Fallout of Govt trying to save everyone

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
What will the suicide rate be from the financial wreckage foisted on people by State Government Covid 19 feel good policies. Lady behind us has lost 2 of her 3 jobs. Customer told me today his sister who managed 3 restaurants for a client was told the show is over. They can't go 2 weeks without revenue so liquidation has been started.

What will the suicide rate be from the financial wreckage foisted on people by State Government Covid 19 feel good policies. Lady behind us has lost 2 of her 3 jobs. Customer told me today his sister who managed 3 restaurants for a client was told the show is over. They can't go 2 weeks without revenue so liquidation has been started.
There's just no way to know, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the government throw $3T to $4T at this before the dust has settled.

They, that's okay. Our kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids can pay for this.

1E8B9861-9A1B-4E1F-88F2-E6323C47D092.jpeg

Jesus, I am worried about the average person more than I am worried about the Big Business and the Government...

What is roaring at us will make the last recession look like a joke and great depression will be closer to it.

I expect a war after this is over and China is the main target of the World...

This all could have been avoided or minimized had China Government not hid the threat of this virus until it was spread around to the point of not being able to stop it...

Jesus, I am worried about the average person more than I am worried about the Big Business and the Government...

How do you think the average person earns the money that he needs to keep a roof over his head, food on his table, and to meet all his other material needs?

You kill “big business”, you kill most people's ability to make a living.

sent all 3 of my grandkids a check for $5k yesterday, to help them with bills.

Said it was part of their inheritance.

fairly smart kids.

Only worried about one of them blowing it on a party.

I bought a loaf of bread today. :)

The counties and cities are going to have to reduce the property taxes. I have now realized that it's them increasing taxes every year that is the cause of higher housing costs for everyone now than it was when I was a young man. Oh my, suppose it's time to admit I iz getting older.
If it's rental property they hammer the citizen and reap all the profit. PLUS it's double what it should be in many places.

Perhaps a little more thought before rushing to the microphone to look like a saviour. Can you imagine having bought a house and the Govt line item vetoed your job.

Last edited:
My question is, what are we going to do next year when a similar virus hits? Yeah, maybe it won't happen, but OTOH maybe it will. We better be thinking longer term than a few weeks or months.

Merrill suggests that officials don’t appreciate the financial vulnerability of America’s 30 million small businesses when they are ordering all‐encompassing shutdowns. California has ordered a general economic shutdown except for essential services. Pennsylvania has ordered “all non‐life‐sustaining” businesses in the state to close. All mining, construction, most manufacturing, most retail trade, and many other industries must close based on a government central plan. These sorts of actions are very heavy handed. Governments are offering emergency businesses loans, but that won’t compensate for the massive income loss imposed if this extends for more than a few weeks.
The logic of virus‐fighting suggests strong measures to flatten the curve of infection in coming months. But as Merrill says, “who is going to quantify the number of deaths from unemployment stress, food insecurity, depression or lost health insurance — plus the spike in suicide rates and heart angina from the stress of being laid off or furloughed?” Coronavirus and Politicians vs. the Economy
you are saved citizen.....

2 of 3 jobs? Can't go 2 weeks without revenue?

I thought this was the greatest economy ever? Do people need 3 jobs in the greatest economy ever? See they unable to set aside money to eat for 2 weeks?

My question is, what are we going to do next year when a similar virus hits? Yeah, maybe it won't happen, but OTOH maybe it will. We better be thinking longer term than a few weeks or months.

I agree with that.

We operate globally. It doesn't matter what China should have done. There was no way to avoid it. By the time they had figured out what the hell they had on their hands, ships had already sailed. It was already here. You could stop all international flights but there are still people coming in illegally as caretakers etc.

And I'm sure that the next round of whatever they will have figured out where the flaws are in the game plans currently.

Forum List

Back