...Fakery afoot in the land....

Great article.

I've been saying the exact same thing, only difference is that I'm not all that worried about civil war. It's clear that a large enough portion of the Republican party, not a majority, but a decent enough amount want nothing to do with the wannabe violent pieces of shits in their midst. And, those wannabe violent pieces of shits are largely all cosplayers themselves. What we might get are handfuls of white wing terror acts but they have no real support for long term engagement.
Revolutions do not just happen. Most of the time the nations involved capitulate to the evil tyranny.

Funny that you should mention this.
In this morning's WaPo there is an interesting Q&A with an expert of civil war. (after checking it, I see it is a re-print from a March piece.)
I ain't gonna autopsy it here.....but here is the link:

There may be a paywall...but sometimes you can get around those things by googling the subject. Sort of a backdoor way in. Doesn't always work....but I have had some success with publications I do not subscribe to.

Anyway, this piece sorta addresses your observations above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They are preparing for war’: An expert on civil wars discusses where political extremists are taking this country

Barbara F. Walter, 57, is a political science professor at the University of California at San Diego and the author of “How Civil Wars Start: And How to Stop Them,” which was released in January. She lives in San Diego with her husband.

Having studied civil wars all over the world, and the conditions that give rise to them, you argue in your book, somewhat chillingly, that the United States is coming dangerously close to those conditions. Can you explain that?

So we actually know a lot about civil wars — how they start, how long they last, why they’re so hard to resolve, how you end them. And we know a lot because since 1946, there have been over 200 major armed conflicts. And for the last 30 years, people have been collecting a lot of data, analyzing the data, looking at patterns. I’ve been one of those people."
Yeah, agreed. It will probably look more like an insurgency than a civil war. And yeah, one serious consideration is that many in law enforcement and the military have been infected by the orange virus.

Cheney made a very important point when she said that Trump is "preying on their patriotism". I think it would be wrong to look at these people as bad or evil or America-haters. They've just been manipulated over the years to a point at which the love they have for the country has been distorted and perverted by people who have their own agenda.

Their rage is real, but they have the wrong enemy in their sights.

Yeah, agreed. It will probably look more like an insurgency than a civil war. And yeah, one serious consideration is that many in law enforcement and the military have been infected by the orange virus.

Cheney made a very important point when she said that Trump is "preying on their patriotism". I think it would be wrong to look at these people as bad or evil or America-haters. They've just been manipulated over the years to a point at which the love they have for the country has been distorted and perverted by people who have their own agenda.

Their rage is real, but they have the wrong enemy in their sights.
Or.... this is just a continuation of a deplorable and violent, white supremacist American culture.

I noticed, and I suspect many others did too.....that entryways were being forced. Violently forced....
Yet, you seem to be implying that Speaker Pelosi opened the way?
Explain yourself.

You were supposed to say please, but I'll oblige...

The Capitol could have easily been defended that day, but was not.

The Capitol Police clearly had instructions to stand down and let the protestors in, so that we would have a made-for-TV insurrection.

Trump offered 20,000 National Guard troops in advance of Jan 6th, and they were declined by Pelosi.

While there was plenty of violence that day, there are also instances where the protestors walked into open doors and said hello to the Police who greeted them....

The "January 6th insurrection" was largely deliberately manufactured by the Democrats in an attempt to disembowel the MAGA movement, change the focus from obvious election fraud, and prevent Donald Trump from winning in 2024.

Capitol Police move barricades and encourage protestors to approach Capitol...

Capitol Police open doors for protestors and invite them in....

If it had been BLM protestors, the Capitol would have been burnt to the ground, and Dems would be pushing for racial justice initiatives.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back