Far Right Violence Tolerated by Police

When Britons willfully remained silent while new gun laws virtually disarmed Britons, I thought ...."How stupid they are"

Now I see that in America it's no different.
No one is willing to stand for their freedom.

So it will be lost. The End.

you stand right, brits total losers, they just have one of lowest homicide rates in the world, no mass murders, no crazy police brutality, no wackos walking around with assault weapons, yeap, I want to be stripped from my 2nd amendment... :p :p :p

The far right in Idaho—which seemingly now includes its state Legislature—has a rule: Free speech for me, none for thee. Protesters from the right are welcome with open arms, but protesters from the left get thrown in jail.

That became manifest Monday in Boise when a horde of anti-COVID-19 restriction activists led by antigovernment figure Ammon Bundy broke into the chambers of the Statehouse, shoving their way past state troopers, pounding on doors, shouting and breaking doors and windows along the way, and then invading committee hearing rooms. But not only was no one arrested, state officials decided to accommodate them. It starkly contrasted with the scene a few years ago, when peaceful protesters seeking equal rights for LGBTQ people were arrested en masse for standing silently in the halls of the building.

Of course the cops tolerate violence by the right wing extremists

Does this make sense?

They assaulted police...the did damage to public buildings...
I was in Idaho last night and live about 10 miles from the border. If you're queer, go to Seattle, Portland or Frisco. They don't want their kids infected.

Far Right Extremists .....taking advantage of the unrest and promoting violent extremism. They get ignored.

In an eight-day span, an Air Force sergeant fatally shot a federal security officer and wounded his partner outside a U.S. courthouse and ambushed and killed a California sheriff’s deputy and injured four other officers, federal authorities said Tuesday.

In announcing murder and attempted murder charges in the shooting of the security personnel, authorities alleged Staff Sgt. Steven Carrillo, 32, had ties to the far-right, anti-government “boogaloo” movement and that the plot to target them was hatched a day earlier during an online chat with an accomplice and a third person.

Frankly, the police are spread thin, and under attack from all sides. That shouldn't be ignored because good cops are under attack as well.

If they're "spread thin" why would you want to defund them and make matters worse?
I don’t want to “defund” them, but I think reform is needed.

In the black community yeah...

It might have been excessive, but the question is whether it's legal or not. If the suspect was indeed retrieving a weapon, the officer had the legal right to use deadly force for self-defense. If the only transgression is not following department policy, then he will be disciplined accordingly. Maybe he'll get a few days of suspension.

Thank you ...

I agree that the legality of this action depends entirely on Kenosha city ordinances ... of which I admit I haven't bothered to look up ...

The other question that must be asked is whether the officers acted in any way on the basis on the victim's skin color ... that should be against Wisconsin law, and it certainly is against Federal law ...

In Oregon ... shooting someone in the back is always murder ... it's prima facie evidence of the suspect attempting to flee ... there has to be an articulable threat to the officer's life before they can "defend" themselves ... it's never enough that the suspect MIGHT be grabbing a knife ... the officer must see the knife and see the suspect turn and threaten ... thus my point about shooting Finicum in the chest ...

And this doesn't include Oregon's defunded police forces ... we just don't have the manpower to always respond to whores fist-fighting in the streets ... Oregonians have learned to settled their own disputes peacefully ... and that saves tax dollars ... this State isn't made of money after all ...

I don't see where race plays into this at all. Either he was reaching for a weapon or he wasn't.

His state of mind is definitely in question. As the old saying goes, you never bring a knife to a gunfight. If this guy was so unable to control his anger, that he went to retrieve a knife to use against men with guns, he either wanted to die or didn't care if he did.

I always believed that the three most dangerous people are, those who don't fear God, those who don't fear death, and those who don't fear either.

I think you are wrong about your laws. A police officer can shoot somebody in the back if they have a suspect who presents a danger to the public if allowed to escape.

As a CCW holder in our state of Ohio, I have the legal right to use deadly force against anybody who presents a threat of serious bodily harm or death to me or others. If some machete swinging drugged up maniac is running towards an unarmed woman, I have the legal right to shoot that person in the back. I won't even get a ticket for it.

The far right in Idaho—which seemingly now includes its state Legislature—has a rule: Free speech for me, none for thee. Protesters from the right are welcome with open arms, but protesters from the left get thrown in jail.

That became manifest Monday in Boise when a horde of anti-COVID-19 restriction activists led by antigovernment figure Ammon Bundy broke into the chambers of the Statehouse, shoving their way past state troopers, pounding on doors, shouting and breaking doors and windows along the way, and then invading committee hearing rooms. But not only was no one arrested, state officials decided to accommodate them. It starkly contrasted with the scene a few years ago, when peaceful protesters seeking equal rights for LGBTQ people were arrested en masse for standing silently in the halls of the building.

Does this make sense?

It makes no sense to EQUATE citizens who are unhappy with Covid 19 restricting their activities to the left-wing/right wing political spectrum.
As for assaulting the police and destroying public property, they should be charged. I agree with you on that.

Far Right groups are starting to fight back against the violence which was started by Communist domestic terrorist groups Antifa and BLM. Very soon there will be Right Wing Militia groups who will be able to take it to and defeat Antifa and BLM.

:Boom2: Antifa BLM
More fascist then communist I think. The fascist/nazi's were backed by the UBER RICH while communists were not.

WASHINGTON, DC: George Soros has given Black Lives Matter and the Antifa related revolutionary movement more than $100 million dollars. The Soros run Open Society Foundations is on record with giving Black Lives Matter $33 million dollars this year alone. This is in concert with an array of funding for a variety of Democrat and DNC related left-wing groups across the country.

I don't see where race plays into this at all. Either he was reaching for a weapon or he wasn't.

His state of mind is definitely in question. As the old saying goes, you never bring a knife to a gunfight. If this guy was so unable to control his anger, that he went to retrieve a knife to use against men with guns, he either wanted to die or didn't care if he did.

I always believed that the three most dangerous people are, those who don't fear God, those who don't fear death, and those who don't fear either.

I think you are wrong about your laws. A police officer can shoot somebody in the back if they have a suspect who presents a danger to the public if allowed to escape.

As a CCW holder in our state of Ohio, I have the legal right to use deadly force against anybody who presents a threat of serious bodily harm or death to me or others. If some machete swinging drugged up maniac is running towards an unarmed woman, I have the legal right to shoot that person in the back. I won't even get a ticket for it.

My question is if the guy had his backed turned to the officer ... how would the officer know what he was reaching for ... or not reaching for? ... what individualized act by the suspect caused the officer to open fire? ... did he turn and rush, well no, or he'd have been shot in the chest ... did he turn and brandish, again no, or he would have been shot in the chest ... his back was turn and he was facing into his rig ... where is the eminent threat of death coming from? ...

For the record ... if one fears God, then they don't fear death ... "yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death ..."

"Running towards" is a red herring ... the subject at hand is "walking away" ... in Ohio, "if some machete swinging drugged up maniac is walking away from an unarmed woman ... and you shoot him in the back ... you're going to get a ticket ... maybe not in Florida, but Ohio you will ... CCW or not, you're going down for murder if you shoot a fleeing suspect in the back ... I'll stake my reputation on that ... and frankly I'd be glad to be rid of my reputation, but that's another tale ...

Does this make sense?

Right protestors are protecting the city from gutter trash like you who want to turn it into Portland

My question is if the guy had his backed turned to the officer ... how would the officer know what he was reaching for ... or not reaching for? ... what individualized act by the suspect caused the officer to open fire? ... did he turn and rush, well no, or he'd have been shot in the chest ... did he turn and brandish, again no, or he would have been shot in the chest ... his back was turn and he was facing into his rig ... where is the eminent threat of death coming from? ...

For the record ... if one fears God, then they don't fear death ... "yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death ..."

"Running towards" is a red herring ... the subject at hand is "walking away" ... in Ohio, "if some machete swinging drugged up maniac is walking away from an unarmed woman ... and you shoot him in the back ... you're going to get a ticket ... maybe not in Florida, but Ohio you will ... CCW or not, you're going down for murder if you shoot a fleeing suspect in the back ... I'll stake my reputation on that ... and frankly I'd be glad to be rid of my reputation, but that's another tale ...

Like I said, if you shoot somebody in the back in accordance with the laws, you are not going to get charged or arrested. Your said that ANYTIME you shoot somebody in the back in your state, it's automatic murder. I'm simply saying I don't think that's so. I think there are several exceptions when you can use deadly force from behind to stop somebody that doesn't pose a direct threat to you.

The video posted doesn't show the entire incident. If he had an exposed knife in the car, the officers could see that knife from the passenger window which is where they were standing. They may have only seen a handle, and didn't know if it was a knife or a gun. The only way to find out exactly what happened is a full investigation.

I think (based on the actions of the officer) he didn't really know what he was reaching for, but he knew it was something. That aside, when you don't obey the commands of a police officer, they are going to get defensive about it; suspect that their life may be in jeopardy. Did the officer over react? That's subjective. The officer apparently knew he was reaching for some kind of weapon. It may have been the knife they seen earlier, or he may have been reaching for a firearm they didn't see.

Does this make sense?

You’re mad that your getting exactly what you wanted?

Forum List

Back