Father of Apocalyptic Christian Zionism- Hal Lindsey

surada

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2021

Gen. 12:3
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

There is no sinister plot or wild religious heresy going on in Christian Zionism. That one verse above explains exactly why Christians decide to be "Zionists". It has nothing to do with believing Jews are somehow "better" than any other human being. It's about worshipping the same God - something I'd bet is the root cause for the hatred because usually, those who hate Jews don't believe in God at all or believe in the moon deity Allah.
But hey, rage on.

Excerpt:

End Times Dispensationalism

So what are these End Times beliefs that have converted much of the remaining Protestant establishment in American into a disastrous death cult? It’s complicated.

Christians have always believed that Jesus would one day return, but that belief started out vague, and grew steadily less important as this key event kept failing to occur. In first decades after Jesus’ crucifixion, the Apostle Paul believed that Jesus’ return was so imminent that people needn’t bother getting married. Naturally, that belief didn’t age well.

As time passed and Christians who initially thought themselves immune from death started dying, these young churches needed an explanation. New Testament writers offered a series of oblique pronouncements about an End of Days, but their attention gradually moved from the imminent return of someone who persistently failed to return, toward a focus on Heaven and the Afterlife.

One Biblical writer, influenced apparently by persecutions of Christians in the Second Century, wrote a psychedelic screed which came to be titled Revelation. To the extent that anyone can derive context or meaning from this rant, it seems to be directed squarely at the writer’s most hated targets, the Romans and the Jews.

In it Jesus is said to condemn the unbelieving Jews as the “Synagogue of Satan” and their future torments are described with sadistic color. It also imagines a series of exquisite horrors to be vengefully visited on its other main character, Rome, at the End of the World.

The Book of Revelation barely made it into our New Testament canon and the Christian belief in Jesus’s return faded into a minor element of the faith. Down through the centuries, End Times theology flared up in times of plague, disorder, or mayhem, but it remained the playground of religious zealots and outcasts, never developed with much interest by conventional theologians.

Ask an American evangelical today about Armageddon or the End of the World, and you’re likely to hear a story gleaned from popular literature that descends not from the early church or the Bible, but from the colorful imagination of a 19th century English cultist.

After being seriously injured in a fall from horse in 1827, lapsed cleric John Nelson Darby began to write down the theology God had revealed to him.

Most of his work was forgotten, and his teachings flopped entirely in Europe. However, one element of his cult mythology caught fire in the US, especially in the South. By crafting together bits and pieces of Biblical text like the disconnected words on refrigerator magnets, Darby invented a story of The End Times perfectly suited

for the needs of slaveholder religion in the South. It was called Dispensationalism.

continued

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

There is no sinister plot or wild religious heresy going on in Christian Zionism. That one verse above explains exactly why Christians decide to be "Zionists". It has nothing to do with believing Jews are somehow "better" than any other human being. It's about worshipping the same God - something I'd bet is the root cause for the hatred because usually, those who hate Jews don't believe in God at all or believe in the moon deity Allah.
But hey, rage on.

Gen 12:3 is God talking to Abraham..

Christian Zionism is based on the Scofield Heresy.

Oh... and while we're at it, that nonsense about "the church" being who the promise was actually made to is easily disproven. The covenant God made with Abram was very clear-
7And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Oh... and while we're at it, that nonsense about "the church" being who the promise was actually made to is easily disproven. The covenant God made with Abram was very clear-
7And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Abraham had many sons by Hagar and Keturah.

But hey, rage on.

Gen 12:3 is God talking to Abraham..

Christian Zionism is based on the Scofield Heresy.
That's nice... now, go check and make sure there are no JOOOOS under your bed. You people weary me. Scratch a dedicated hater of CZ and you'll find a political hack shilling for the poor Palis every time. Here's an idea... tell them to stop slaughtering innocent Israelis and come to a peace table. Otherwise, feck 'em AND the camel they rode in on.

Abraham had many sons by Hagar and Keturah.
Yes, he did. But the line passed through Issac, not Ishmael. I'll not bother to dig the scripture up for you because you wouldn't change your mind if Christ Himself tried to set you straight. Hate who you want to hate. My guess is you'll only be supported by the other Jew-haters on the site. I have no time for that nonsense.

Christians have always believed that Jesus would one day return, but that belief started out vague, and grew steadily less important as this key event kept failing to occur. In first decades after Jesus’ crucifixion, the Apostle Paul believed that Jesus’ return was so imminent that people needn’t bother getting married. Naturally, that belief didn’t age well.
The distress leading to the conflict that the prophets and the Lord revealed in their visions was the reality that unfolded before Paul’s eyes and taxed him in the waning years of his life, discouraging him from marrying or making significant changes in his life (1 Cor 7:26).

Paul encouraged others to remarry and bear children, though (1 Tim 5:14). Though he himself felt no compulsion to marry in the last days, he nonetheless encouraged the propagation of the faithful on the earth. In other words, the earth was not going anywhere anytime soon, and so neither was the Lord’s reign on it. Many would suffer through hardship and war, but the kingdom would go on, and not just go on, but thrive.
As time passed and Christians who initially thought themselves immune from death started dying, these young churches needed an explanation. New Testament writers offered a series of oblique pronouncements about an End of Days, but their attention gradually moved from the imminent return of someone who persistently failed to return, toward a focus on Heaven and the Afterlife.
The primitive Christians were steeped in tradition, as evidenced by their continuing to support the temple, i.e., the Synagogue of Satan. Of course they needed time to accept what the resurrection really was.

And they were beginning to understand. If the resurrection was a world-ending event when every cremated, dismembered, and decomposed body was reconstituted and restored to life, how did Hymenaeus and Philetus convince anyone that it had happened before it actually had (2 Tm 2:17-18)? Obviously these two were teaching a spiritual resurrection, albeit a premature one.

Whereas Zionists proclaim their theology wherever they reside in the world, Christian Zionists (or Christian Restorationists) insist that Jews must relocate to Israel. They believe that once Jews are gathered in their new holy land, Jesus will come back. Ironically, like most mainstream Christians, they believe that Jesus will come back at or around a “Great Tribulation,” when one third of the Jewish population in Israel will die, per Revelation Chapter 9. Does this intent to gather Jews to a killing field exemplify the neighborliness that Jesus preached? Decidedly no.

I find it revealing that many religionists have a deep need to endlessly speculate WHEN the end times comes. The obsession that generates cults (David Koresh) and doomsday proclamations over the decades, the endless interpretations of a few lines in the book of revelations (often written in stupid and unnecessary riddles) the endless talk about the "rapture" indicating a deep seated need to believe in something.....

Why can't religionists just patiently wait quietly? leave out the silly speculations as their favorite messiah says no one knows the hour of his coming.....

:rolleyes:

Excerpt:

So what are these End Times beliefs that have converted much of the remaining Protestant establishment in American into a disastrous death cult? It’s complicated.

One Biblical writer, influenced apparently by persecutions of Christians in the Second Century, wrote a psychedelic screed which came to be titled Revelation. To the extent that anyone can derive context or meaning from this rant, it seems to be directed squarely at the writer’s most hated targets, the Romans and the Jews.

In it Jesus is said to condemn the unbelieving Jews as the “Synagogue of Satan” and their future torments are described with sadistic color. It also imagines a series of exquisite horrors to be vengefully visited on its other main character, Rome, at the End of the World.

The Book of Revelation barely made it into our New Testament canon and the Christian belief in Jesus’s return faded into a minor element of the faith. Down through the centuries, End Times theology flared up in times of plague, disorder, or mayhem, but it remained the playground of religious zealots and outcasts, never developed with much interest by conventional theologians.

Ask an American evangelical today about Armageddon or the End of the World, and you’re likely to hear a story gleaned from popular literature that descends not from the early church or the Bible, but from the colorful imagination of a 19th century English cultist.

After being seriously injured in a fall from horse in 1827, lapsed cleric John Nelson Darby began to write down the theology God had revealed to him.

Most of his work was forgotten, and his teachings flopped entirely in Europe. However, one element of his cult mythology caught fire in the US, especially in the South. By crafting together bits and pieces of Biblical text like the disconnected words on refrigerator magnets, Darby invented a story of The End Times perfectly suited

for the needs of slaveholder religion in the South. It was called Dispensationalism.

continued
Ehh, you are a pagan. The End Times Tribulation or Time of Jacob's Trouble is for Israel's Repentance and to bring the remnant of Israel in to recognition and acceptance of Yeshua-Jesus as their Messiah.

It's 2nd fold purpose is to punish a Christ Rejecting humanity, and destroy human government and pour out The Wrath of God on The End Times Anti Christ Government, and then put an end to Evil, and establish The Millennial Kingdom of Christ on a Restored Earth.

Hal Lindsey only teaches what The Scriptures Say. And they say The Jews will suffer just as much if not more than all the other unbelievers on Earth during that time of the 7 year tribulation. 2/3rds of The Jews are killed, and only 1/3rd is saved at The End at Armageddon during Christ's return when The Jews "look upon Him whom they pierced". So how you can call 2/3rds of all Jews being slaughtered some kind of Zionism is beyond me.

70% of the World's population is wiped out in that 7 years, most of the water is poisoned, most of the fish die, 1/4 of all plant life get's burnt up, and 1/3rd of all ships are destroyed, and that is just the beginning of sorrows and curses such as The Earth has never seen.

Only The Church of Believers in Christ escape the wrath that is coming upon The Earth, and everyone else, including Jews endures God's Wrath.

Whereas Zionists proclaim their theology wherever they reside in the world, Christian Zionists (or Christian Restorationists) insist that Jews must relocate to Israel. They believe that once Jews are gathered in their new holy land, Jesus will come back. Ironically, like most mainstream Christians, they believe that Jesus will come back at or around a “Great Tribulation,” when one third of the Jewish population in Israel will die, per Revelation Chapter 9. Does this intent to gather Jews to a killing field exemplify the neighborliness that Jesus preached? Decidedly no.
2/3rds of all Jews are killed and hunted down like dogs in The Tribulation, leaving only a 1/3rd remnant who turn to Christ upon his return and are grafted back in to the vine with The Church.

Excerpt:

continued
Ehh, you are a pagan. The End Times Tribulation or Time of Jacob's Trouble is for Israel's Repentance and to bring the remnant of Israel in to recognition and acceptance of Yeshua-Jesus as their Messiah.

It's 2nd fold purpose is to punish a Christ Rejecting humanity, and destroy human government and pour out The Wrath of God on The End Times Anti Christ Government, and then put an end to Evil, and establish The Millennial Kingdom of Christ on a Restored Earth.

Hal Lindsey only teaches what The Scriptures Say. And they say The Jews will suffer just as much if not more than all the other unbelievers on Earth during that time of the 7 year tribulation. 2/3rds of The Jews are killed, and only 1/3rd is saved at The End at Armageddon during Christ's return when The Jews "look upon Him whom they pierced". So how you can call 2/3rds of all Jews being slaughtered some kind of Zionism is beyond me.

70% of the World's population is wiped out in that 7 years, most of the water is poisoned, most of the fish die, 1/4 of all plant life get's burnt up, and 1/3rd of all ships are destroyed, and that is just the beginning of sorrows and curses such as The Earth has never seen.

Only The Church of Believers in Christ escape the wrath that is coming upon The Earth, and everyone else, including Jews endures God's Wrath.

The end times were the end of Temple Judaism. I'm not a pagan at all. Hal Linsey is a poor scholar, but he does base his theology on the beliefs of Cyrus Scofield who was a convicted felon and had no religious training.

The Tribulation was over in 70 AD and the new Jewish Christians fled to the mountains as Jesus told them to do. They fled Jerusalem for Pella and avoided the horrors or the tribulation.

Excerpt:

continued

The end times were the end of Temple Judaism. I'm not a pagan at all. Hal Linsey is a poor scholar, but he does base his theology on the beliefs of Cyrus Scofield who was a convicted felon and had no religious training.

The Tribulation was over in 70 AD and the new Jewish Christians fled to the mountains as Jesus told them to do. They fled Jerusalem for Pella and avoided the horrors or the tribulation.
Sorry, but you preach heresies and blasphemies, and are wrong and ignorant of prophecy. Daniel's prophecy of 490 years or 70 Week Years of 7s was accurate right until the end of the 69th week or 483 years when "Messiah would be cut off and have nothing for Himself" right down to the day it was accurate. Christ was "The Cornerstone" the Jews Rejected. He was "The Man Acquainted with Sorrows.

When Messiah was cut off at the 69th week, prophecy for the most part came to a halt.

That means the that last 7 years determined upon Israel have been on hold since The Crucifixion and Resurrection of Christ. This represents The Church Age and Age of The Gentiles. When that age is over, and The Age of The Gentiles is Full, The Last 7 Years will begin.

Daniel's prophecy still has 7 years left in it. Other prophecies have been fulfilled such as the prophecy of The Diaspora, Ezekiel's Dry Bones where Israel becomes a nation again, and yet a couple others are not fulfilled yet, such as Damascus becoming a heap of rubble and being uninhabitable, and Russia, Turkey, and Iran coming down in to Syria to invade Israel.

The End Times Tribulation still has to occur for human history to come to a close and the Millennial reign of Christ begins.

Last edited:
Excerpt:

continued

Sorry, but you preach heresies and blasphemies, and are wrong and ignorant of prophecy. Daniel's prophecy of 490 years or 70 Week Years of 7s was accurate right until the end of the 69th week or 483 years when "Messiah would be cut off and have nothing for Himself" right down to the day it was accurate.

That means the that last 7 years determined upon Israel have been on hold since The Crucifixion and Resurrection of Christ. This represents The Church Age and Age of The Gentiles. When that age is over, and The Age of The Gentiles is Full, The Last 7 Years will begin.

Daniel was written by a group of Jews around 164 BC, during the reign of Antiochus IV Epiphanes to offer hope and encouragement to the Jews.

Antiochus was terrible. he raised an idol in the Temple (the Abomination of Desolation) forbid circumcision.... all sorts of mean crap. This was also around the time of the Maccabean Revolt. The writers set the story in the Babylonian court..

Jesus referenced Daniel when he said, "when you see the Abomination of Desolation again flee to the mountains... and they did.

Forum List

Back