Famous Last Words ........ ( atheists on their death bed )

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This thread is about eternity. These are the famous last words of atheists as they were dying and about to enter hell. Quite horrific but hopefully it will make some people realize that even these men knew the the truth and confessed it in their final moments on earth. As someone once said, "Hell is truth seen too late.

Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying - Religion - Nairaland

Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."

Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me! …No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."

Voltaire famous anti-christian atheist: "I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months' life." (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) "Then I shall die and go to hell!" (His nurse said: "For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness."

Robert Ingersoll: "O God, if there be a God, save my soul, if I have a soul!" (Some say it was this way: "Oh God, if there be a God, save my soul if I have a soul, from hell, if there be a hell!"

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".

More final last words from atheists.

Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying - Religion - Nairaland

Napoleon Bonaparte, the French emperor, and who, like Adolf Hitler, brought death to millions to satisfy his greedy, power-mad, selfish ambitions for world conquest: "I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ!”

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell! …Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GHhtTqtTTo

Charles IX was the French king who urged on by his mother, gave the order for the massacre of the French Huguenots, in which 15,000 souls were slaughtered in Paris alone and 100,000 in other sections of France, for no other reason than that they loved Christ. The guilty king suffered miserably for years after that event. He finally died, bathed in blood bursting from his veins. To his physicians he said in his last hours: "Asleep or awake, I see the mangled forms of the Huguenots passing before me. They drop with blood. They point at their open wounds. Oh! That I had spared at least the little infants at the bosom! What blood! I know not where I am. How will all this end? What shall I do? I am lost forever! I know it. Oh, I have done wrong."

David Strauss, leading representative of German rationalism, after spending a lifetime erasing belief in God from the minds of others: "My philosophy leaves me utterly forlorn! I feel like one caught in the merciless jaws of an automatic machine, not knowing at what time one of its great hammers may crush me!"

In a Newsweek interview with Svetlana Stalin, the daughter of Josef Stalin, she told of her father's death: "My father died a difficult and terrible death. . God grants an easy death only to the just. . At what seemed the very last moment he suddenly opened his eyes and cast a glance over everyone in the room. It was a terrible glance, insane or perhaps angry. . His left hand was raised, as though he were pointing to something above and bringing down a curse on us all. The gesture was full of menace. . The next moment he was dead."

Anton LeVey author of the Satanic Bible and high priest of the religion dedicated to the worship of Satan. Some of his famous quotes are “There is a beast in man that needs to be exercised, not exorcised”. His dying words were "Oh my, oh my, what have I done, there is something very wrong…there is something very wrong….”

Most people believe they have all the time in the world, never knowing, that they are not promised to take another breadth.

Those who die quickly are blessed, they have no time to regret the life that they have lived.

Although Anton Lavey died and went to hell right before his friends' eyes, the witnessing of Laveys' torment and agonizing words right before his death led to the conversion of the person. They became a born again Christian although the Church of Satan has vehemently denied the testimony. I read that Lavey died penniless in a Catholic hospital. His own "church" did not assist him in his medical expenses was the report I had read about his sickness and final days upon the earth.

In yet another interview same story about the final moment of Stalin's death told by his daughters best friend recounting her story.............

My Friend Stalin s Daughter - The New Yorker

In March, 1953, Stalin had a stroke. Svetlana wrote, “The death agony was horrible. He literally choked to death as we watched. At what seemed the very last moment, he suddenly opened his eyes and cast a glance over everyone in the room. It was a terrible glance, insane or perhaps angry, and full of the fear of death.”

His suffering, she wrote, came because “God grants an easy death only to the just.”

I believe it is in the book by Richard Wurmbrand, that there is a story about Stalin having a portrait or painting of Lucifer hanging on his bedroom wall. What regrets he must be having now in suffering such torments in hell! Oh! How awful! How many millions did Stalin murder? 25 million? Just imagine the torments he is suffering now. Then consider that Jesus Christ offers you a pardon for your sins, no matter how terrible. How foolish it would be to not accept the pardon of Jesus Christ and repent while there was still time to do so.

Socrates last words : Crito, we owe a rooster to Asceplius. Please don't forget to pay the debt.

What Socrates learned about payment of a rooster and life after death, is that hell is truth seen too late.

So far as I can discern from Scripture the rooster signifies one who has denied Christ. Too late for Socrates now. Not too late for those alive today! Whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved. Read Romans 10:9,10 today. Today is the day of salvation! Today, beloved!

Last edited:
Jayne was a satanist and part of Lavey's church. She died in a car accident and was killed instantly. Her death was so sudden she had no time to repent. You know, I was reading the account of Mary K. Baxter in her book, "Divine Revelations of Hell", she had been given visions of Hell by Jesus Christ and she spoke of a woman she saw in hell who had died suddenly in an accident in a car and when I read the account it occurred to me she had seen Jayne Mansfield in hell - in great torment I should add. To this very day I believe it was Jayne Mansfield .. It is so sad to think that she had the opportunity to come to Christ but would not. So very sad!

I am still alive!
Stabbed to death by his own guards - (as reported by Roman historian Tacitus)~~ Gaius Caligula, Roman Emperor, d.41 AD

This is yet another example of the saying, Hell is truth seen too late. You see, Caligula, was a very evil man. He didn't realize that even after death he would be just as alive - only in hell. It reminds me of Lavey's final words, Oh my, oh my, what have I done? Something is very wrong. Something is very wrong.

Speaking of Caligula....... For the very matter that these were his last words we can note that some people will be utterly speechless to learn there is no reincarnation, no other lives to be lived, there is no sudden end of life where life no longer continues - we live only once and then the judgment- all must spend their eternity in one of two places - heaven or hell. Which shall it be?

Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior? Have you settled the matter of your eternity, beloved? Will you believe on the LORD Jesus Christ, repent of your sins and call on His name to save you? Read Romans 10:9,10 in the bible today and ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and receive you as his own. He will forgive you of your sins if you will only be willing to repent of your sins and live for Him for the rest of your life here on earth. Call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved!

It is written:

Romans 10 9 If you declare with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved.
Context
The Word Brings Salvation
8But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART "-- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.…

more famous last words from atheists and those dying without Christ......

http://www.present-truth.org/9-Beyond/How-Infidels-Die.pdf

Aldamont, the infidel: "My principles have poisoned my friend; my extravagance
has beggared my boy; my unkindness has murdered my wife. And is there another hell
yet ahead?"

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Abraham Lincoln: "Useless! Useless! The
terrors before me!"

Thomas Carlyle: "I am as good as without hope; a sad old man gazing into the
final chasm."

David Strauss, leading representative of German rationalism, after
spending a lifetime erasing belief in God from the minds of others: "My philosophy
leaves me utterly forlorn! I feel like one caught in the merciless jaws of an automatic
machine, not knowing at what time one of its great hammers may crush me!"

Tallyrand was one of the most cunning French political leaders of the Napoleonic
era. On a paper found at his death were these words: "Behold eighty-three passed
away! What cares! What agitation! What anxieties! What ill-will! What sad complications!
And all without other results except great fatigue of mind and body, a profound
sentiment of discouragement with regard to the future, and disgust with regard to the
past!"

Some 15 years before his death, Mohandas K. Gandhi wrote: "I must tell you in
all humility that Hinduism, as I know it, entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being,
and I find a solace in the Bhagavad and Upanishads."
Just before his death, Gandhi wrote: "My days are numbered. I am not likely to
live very long-perhaps a year or a little more. For the first time in fifty years I find myself
in the slough of despond. All about me is darkness; I am praying for light."

"What did you do to our daughter?" asked a Moslem woman, whose child had
died at 16 years of age. "We did nothing," answered the missionary. "Oh, yes, you did,"
persisted the mother. "She died smiling. Our people do not die like that. " The girl had
found Christ and believed on Him a few months before. Fear of death had gone. Hope
and joy had taken its place.

There are many more testimonies on the link... please read it all and consider the truth. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through Jesus Christ. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved today, Beloved. God loves you. Come to Jesus Christ and receive the everlasting life He offers you. The LORD will forgive your sins. The LORD is gracious and merciful and loving. Jesus did not come to condemn the world but that through Him the world might be saved. Jesus went to the Cross for you!

Last edited:
A proper response to an atheist - read the following story here:

http://www.present-truth.org/9-Beyond/How-Infidels-Die.pdf

The preacher was on the street corner telling the passing crowds about Jesus
Christ. A crowd had gathered and was listening intently. Then a hoarse voice spoke up
from the back.
"Preacher, you've got it all wrong. Atheism is the answer to humanity's problems.
People get into trouble and go crazy when they hear about Christianity. Religion is bad
for minds and ruins lives. Come on now, prove to me that Christianity is real, and I'll be
quiet."
Everyone was interested to see what would happen next. The preacher held up
his hand for quiet, and then said this:

"Never did I hear anyone state, "I was undone and an outcast, but I read Thomas
Paine's 'Age of Reason' and now I have been saved from the power of sin." Never did I
hear of one who declared, 'I was in darkness and despair and knew not where to turn,
until I read Ingersoll's Lectures, and then found peace of heart and solutions to my
problems.'

"Never did I hear an atheist telling that his atheism had been the means by which
he had been set free from the bondage of liquor. Never did I learn of anyone who
conquered hard drugs by renouncing faith in God.

"But I have heard many testify that, when as hopeless and helpless sinners, they
had turned in their great need to the Son of God and cast themselves upon Him for
forgiveness and enabling power to overcome sin—they were given peace of heart and
victory over enslaving sin!"

Then, turning to the atheist, he said:

"Who starts the orphanages, the city missions, and the work among the poor? It
is the Christians. Who owns and operates the taverns, and manufactures the liquor sold
in them? It is the atheists. Who risk their lives to help poor people in mission fields all
over the world? It is the Christians. Who runs the abortion mills and the houses of
prostitution? It is the atheists. Who are the most solid, kindly, industrious people in the
nation? It is the Christians. Who operates the gambling halls and the crime syndicates?
It is the atheists.
"Who are the swindlers, bank robbers, and embezzlers? It is the atheists. Who
helps men put away their sins, live to bless others, and prepares men for death and
eternity? It is the Christians.
“Yes, professed Christians sometimes do bad things. But it is infrequent enough
to be newsworthy. If an atheist does a criminal act, it is to be expected. But if a church
leader does it, it will make the headlines, because it is such a rare event.
"What leads men to throwaway the bottle and stop beating their wives? It is
Christianity, not atheism. What saves the wayward girls, the teenage boys, and the rest
of us out of lives of sin? It is Christianity, not atheism.
"Christianity offers eternal happiness that begins now. Atheism can only offer
doubt, skepticism, a miserable end, and eternal death."
Then the crowd turned to the atheist to give an answer, but he was gone. He
had crept away without answering a word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draw near to the LORD and listen to this:

Now, the LORD descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. And the LORD passed before him, and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin."
-Exodus 34: 5 7 NKJV

What are you waiting for, Beloved? God is dealing with your heart right now. Believe with your heart. Receive the LORD into your heart. You are saved by Faith. Have faith in the Word of the Living God and call upon the name of Jesus Christ today. The LORD loves you and is ready to hear your prayer to Him right now. He's ready to deliver you and set you free. He is ready to call you His own and adopt you into His family, the family of Almighty God! Today is the day of salvation. TODAY.

Listen to this, beloved. It is written:

Isaiah 44 8 Do not tremble do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me No there is no other Rock I know not one.

Context
Only One is God

…7'Who is like Me? Let him proclaim and declare it; Yes, let him recount it to Me in order, From the time that I established the ancient nation. And let them declare to them the things that are coming And the events that are going to take place. 8Do not tremble and do not be afraid; Have I not long since announced it to you and declared it? And you are My witnesses. Is there any God besides Me, Or is there any other Rock? I know of none.'"
Cross References
Deuteronomy 4:35
You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.
Deuteronomy 4:39
Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.
1 Samuel 2:2
"There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.Psalm 86:10
For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.
Isaiah 17:10
You have forgotten God your Savior; you have not remembered the Rock, your fortress. Therefore, though you set out the finest plants and plant imported vines,
Isaiah 26:4
Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.

Jesus Christ is God. Jesus is the Rock! His Name is a Great and Mighty Fortress! He is able to protect you. Come to the LORD and fear not. I once heard that "fear not" is written 365 times in the bible. That makes sense to me. One for each and every day of the year. Is God able to keep you? You better believe He is! God is well able to protect His own children! Do not ever doubt it, Beloved! Do not ever doubt God's ability. God can do the impossible. What man cannot do? God can do. Amen? Amen! Jesus loves you so very much! Believe it. It is the truth.

Last edited:
It is written:

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ ( for by grace ye are saved ) And hath raised us up together and made us to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- Ephesians 2:4-10

"Jesus and Mary told me to kill him because he is Satan's spawn!"
Police SC woman accused of stabbing husband said she was sent to save the world myfox8.com

He later told police he was sitting at his computer when the "archangel" told him to "kill the witch," according to court documents. Mr. Staver told police the direction was not verbal, but that "if the archangel wants me to do something, I just do it."

After receiving the directive, he "got dressed like a soldier, took a sword and said 'This thing has got to go,' " court documents said. Mr. Staver told police he was employed by "the Angelic Army under the direction of the archangel Michael." He later told police the weapon was not a sword, but a large knife.
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/r...tab-grandmother-to-death/stories/201302190292

Yeah, ok.

New Topics

Forum List

Back