Far Right and Left Have Something In Common

What's old is new again:

http://www.zombietime.com/berkeley_racist_literature/

Just keep scrolling...

Okay this isn't a serious aside but I have to say that because someone will come down on me like a sack of spuds:

They have something in common alright. Illiteracy.

What is a Zionist Coup de'tah? Sounds like it's the next Cadillac for wealthy street pushers. "New just in, General Motors have announced the replacement for the Escalade. The breathtaking lines of the new Cadillac Coup de'tah should be on the streets of the inner city before summer next year. Pre-orders are being taken right now and Detroit is getting excited by what looks like the model to save the auto industry in the Motor City".

Gimme a brake. :D

Speaking of UC-Berkeley but Palestenian lovers, not haters :

Carter finds welcome at UC Berkeley
By Ryan Huff
CONTRA COSTA TIMES

Article Launched: 05/03/2007 03:04:05 AM PDT

To bring about peace in the Middle East, the United States needs to play a more prominent leadership role, and Israel must allow Palestinians to regain control of the West Bank, former President Carter told a packed audience at UC Berkeley on Wednesday afternoon.

"The bottom line is this: Israel will never find peace until it is willing to withdraw from its neighbor's land," he said. "And the hostility toward Americans throughout the Islamic world is directly related to the continued bloodshed between Israel and Palestine and the (United States') lack of effort to bring peace to that region."

Carter spoke to nearly 2,000 people -- mostly UC Berkeley students -- gathered at Zellerbach Hall to promote his new book, "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_5807954

Still a bastion of hate/free speech.

The JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs did it, at least Carter went home. But on a more serious note, there are points of convergence of the political extremes - the word "protectionism" comes to mind. And paranoia:

Overall, 22% of all voters believe the President knew about the attacks in advance. A slightly larger number, 29%, believe the CIA knew about the attacks in advance. White Americans are less likely than others to believe that either the President or the CIA knew about the attacks in advance. Americans are more likely than their elders to believe the President or the CIA knew about the attacks in advance.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...lieve_bush_knew_about_9_11_attacks_in_advance

Democrats are much more likely to think this than Republicans, but I don't think it's just another manifestation of BDS. Clinton had just left office less than eight months prior, he would have had to know this also.

The 9-11 Loose Change crowd is mostly on the left, there's this distrust of all authority common that transcends the political spectrum, but most of these same people swear that FDR "knew" or planned Pearl Harbor, and he's a liberal icon.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_5807954

Still a bastion of hate/free speech.

The JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs did it, at least Carter went home. But on a more serious note, there are points of convergence of the political extremes - the word "protectionism" comes to mind. And paranoia:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...lieve_bush_knew_about_9_11_attacks_in_advance

Democrats are much more likely to think this than Republicans, but I don't think it's just another manifestation of BDS. Clinton had just left office less than eight months prior, he would have had to know this also.

The 9-11 Loose Change crowd is mostly on the left, there's this distrust of all authority common that transcends the political spectrum, but most of these same people swear that FDR "knew" or planned Pearl Harbor, and he's a liberal icon.

Both you and Diuretic garner my respect, you can both read and make the correct inferences. There is divergence between the extremes and it's not a pretty place.

Was that a criticism of UC Berkeley? The article that Kathianne posted made it clear that the wackos in the photos were not associated with the University. I have never seen anything like what is depicted in the photos at the University. As far as I could tell most of the photos were from demonstrations in San Francisco. The campus is wide open to the surrounding community. There are 34,000 students at the University and many are strong supporters of Israel. The school has a reputation of extremism that is a relic of the 60s. Is that where your “Speaking of UC Berkeley” remark came from? UC Berkeley is one of the finest universities in the world and many believe it is the finest public university anywhere. It is trusted by America with some of the most important research sponsored by private organizations and the government. For example, America’s two nuclear weapons labs, Livermore and Los Alamos, are managed by UC Berkeley.

Was that a criticism of UC Berkeley?
A criticism of political extremism then a criticism of Berkely, CA then a criticism of UC-Berkeley. And of course, criticism of Jimmuh, but's that's obligatory.

Juggling alot of balls, huh?

The article that Kathianne posted made it clear that the wackos in the photos were not associated with the University.

But you would concede wacko sightings in the Berkeley, CA - both on and off-campus - are theoretically possible?

I have never seen anything like what is depicted in the photos at the University. As far as I could tell most of the photos were from demonstrations in San Francisco. The campus is wide open to the surrounding community.

???

Are you Berkeley student/alumni/faculty? You seem very protective of UC-Berkeley.

There are 34,000 students at the University and many are strong supporters of Israel.

I never said Jimmuh was affiliated with the place, just that he was a guest speaker on the campus.

The school has a reputation of extremism that is a relic of the 60s.

Predates the sixties.

Is that where your “Speaking of UC Berkeley” remark came from? UC Berkeley is one of the finest universities in the world and many believe it is the finest public university anywhere.

There again, this defensive tone. Yes, I know VERY well that what you say can be true, big campus, depends. Jimmuh's political views dominate both the campus and the town, too bad they suck.

The town is ever more radical - UC got to cut down those trees despite the wishes of the town residents, more might from the right.

It is trusted by America with some of the most important research sponsored by private organizations and the government. For example, America’s two nuclear weapons labs, Livermore and Los Alamos, are managed by UC Berkeley.

Yes. Then there's CalTech and other UC colleges and Stanford.

Are you Berkeley student/alumni/faculty? You seem very protective of UC-Berkeley.
I will leave it at the fact that I work for the University. I have also had experience at UCLA and UC Santa Barbara. Of all universities, the current world ranking of UC Berkeley is forth, behind Harvard, Cambridge, and Stanford; CIT is sixth. http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/2006/ARWU2006_Top100.htm The ratings are compiled by Jiao Tong University in Shanghai. This survey is often cited because Jiao Tong has less reason for bias compared to an American or British survey. The methodology that Jaio Tong uses for the survey is comprehensive. You can find other sources for university rankings, but UC Berkeley always appears in the top ten. Of public universities UC Berkeley is often rated number one, the University of Michigan is probably second.

What is a Zionist Coup de'tah? Sounds like it's the next Cadillac for wealthy street pushers. "New just in, General Motors have announced the replacement for the Escalade. The breathtaking lines of the new Cadillac Coup de'tah should be on the streets of the inner city before summer next year. Pre-orders are being taken right now and Detroit is getting excited by what looks like the model to save the auto industry in the Motor City".

Gimme a brake. :D

:clap2: laffs... what kind of milage will that dawwg get?

What's old is new again:

http://www.zombietime.com/berkeley_racist_literature/

Just keep scrolling...

And yet, the left and the right aren't coming from the same place when it comes to Israel.

The left sees Israel as a "white", Western nation that oppresses a brown group, the Palestinians. They want violence/oppression against Palestinians stopped.

The right sees Israel as a Jewish nation that dupes the U.S. into supporting it, so that white soliders and tax dollars are put into its service, with no return on the investment because Jews will continue to hate white gentiles no matter what they do for them.

Maybe what's disturbing is that both of these points of view have some legitimacy, and that worries the neocon crowd.

And yet, the left and the right aren't coming from the same place when it comes to Israel.

The left sees Israel as a "white", Western nation that oppresses a brown group, the Palestinians. They want violence/oppression against Palestinians stopped.

The right sees Israel as a Jewish nation that dupes the U.S. into supporting it, so that white soliders and tax dollars are put into its service, with no return on the investment because Jews will continue to hate white gentiles no matter what they do for them.

Maybe what's disturbing is that both of these points of view have some legitimacy, and that worries the neocon crowd.

I disagree, the 'far right' does not view Israel as the 'right,' rather much the same as the 'far left.'

I disagree, the 'far right' does not view Israel as the 'right,' rather much the same as the 'far left.'

We'll have to disagree about this. No true rightist or conservative thinks Israel is a more important nation than America, or that our foreign policy should revolve around the needs of Israel. There is indeed a group of former Trotskyite Jews who wield tremendous power in the government and media, commonly known as "neocons," who have gotten the attention of some Republicans, like Bush, Cheney, etc. There are also some Christian fundamentalists who support Israel for Biblical reasons. But none of these individuals are "conservatives" in the Kirkian, Burkean sense. They are impostors who feed on what they know is traditional white America's willingness to be militarily active and loyal no matter the cause, and they seek only Israel's advancement, and goddamn America. If America fell tomorrow, these lousy kikes and their hangers-on would shrug shoulders and be on to the next project. They'd wipe their asses with our flag and and reflect on how easy it was to get us to fight their wars for them. I say they all ought to hang.

Forum List

Back