Fascism, communism and other anti-democratic tendencies in Italy and USA

AlexIta93

Rookie
Feb 26, 2015
Hi everyone. I'm an italian guy interested in politics.

I would like to know something more about your country, compared with mine. For example, a big part of our cultural elite is proudly communist (not sovietic fans, but they are against capitalism, free market, "imperialism" which they see everywhere, pro-palestine, against any kind of war, even if it is against terrorism, by principle, and often against european union - and they prefere Putin over USA and EU because "he counterbalance the overwhelming power of the USA").

Among the population we have a lot of fascists who are nostalgic of Mussolini (10-30% I would say), and with them there are a lot of other persons who think that democracy doesn't work, EU doesn't work, USA doesn't work and they admire more Putin or Gheddafi or Cuba or some other illiberal countries.

I am inclined to see USA as a country where democratic values are highly considerated and where fascism and communism have almost no influence. Am I right, or is it something that we aren't able to see being abroad?

Would you like to describe your country in relationship with this matter?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Our education system from K-college is completely dominated by communist ideology.

Fascism won't come in dark and insidious ways, from evil-looking people doing evil-looking things. It will come from something that everyone loves and thinks we need, and we will welcome with open arms.

Fascism won't arrive against protests and the will of the populace. Fascism will only come when we welcome it, and when it comes we will love it. We will welcome it "with thunderous applause".

Forum List

Back