Far right wing county ARRESTS people; Then forces them into a church!!!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
150 warrants served in Operation Dragnet in Spartanburg County | GoUpstate.com

Ok. So the devil is in the details. But seriously. A massive warrant round up, in the uber-conservative upstate of South Carolina. The prisoners are taken, in handcuffs in custody, into a First Baptist Church to be processed before going to jail!!!!!

No shit. They actually arrested them, and then force them into a Baptist Church before taking them to jail.

The right wing never left the 1800's I suppose.

Ok. So the devil is in the details. But seriously. A massive warrant round up, in the uber-conservative upstate of South Carolina. The prisoners are taken, in handcuffs in custody, into a First Baptist Church to be processed before going to jail!!!!!

No shit. They actually arrested them, and then force them into a Baptist Church before taking them to jail.

OMG you are pathetic.

I bet right now they are wishing they went to church instead of into a life of crime.

:eusa_boohoo:

You're not only a fraud....you're also a top notch idiot

Logistics.

Is there room in the Spartanburg County jail for 150 or more prisoners to be held prior to booking? I would venture to guess there is not.

Are you claiming that these arrestees were forced to participate in some kind of religious exercise while waiting for booking, or are you just coming unglued because of the building they were held in?

Oh dont get me wrong, I love the warrant round up. And I for one dont give a shit about where they process them.

BUT...in todays lawsuit happy society, one would think it would be smarter to NOT round them up, force them into a church, THEN take them to jail. That county is going to get sued over this, no doubt about it. Just one of those criminals whines to a lawyer that his freedom of/from religion was violated, and cha-ching!!!

Is there room in the Spartanburg County jail for 150 or more prisoners to be held prior to booking? I would venture to guess there is not.

Are you claiming that these arrestees were forced to participate in some kind of religious exercise while waiting for booking, or are you just coming unglued because of the building they were held in?

Imagine this: Some local mayor or governor, a huge supporter of Barack Obama, does a massive tax-evasion warrant round up. And then herds them into a Muslim mosque before taking them to jail. Would there be outrage??? No question.

What would the Taliban do?

So what? Maybe the church was the only place with enough room to handle the large number of scumbags the cops busted.

The crooks weren't forced to attend mass were they?

The left does not find domestic abuse nor writing hot checks criminal activity.

Just to clarify how idiotic this whole topic is:

Suspects were transported to First Baptist Church of Fairforest to be processed and then transported to the Spartanburg County jail. Some ancillary charges, mostly for drugs, were added in cases in which officers observed illegal activity while serving the warrants, Wright said. Notices were left for suspects who could not be located.

Oh dont get me wrong, I love the warrant round up. And I for one dont give a shit about where they process them.

BUT...in todays lawsuit happy society, one would think it would be smarter to NOT round them up, force them into a church, THEN take them to jail. That county is going to get sued over this, no doubt about it. Just one of those criminals whines to a lawyer that his freedom of/from religion was violated, and cha-ching!!!

LOL

What a tool.

A vacant grocery store? An old warehouse? An old gymnasium? The local fenced in flea market? Any number of closed businesses that are big vacant buildings now?? The options are limitless. Spartanburg is among SC's 10 biggest cities, so it's not podunk Mayberry.

But they chose A CHURCH???

Can you imagine the outrage if a San Francisco or Chicago warrant roundup ended with prisoners being herded into a mosque before being taken to jail????

This was stupid.

When our city has a round up of violators they are sometimes processed at the gym in the high school. I guess the headlines would be "Arrestees are taken into custody and forced to watch high school basketball".

They were serving arrest warrants. Is the left so far out of touch with the American system of justice that they don't understand that information is presented to a judge alleging criminal activity and the judge issues an arrest warrant? The post is similar to the bigfoot science of global warming. Leave out a few crucial details and it changes the whole concept.

Then why make a thread about it?

LOL

What a tool.

Ah, but right wingers will be outraged when their precious, blessed, sacred Holy Tax Dollar is spent defending the ACLU lawsuits.

Forum List

Back