The now invisible Billy, who has been granted the chance to return to Earth for one day in order to redeem himself, watches the ceremony and is able to silently motivate the unhappy Louise to join in the song.
The song is also sung at association football clubs around the world, where it is performed by a massed chorus of supporters on matchday; this tradition began at Liverpool F.C. in the early 1960s.

I suspect Europeans, and maybe soccer in general, uses music connected to sport far more than we do.

Other than the old "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" I'm not even sure I can think of any.

images

*****SMILE*****

:)

I suspect Europeans, and maybe soccer in general, uses music connected to sport far more than we do.

Other than the old "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" I'm not even sure I can think of any.
I understand Pogo very well:), I did not know either what happens in the united states with music and sport.:)
Yes it is European sport and music. Just like another champions league (Europe)

Dalia is correct in that we do not have "club songs" here in the States as they do in Europe. Sure, the Houston Oilers had that inane song back in the late '70's/early '80's, but it is not standard. That is not to say that music is not a big part of the spectacle at sporting events. Anyone who has attended a live match can attest to this.
The one that jumps right to mind for me is the other thing that Gary Glitter is known for: Rock 'n' Roll part 2, (the "hey" song):

This isn't a sport song but a song by the Band "The Sports"
obviously a name picked out before the age of search engines where their name is burried and impossible to sift through on Youtube.

There are certain baseball stadiums --- just a few, Wankee Stadium is one of them ---- that will play a slice of the Banana Boat Song. Only a very quick bite, the cry "DAY-O". Just that part by itself.

I've never figured that out. There is nothing anywhere in the Banana Boat song that makes any reference in the slightest way to baseball. It makes no sense.

Then there are certain players who have music snippets played when they come up to bat (Chase Utley, Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir") but that's only an occasional instance.

Forum List

Back