Famed Chinese Dissident: U.S. ‘Already In Authoritarian State,’ ‘Dangerous’ Wokeism Like Mao Revolution

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
No brag, just fact, I have been referring to this as Maoism for some time now. And this Chines dissident agrees.

Chinese dissident Ai Weiwei, a famed artist and activist, warned Americans during an interview that aired late last week that they are already under the control of an authoritarian state, they just don’t realize it yet.

Weiwei said that the situation in China has become “more extreme, in terms of censorship, in terms of their tolerance to dissidents.” He later added that he was not hopeful for China’s future given the direction that China is going.

Later, when asked about authoritarianism in the U.S., Weiwei said “certainly, in the United States, with today’s condition, you can easily have an authoritarian.”
“In many ways, you’re already in the authoritarian state,” he said. “You just don’t know it.”

When asked how so, he responded, “Many things happening today in U.S. can be compared to Cultural Revolution in China.”

No brag, just fact, I have been referring to this as Maoism for some time now. And this Chines dissident agrees.

Chinese dissident Ai Weiwei, a famed artist and activist, warned Americans during an interview that aired late last week that they are already under the control of an authoritarian state, they just don’t realize it yet.

Weiwei said that the situation in China has become “more extreme, in terms of censorship, in terms of their tolerance to dissidents.” He later added that he was not hopeful for China’s future given the direction that China is going.

Later, when asked about authoritarianism in the U.S., Weiwei said “certainly, in the United States, with today’s condition, you can easily have an authoritarian.”
“In many ways, you’re already in the authoritarian state,” he said. “You just don’t know it.”

When asked how so, he responded, “Many things happening today in U.S. can be compared to Cultural Revolution in China.”

That rings a bell

But we can expect the usual suspects on the left to deny it

I know.

Trump and his cult wanted to be just like China.

March 3 2018
U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely.

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida.
“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

Trump praises a communist dictator.
Trump' cult cheers for communist dictatorship.

I know.

March 3 2018
U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely.

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida.
“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

Is that how the United States was with Trump as President though? It is that way under Biden. And if this is not the end times there will be retribution and it will turn on you. And you do not deserve any sympathy.

I know.

March 3 2018

Literalists rarely understand the true meaning of what is being said.

I know.

March 3 2018

You sound like a Xenophobe

Do you think the slanty eyed brown man should be put in a detention center like FDR did during WW2?

I know.

March 3 2018

Funny TRUMP praises Xi and after 4 years they were worried about a war with the US. TRUMP understands in negotiations you don't publicly insult the person you need to work. Think about what happens when the US POTUS is publicly insulted by another world leader, regardless of ones political views we rally around OUR president. TRUMP was negotiating trade deals with China and he understood because of career politicians like FJB the US was dependent on China for many lifesaving things, so why would he publicly insult or slight Xi?

Rightwing Trump supporters are pathetically mistaken if they think Ai WeiWei is a Trump supporter, or in solidarity with their own version of an “anti-woke,” anti-intellectual, anti-liberal …“Cultural Revolution.”

Funny TRUMP praises Xi and after 4 years they were worried about a war with the US. TRUMP understands in negotiations you don't publicly insult the person you need to work. Think about what happens when the US POTUS is publicly insulted by another world leader, regardless of ones political views we rally around OUR president. TRUMP was negotiating trade deals with China and he understood because of career politicians like FJB the US was dependent on China for many lifesaving things, so why would he publicly insult or slight Xi?
No, Trump doesn't understand shit.
He's has screwed up every negotiation he's ever been in.
That's why he's been sued so many times.
And Trump wasn't negotiating with anyone, he was at a fundraiser in Palm Beach, talking to gullible rich people, stupid enough to buy memberships at Mar a Lago.
Xi Jinping wasn't there, Trump wasn't answering a question from a reporter.
Trump made a statement, why would he say 'president for life' is good and want the US to be just like China?

Trump made the statement in March 3 of 2018.
Then, a little over two weeks later:
On March 22, 2018, Trump signed a memorandum under the Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974, instructing the United States Trade Representative (USTR) to apply tariffs of $50 billion on Chinese goods.

Then, all year long.

On May 9, 2018, China cancelled soybean orders exported from United States to China. Zhang Xiaoping, Chinese director for the U.S. Soybean Export Council, said Chinese buyers simply stopped buying from the U.S.[140]

On June 15, Donald Trump released a list of $34 billion of Chinese goods to face a 25% tariff, starting on July 6. Another list with $16 billion of Chinese goods was released, with an implementation date of August 23.

On July 10, the United States Trade Representative, in reaction to China's retaliatory tariffs that took effect July 6, requested comments, gave notice of public hearings and issued a proposed list of Chinese products amounting to an annual trade value of about $200 billion that would be subjected to an additional 10% in duties on top of what those imported articles would normally pay.

You're worried about Trump insulting China? That was the biggest insult.
Trump wasn't in the middle of anything but a tantrum.

You sound like a Xenophobe

Do you think the slanty eyed brown man should be put in a detention center like FDR did during WW2?
No, Trump and his cult are the Xenophobes.

Trump’s retaliation against the parents of a Muslim U.S. Army officer who died while serving in the Iraq War.

Khan’s wife Ghazala Khan, who wears a Muslim head scarf, stood at his side during the speech but did not speak.
In response to the devastating speech, Trump seized on Ghazala Khan’s silence to insinuate that she was forbidden from speaking due to the couple’s Islamic faith.
“If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me,” Trump said in an interview with ABC News that first appeared on July 30.

In May, Trump implied that Gonzalo Curiel, the federal judge presiding over a class action against the for-profit Trump University, could not fairly hear the case because of his Mexican heritage.

When Trump was serving as the president of his family’s real estate company, the Trump Management Corporation, in 1973, the Justice Department sued the company for alleged racial discrimination against black people looking to rent apartments in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.

Without admitting wrongdoing, the Trump Management Corporation settled the original lawsuit two years later and promised not to discriminate against black people, Puerto Ricans or other minorities.

Three times in a row on Feb. 28, Trump sidestepped opportunities to renounce white nationalist and former KKK leader David Duke, who told his radio audience last week that voting for any candidate other than Trump is “really treason to your heritage.”

By Feb. 29, Trump was saying that in fact he does disavow Duke, and that the only reason he didn’t do so on CNN was because of a “lousy earpiece.”

“I’m doing good for the Muslims,” Trump told CNN in December. “Many Muslim friends of mine are in agreement with me. They say, ‘Donald, you brought something up to the fore that is so brilliant and so fantastic.’”
Not long before he called for a blanket ban on Muslims entering the country.

YES.

NO, it isn't.

End of times?
Like what?

Either does Trump or his cult.

Traitors.
I believe liberty is vigilance. And we have not been vigilant. There are people being terminated from jobs all across the nation over this virus that is fuzzy in the way it has been handled. We have a major party the Progs who have introduced paranoia to the nation as one of their agendas. Propaganda like Trump and his cult. Trump sold his agendas. And they were good. The end result where we are heading is either the end times of Biblical scripture or the same old same old demise of a once vibrant nation into a dark tyranny. There is a shadow on the land.

I believe liberty is vigilance. And we have not been vigilant. There are people being terminated from jobs all across the nation over this virus that is fuzzy in the way it has been handled. We have a major party the Progs who have introduced paranoia to the nation as one of their agendas. Propaganda like Trump and his cult. Trump sold his agendas. And they were good. The end result where we are heading is either the end times of Biblical scripture or the same old same old demise of a once vibrant nation into a dark tyranny. There is a shadow on the land.
So, that is their choice, get vaccinated, or get tested once a week.
Like insisting you don't have to wear work boots or a hard hat on a construction site because it's 'tyranny'.
Paranoia?
That's the republican agenda.
The virus is fake, no worse than a cold.
The vaccine gives you covid.
The vaccine makes you impotent.
The vaccine has a GPS chips in to track you.
A bunch of other assorted BS.

Trump agenda?
Good?

Yeah, for Trump.
Everyone else, not so much.

Last edited:
So, that is their choice, get vaccinated, or get tested once a week.
Like insisting you don't have to wear work boots or a hard hat on a construction site because it's 'tyranny'
If a person works a job and it has quotas in it, that person or persons may find that a percentage of those quotas are not very good. And if the job is dangerous, it is more dangerous for them. This is a true statement. And it is tyranny. But it exists. And the taxpayer and consumers pay a lot more for it in everything they do. And when equity is even pushed more, the nation is done as a top shelf competitor. . So when a so called virus is politicized with a party that used it and riots to win an election at all costs including election cheating, why am I supposed to believe it? This virus could have been handled differently. But Trump was hated and a Repub.

Forum List

Back