Famed Memphis Theater Cancels Showing Of 'Gone With The Wind' After Democrats Claim It's Racist

Ohmygodomygodohmygod.... I was so waiting for that movie from 1939 to come out!!!!

Because there's no way we could have ever seen it before!!!

And apparently all DVD's adn VCR's of this film have vanished and there's no way to see it on a Streaming Service!!!!

Oh lord, I own this on DVD !!

The thing is, that it is a very well made movie. Especially for the time it was made in. So was "Birth of a Nation".

the problem is, of course, is that the film and book has some racist attitudes in it. So much so that when Mitchell's estate authorized a sequel, they had to take the setting out of the South because they needed to avoid the whole racism thing.

Oh lord, I own this on DVD !!

The thing is, that it is a very well made movie. Especially for the time it was made in. So was "Birth of a Nation".

the problem is, of course, is that the film and book has some racist attitudes in it. So much so that when Mitchell's estate authorized a sequel, they had to take the setting out of the South because they needed to avoid the whole racism thing.
The impact that movie had has never been repeated. As a child my Nana and Taid told me stories of how they got to see the film. They had to sneak into the theatre and stand at the back as even the aisles were full of people sitting on the floor.

When it was re-released in the 80s I had to see it, took my Grandparents as a treat, but was a bit underwhelmed if I am honest.

Its a tricky one this. A film about the Civil War will obviously reflect the attitudes of the era. But a film made in the late 30s should really have some balance to that. Unless Ashley mouthed some platitudes I dont recall much discussion about slavery and I seem to recall that there is a Klan raid where Butler gets hurt.

I think its that unquestioning stance that folk object to, the protagonists lived gilded lives carried on the backs of the "loyal darkies" like the girl who won the Oscar.

Might dig it out and watch it tonight just to piss off those commie bastards.

Goddamn loons bawling over a book and play?

Grow the hell up, if it offends you don't read it or go watch it. How do these idiots survive in the real world?

Ohmygodomygodohmygod.... I was so waiting for that movie from 1939 to come out!!!!

Because there's no way we could have ever seen it before!!!

And apparently all DVD's adn VCR's of this film have vanished and there's no way to see it on a Streaming Service!!!!

That's not the point dumbass.

The left has been trying to get rid of Gone With The Wind for years. Same with Mark Twain.

This is why Progressive government always leads to mass murder, they will not allow dissent and insist on conformity and uniformity

Goddamn loons bawling over a book and play?

Grow the hell up, if it offends you don't read it or go watch it. How do these idiots survive in the real world?
Cos right wing loons never whine about Hollywood ?

You're so uninformed on the topic you don't realize the left have been after Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn for years..that and you made the incredibly stupid statement there is no far left in the US.

The impact that movie had has never been repeated. As a child my Nana and Taid told me stories of how they got to see the film. They had to sneak into the theatre and stand at the back as even the aisles were full of people sitting on the floor.

When it was re-released in the 80s I had to see it, took my Grandparents as a treat, but was a bit underwhelmed if I am honest.

Its a tricky one this. A film about the Civil War will obviously reflect the attitudes of the era. But a film made in the late 30s should really have some balance to that. Unless Ashley mouthed some platitudes I dont recall much discussion about slavery and I seem to recall that there is a Klan raid where Butler gets hurt.

I think its that unquestioning stance that folk object to, the protagonists lived gilded lives carried on the backs of the "loyal darkies" like the girl who won the Oscar.

I think the problem was that it showed the south as a noble society, and how the poor plantation owners suffered when no one was compelled to wipe their asses for them anymore. Boo-fucking hoo.

My solution would be simple. Make it a double bill for balance. Before they get to see Gone with the Wind, they have to sit through a showing of Mandingo. Which was probably more historically accurate.

wsi-imageoptim-web-front-mandingo_lrg-1.jpg

For me, there cant be enough of this stoopid shit happening........all it does is embolden the silent majority who reject PC gheyness. The more the merrier.............go........go,.........

I think the problem was that it showed the south as a noble society, and how the poor plantation owners suffered when no one was compelled to wipe their asses for them anymore. Boo-fucking hoo.

My solution would be simple. Make it a double bill for balance. Before they get to see Gone with the Wind, they have to sit through a showing of Mandingo. Which was probably more historically accurate.

wsi-imageoptim-web-front-mandingo_lrg-1.jpg

150 years ago s0n...........most Americans don't care. Only those sensitive to micro-aggressions care.

Some discussions occurring in New York City that have gone off the silly-scale except for the Snowflakes.........area's landmarks that might have to be changed/removed..............

The Meatpacking District. It’s clearly a homophobic slur that has to go.

Queens, another gay slur.

Dyker Heights, an attack on lesbians.

Upper and Lower East Side. We cannot imply there are different classes. We’re all equal. There cannot be an Upper and Lower East Side. They’re equal.

Flushing is unfair to people in other nations that do not have indoor plumbing. So, Flushing will have to go.

Fordham, that’s offensive to Muslims. It has the word ham in it.

Brownsville, obvious racist name

Chinatown, racist against Asians. That has to go.

Little Italy, are you kidding? Little Italy? That’s offensive not only to Italians who are liberal, but short people also. That has to go. No more Little Italy.

NoHo and SoHo, they are clearly offensive to poor women who have to resort to prostitution. Are you saying “NoHo”? You’re putting them down.

What about Stuyvesant Town, in Manhattan? Has to go. Racist Peter Stuyvesant stole Manhattan from the Indians.

Chelsea? Has to go. Chelsea neighborhood. It’s an obvious reference to Chelsea Manning, the American war hero.

Washington Heights, Jackson Heights, slave owners. Gone.

Jamaica Heights, offensive to Caribbean Americans. Gone.

Richmond Hill. Richmond was the capital of the Confederacy. Richmond Hill has to go.

Fort Hamilton, a military reference, and the military are all fascists, as you know, mainly white men, especially at that time. Fort Hamilton, gone.

Ozone Park. Now, how are you going to leave Ozone Park up as a neighborhood name in New York when it’s offensive to environmentalists. Those in the green business find ozone offensive.

College Point. How can you keep a neighborhood name like College Point when you know and I know some people can’t afford college.

Whitestone Bridge. Obvious slight at the African-America community. Needs to be changed to Stone Bridge

Read more at » MICHAEL SAVAGE NEWSLETTER: Here are more ‘offensive’ names that need to go

Forum List

Back