Favorite fighter and bomber

bill5

Jul 26, 2011
Fighter: P-51 Mustang. If we split it into props and jets, for jet age I'll take the A-10. What a classic make-my-day aircraft. :cool:

Bomber: how can it not be the B-52? Greatest bomber ever with amazing staying power.

Favorite Fighter: P-51D (Obviously)
Favorite Bomber: B-24J. My Grandfather flew one out of Italy in WWII.

Favourite fighter? Jack Sharkey. Look him up to see why.
Favourite bomber? George Metesky. You'll have to look a little harder for him.

Interestingly, neither of them flew airplanes. Perhaps not a bad thing.

F-4 Phantom II

300px-F-4B_VMFA-314_1968.jpg

All great nominees. Always thought the F-4 was one of the "coolest" looking A/C too, very distinctive.

I guess I should've added fav cargo and/or fav "other" (intel A/C, CAS A/C, etc) - oops

Fighter: P-51 Mustang. If we split it into props and jets, for jet age I'll take the A-10. What a classic make-my-day aircraft. :cool:

Bomber: how can it not be the B-52? Greatest bomber ever with amazing staying power.

I use to work for a Ex-Military Pilot who flew the A-10. He absolutely loved it. Said it was a great plane.

what is it with men and planes and ships? just what the hell? i have been dragged on board more out of service ships and planes than i care to admit.. i just dont get it...if you have seen one ship you have seen them all...same for all those damn planes...men who are well educated etc...will turn into 12 yr old once you board a plane or ship...

what is it with men and planes and ships? just what the hell? i have been dragged on board more out of service ships and planes than i care to admit.. i just dont get it...if you have seen one ship you have seen them all...same for all those damn planes...men who are well educated etc...will turn into 12 yr old once you board a plane or ship...

Yep.

Freely admit it.

I love going to the intrepid museum. :clap2:

HUGE difference between serving on an Amphib, a Carrier, a Battleship.

serving on one perhaps but visiting an anchored one?

and i love that hurt look when i dont wanna go....it is like i just stomped a dream lol

Ummmm...yeah? So? :tongue:

serving on one perhaps but visiting an anchored one?

and i love that hurt look when i dont wanna go....it is like i just stomped a dream lol

Yeah it would really break my heart if a woman who doesn't "get it" wouldn't want to go on a plane or ship I wanted to see. My "dream" ruined! No way could I go w/o her to hold hands with. sniffle.

lol :rolleyes:

;)

Don't forget spacecraft...I drag the wife to the Cosmosphere in Kansas at every opportunity.

[youtube]9Fg61Zg2QtA&feature=fvsr[/youtube]

Forum List

Back