Faked video?

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
This one is for TruthMatters although I am certain that if she even reads it she will deny it as "facts" only matter when they come straight from the talking points out of the DNC headquarters.

What does the video show? Not much. Indeed, new interviews show that a much-viewed YouTube recording cited as evidence by conservatives was actually shot well after the time in question.

It was March 20, near the end of the bitter health care debate, when Reps. John Lewis, Andre Carson and Emanuel Cleaver say that some demonstrators, many of them tea party activists, yelled the "N-word" as the congressmen walked from House office buildings to the Capitol.

Stung by the charges of racism, conservatives and tea party activists insist it never happened. And one of them is offering big money if anyone can prove it did.

With so many media and citizen cameras at the demonstration, any epithets would have been caught on tape, says Andrew Breitbart. He's the web entrepreneur who released the video of ACORN workers counseling actors posing as a pimp and prostitute, and has pledged $100,000 to the United Negro College Fund if anyone provides proof of the epithets.

A few days later, Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., told an audience, "No witness saw it, it's not on camera, it's not on audio."

Only 22 seconds of video have emerged from the time in question, filmed by Lee Fang of the liberal American Progress think tank. His YouTube clip — labeled as being filmed about five minutes after the crowd rushed Lewis and Carson — has been posted by Breitbart and dozens of blogs accusing Democrats of lying.

Fang told the AP he was standing "pretty far away" across Independence Avenue from the Cannon building when he saw the crowd erupt, so he hurried over. Fang did not hear the epithet, but he said he believes it was used. "The hatred was palpable," he said.

Conservatives insist the absence of racial epithets on Fang's video and the 48-second clip show there was no hate.

"If it didn't happen on YouTube," says a regretful Fang, "it didn't happen at all."

I'm not saying Breitbart is correct, but I'll guarantee that TM will say he is lying.

Geez, Lee Fang from a liberal think tank... hmm... what did she have to say about the "conservative" who filmed the ACORN tapes? Let see, didn't she accuse him of editing the tapes? Yes, I am pretty sure she did. Bet she will defend Fang to the death without a shred of evidence!

Immie

Where is she anyway, still on extended vacation?

It appears the ban is lifted.

My guess is that she thinks that she is punishing us by not coming back. She won't be back until she's banned at the site she went to.

Immie

Forum List

Back