Far-Right German Party Official Caught Talking About 'Gassing' Immigrants

Ya...they fired him...but I can’t believe no one was aware his general views.

There has been a rise in far right populist authoritarian movements around the world, and they’ve been busy cleaning themselves up and presenting themselves as mainstream. Goodbye tattoos skinheads, hello Brooks Brothers suits and and ties,

Whether Germany, UK or US. There is always discrimination against immigrants from the right.
At times of financial crisis and recession discrimination is popularised and becomes almost mainstream.
Wall St. crash saw Hitler's minor party catapulted to power. Financial crisis 2007 and a plethora of right wing parties taking power in Europe and US. Blaming foreigners for a countries ills has been the 'rights' favored main tactic for gaining power throughout modern history. Brexit in the UK was primarily based on getting rid of foreigners.

Something though in the German peoples mentality allows them to suspend morality and ethics, in pursuit of practical
objectives.
I remember my parents who had lived in Germany, remarking on how callous Germans could be, in pointing and laughing at people with physical afflictions.

There has been a rise in far right populist authoritarian movements around the world, and they’ve been busy cleaning themselves up and presenting themselves as mainstream. Goodbye tattoos skinheads, hello Brooks Brothers suits and and ties,

Gee, I wonder why the Germans would hate immigrants after the welfare abuses, and all the rapes and murders and other crimes that the "immigrants" commit............

When are right wing nuts going to learn, there is no saying radical crap in private in the modern 21 century?

What's fascinating is how the RWNJ Auto Defense System (RADS) kicked in. Unfortunately it obscures the real issues with ideological exremes, and at THIS POINT in time - the far right is more of a problem than the far left - and it's around the world. It's a toxic combination of nationalism (which almost always involves an ethnic orientation); populism, anti-immigrant fervor, and (take your pick) anti-semitism, racism, and/or anti-Islam rhetoric and violence.

Whether Germany, UK or US. There is always discrimination against immigrants from the right.
At times of financial crisis and recession discrimination is popularised and becomes almost mainstream.
Wall St. crash saw Hitler's minor party catapulted to power. Financial crisis 2007 and a plethora of right wing parties taking power in Europe and US. Blaming foreigners for a countries ills has been the 'rights' favored main tactic for gaining power throughout modern history. Brexit in the UK was primarily based on getting rid of foreigners.

Something though in the German peoples mentality allows them to suspend morality and ethics, in pursuit of practical
objectives.
I remember my parents who had lived in Germany, remarking on how callous Germans could be, in pointing and laughing at people with physical afflictions.

"At times of financial crisis and recession discrimination is popularised and becomes almost mainstream." - very much so...

What we are seeing is in part a reaction to multiple economic downturns, the effects of globalization that have left some groups behind. Political, economic and climate instability that have led to the largest number of displaced people in recorded history (I think - I think it's exceeded WW2 but that could be wrong). At any rate - people don't make the decision to immigrate through extreme risk, into a foreign, possibly hostile culture, lightly. I would throw in climate change as a driver as well.

It was despicable to talk about gassing immigrants.

That party should just say in a respectful manner that it opposes immigration from certain cultures and that it will do what it can to stop immigration and that it will assist immigrants currently living in Germany to leave, perhaps by offering monetary incentives.

I have read that Israel has offered money to certain immigrants to leave and to return to their own countries, but the majority have declined the offer.

If they've built a new life, why would they return to worse situation? Can't blame them...

I don't think the party is really that much different than it's roots....they just dressed it in a suit and cleaned up the language.

I was going to call you on the "far right" thing...but if they fired him then he was on the right.

The left would have patted him on the back & given him a bonus.

I think that the mainstream right needs to wake up to it's own extremes and what is happening right now. I mean hell...we see what leftwing extremism does (Venezuela right now for example) but for some reason those on the right can't acknowledge that their ideology can go to far. The end results of both tend to be similar.

well thankfully the far right in america is nothing like the far right in Europe,,,

their far right is closer to our democrats,,,
lol... No one has vomited more hateful rhetoric than you Lunatic Trumpists.
We the "Trumpists", the populists call us whatever you want we do not want them , if you like them so much welcome them at your home.

Well, that is certainly an old sentiment...but it has usually led to really bad things.

They're super sensitive over in Germany.. I was constantly embarrassed about folks asking if I was Jewish and then dramatically apologizing to me..

I take the WHOLE quote as inconsiderate dark satire.. Not advocating bringing in more immigrants to "shoot them or gas them".. It was a poor attempt to say the issue was GREAT for his party...

I'm certain worst "honesty" happens in bars around DC nightly...

Yes they are, and it led to a deep cultural shift in Germany. What I think is happening...just a guess...is that the memories of WW2 are receding as those who lived it are dying out. I think you are seeing in SOME of the younger generation rejecting some of that. But really it's not just Germany - we are seeing this, in conjunction with a loss of democratic freedoms in Eastern European countries as well.

Gee, I wonder why the Germans would hate immigrants after the welfare abuses, and all the rapes and murders and other crimes that the "immigrants" commit............
It is certainly understandable that people would object to the importation of all these millions of people from a primitive culture who seek to supplant then, but the party did the right thing by kicking him out.

They're super sensitive over in Germany.. I was constantly embarrassed about folks asking if I was Jewish and then dramatically apologizing to me..

I take the WHOLE quote as inconsiderate dark satire.. Not advocating bringing in more immigrants to "shoot them or gas them".. It was a poor attempt to say the issue was GREAT for his party...

Yes they are, and it led to a deep cultural shift in Germany. What I think is happening...just a guess...is that the memories of WW2 are receding as those who lived it are dying out. I think you are seeing in SOME of the younger generation rejecting some of that. But really it's not just Germany - we are seeing this, in conjunction with a loss of democratic freedoms in Eastern European countries as well.

It's NOT primarily hate.. It's preservation of culture/politics. It's the right of every nation to take that into account.. Especially for REFUGEES who are NOT totally sold on living in Germany.. Just GOING there to survive..

It's a problem that SHOULD have been solved with adequate worldwide funding and help for setting up refugees in North Africa and around Syria.. If ya ASK most of those people on the rafts and boats where THEY want to live -- I'll wager MOST of them would say their "home country"..

So it's NOT immigration in the classic sense. And there ARE dangers that they will react badly to the radical change of culture, language, politics.. Or thru the stupidity of EU leaders they will ISOLATE them rather than assimilate them on purpose.. Which is LARGELY a bad thing that HAS happened.. Not handled well at all by the EU..

Immigrants are killing our countries.. I think the worst penalty should be delivered to them

It is certainly understandable that people would object to the importation of all these millions of people from a primitive culture who seek to supplant then, but the party did the right thing by kicking him out.
I dunno about that-------I think trying to be civil and not asking for more than what is needed is killing off western countries at this point. Given that the immigrants talk of violence, rape, and killing for allah---joking about gassing them really shouldn't get anyone kicked out. The immigrants are the only ones that should be kicked out.

I dunno about that-------I think trying to be civil and not asking for more than what is needed is killing off western countries at this point. Given that the immigrants talk of violence, rape, and killing for allah---joking about gassing them really shouldn't get anyone kicked out. The immigrants are the only ones that should be kicked out.

Like I said above, the wild card is -- they are NOT LARGELY immigrants.. Most are Refugees trying to stay alive.. Maybe don't INTEND to become citizens and would PREFER to "go home" but they CAN NOT.. So "shooting and gassing them" might be dark satire -- but the joke's on the EU who bungled this whole deal by CALLING them immigrants..

The world should have cooperated to solve a "REFUGEE" issue.. Not some bleeding heart EU trying to FORCE them into countries like some commodity item they are rationing out..

Like I said above, the wild card is -- they are NOT LARGELY immigrants.. Most are Refugees trying to stay alive.. Maybe don't INTEND to become citizens and would PREFER to "go home" but they CAN NOT.. So "shooting and gassing them" might be dark satire -- but the joke's on the EU who bungled this whole deal by CALLING them immigrants..

The world should have cooperated to solve a "REFUGEE" issue.. Not some bleeding heart EU trying to FORCE them into countries like some commodity item they are rationing out..

It's a mixed bag driving this.

For one - yes, we have a lot of refugees.

Add to that:

Many nations have often been intolerant of immigrants - if it's a small number, it's magnified to a horde. If it is a large number - it's termed an "invasion". Immigrants and refugees in this argument are interchangeable really. People don't or won't see differences. Immigrants are accepted when their ethnic group has been here a couple of generations and a new ethnic immigrant group appears on the horizon. Some countries are better than others at assimilating, accepting, acculturating and - learning from the cultures others bring with them.

But immigrants have always been demonized and when times are hard and you need a scapegoat - who are the traditional scapegoats? Jews and immigrants. And in the west - add Muslims. Immigrants/refugees have always been scapegoated.

You can't simply send them all back to war torn/climate torn/politically unstable countries...not that easily. In some cases that would be analogous to a war crime. Even in areas where assimilation is largely successful - you have rising anti-immigrant nationalist parties. In the EU - it's been particularly badly handled, with the brunt of it on the countries at the borders where immigrants cross into and parts of the rest of the EU adamently refusing to take any (which is wrong in my opinion, if you are supposed to be a union). Greece, Spain and Italy are particularly hard hit. But, it's also not so different than the Syrian refugee crisis where Jordan has had to absorb a disproportionate number of refugees while other countries (like Saudi Arabia)...takes none (I think).

It IS a situation where the world body needs to come together to address but...like all else right now it is fractured.

It's NOT primarily hate.. It's preservation of culture/politics. It's the right of every nation to take that into account.. Especially for REFUGEES who are NOT totally sold on living in Germany.. Just GOING there to survive..

It's a problem that SHOULD have been solved with adequate worldwide funding and help for setting up refugees in North Africa and around Syria.. If ya ASK most of those people on the rafts and boats where THEY want to live -- I'll wager MOST of them would say their "home country"..

So it's NOT immigration in the classic sense. And there ARE dangers that they will react badly to the radical change of culture, language, politics.. Or thru the stupidity of EU leaders they will ISOLATE them rather than assimilate them on purpose.. Which is LARGELY a bad thing that HAS happened.. Not handled well at all by the EU..

I did want to say something on this....

It's NOT primarily hate.. It's preservation of culture/politics.

I think the line between the two is very very fuzzy. A lot of hate and resulting violence, is generated under the rationale of "preserving culture/politics" - when exactly does it cross the line?

Many nations have often been intolerant of immigrants - if it's a small number, it's magnified to a horde. If it is a large number - it's termed an "invasion". Immigrants and refugees in this argument are interchangeable really. People don't or won't see differences. Immigrants are accepted when their ethnic group has been here a couple of generations and a new ethnic immigrant group appears on the horizon. Some countries are better than others at assimilating, accepting, acculturating and - learning from the cultures others bring with them.

Under EU control, these folks don't even GET TO CHOOSE where they want to reside.. They are ASSIGNED and basically force fit into society "warehousing".. So there ARE big diffs here between refugees and APPLICANT immigres seeking asylum..

But you're right about the stategic LONG RANGE effect for immigrants -- not necessarily refugees. America has a bass-ackwards view of Mexican/Lat-Amer immigrants. BOTH parties AND the media see them as "essential underworkers".. Think they're gonna be cleaning beds at nursing homes and doing the work Americans wont do for GENERATIONS...,

But by the 2nd generation, their KIDS jobs in the middle/upper class and becoming Federal judges and scholars. So the EFFECT does not MATCH the expectation. And you have to CALCULATE THAT INTO the immigration policy..

None of that is an expectation for TEMPORARY refugees who have no AMBITION to leave their culture and assimilate. I've seen a few Palestinians whose sons/daughters DID assimilate. But when I talk with them -- THEY are "all going back" eventually.. Or most of them are..

well thankfully the far right in america is nothing like the far right in Europe,,,

their far right is closer to our democrats,,,
Just when you would think that Hitler would not be reincarnated.
On a separate note, The Nazi party was the...."National SOCIALIST German Worker's Party). It was a SOCIALIST party, as was the Fascist party. Both were large, one-party, overreaching governments that believed in state ownership of businesses and the populace working for that government.
One need only go to "Fact-Check" to be reminded of this.
Leftist scholars of the day, seeing the horrid details of the Nazi and Fascist parties sought to distance themselves from those Socialist debacles, and submitted to their peers, a redefinition of the Nazi and Fascist parties as "far right-wing," for entry into the dictionaries. Their fellow left-leaning scholars agreed and thus the dictionaries identified them as "far right-wing," and thus, the false identity of these two far-left Socialist governments, were created.

Forum List

Back