Fake News. The Media Story that Trump Had Rioters Tear Gassed to Get to the Church is False According to Park Police.

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Completely fake news the media keeps repeating.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

Liar. The curfew didn't start until 7:00 PM. They fired off tear gas at 6:30.
Because they were being pelted with debris.

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.
Who cares. They were still looting savages and they all suck.

Another quote from the reporter.

Early Tuesday, a US Park Police source told WTOP the agency was unaware of the President's upcoming walk, and that USPP had fired smoke canisters, rather than tear gas. DC Police Chief Peter Newsham said Tues his agency hadn't used tear gas to clear Lafayette Park. Asked several
The news said William Barr spoke with park police ahead of time about the President's visit.

I read that as well after I posted this. I do not know if it is true. I do know tear gas was not used and Trump never told the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news.
not much difference between tear gas and pepper spray.... most people call pepper spray disbursement tear gas... tear gas is a more common use term that covers both in most people's mind....

Is Pepper Spray the same as tear gas?

Pepper Spray. The two biggest differences between tear gas spray and pepper spray are their chemical makeup and delivery methods. Pepper spray (sometimes referred to as “OC spray“) is a combination of natural chemicals, whereas tear gas (also called “CS gas“) comes from man-made compounds.

They did not use pepper spray either. They used smoke canisters. That is what they said. I provided the link with direct quotes from the Park police. This is not difficult. Just read what they said.

Also, Trump never directed the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news. And the media is still telling the same lies even though the police on the scene directly contradict the media.
i was just skimming this thread and I believe one of the articles you or someone else posted said they did use pepper spray, not tear gas.

let me see if I can find it....

One story said smoke canisters were used as well as pepper balls. No tear gas was ever used although the media keeps saying that which directly contradicts the police on the scene as well some reporters.

Look. You can believe the media ( who have provided zero evidence) or the cops on the scene. The reality is the story the media is telling is false per the Park police.

Early Tuesday, a US Park Police source told WTOP the agency was unaware of the President's upcoming walk, and that USPP had fired smoke canisters, rather than tear gas. DC Police Chief Peter Newsham said Tues his agency hadn't used tear gas to clear Lafayette Park. Asked several
The news said William Barr spoke with park police ahead of time about the President's visit.

I read that as well after I posted this. I do not know if it is true. I do know tear gas was not used and Trump never told the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news.
not much difference between tear gas and pepper spray.... most people call pepper spray disbursement tear gas... tear gas is a more common use term that covers both in most people's mind....

Pepper Spray. The two biggest differences between tear gas spray and pepper spray are their chemical makeup and delivery methods. Pepper spray (sometimes referred to as “OC spray“) is a combination of natural chemicals, whereas tear gas (also called “CS gas“) comes from man-made compounds.

They did not use pepper spray either. They used smoke canisters. That is what they said. I provided the link with direct quotes from the Park police. This is not difficult. Just read what they said.

Also, Trump never directed the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news. And the media is still telling the same lies even though the police on the scene directly contradict the media.
i was just skimming this thread and I believe one of the articles you or someone else posted said they did use pepper spray, not tear gas.

here ya go.... Park police SAID smoke canisters AND PEPPER BALLS

NEW: Smoke canisters and pepper balls, but United States Park Police acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan says “No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park.”

here ya go.... Park police SAID smoke canisters AND PEPPER BALLS

NEW: Smoke canisters and pepper balls, but United States Park Police acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan says “No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park.”

I just said that above your post. That is neither tear gas (which the media is still claiming) or pepper spray. Believe the media or believe the cops on the scene. Up to you. :)

One story said smoke canisters were used as well as pepper balls. No tear gas was ever used although the media keeps saying that which directly contradicts the police on the scene as well some reporters.

Look. You can believe the media ( who have provided zero evidence) or the cops on the scene. The reality is the story the media is telling is false per the Park police.
I was watching it live, back and forth on several channels....

the ''don't believe what you see and don't believe what you hear'' trump brainwashing bull crud, just doesn't work on me....I'm sorry!

----------------------------------------------
you just said earlier in this post that they used no pepper spray, so the interchangeable term of tear gas vs pepper spray did not apply... and YOU were wrong... they did use pepper spray and smoke canisters..... And the pepper balls coupled with the smoke canisters made people automatically say, tear gas..... they both smell the same, one is natural the other is chemical, both with the same effect. Pepper balls are only safer because they do not use a canister to disburse, that can hurt people if hit....

but the smoke canisters shot at the same time likely could harm people that are hit as well....

I was watching it live, back and forth on several channels....

the ''don't believe what you see and don't believe what you hear'' trump brainwashing bull crud, just doesn't work on me....I'm sorry!

----------------------------------------------
you just said earlier in this post that they used no pepper spray, so the interchangeable term of tear gas vs pepper spray did not apply... and YOU were wrong... they did use pepper spray and smoke canisters..... And the pepper balls coupled with the smoke canisters made people automatically say, tear gas..... they both smell the same, one is natural the other is chemical, both with the same effect. Pepper balls are only safer because they do not use a canister to disburse, that can hurt people if hit....

but the smoke canisters shot at the same time likely could harm people that are hit as well....

Media. Got it! :thup:

They were smoke canisters per the Park police. No tear gas was ever used. The story is false.
Smoke canisters are a smoke screen. It's used to conceal approaching forces. Why would the park police use smoke canisters?

That is what the Park police said they used. You would have to ask them. My guess is the rioters are stupid like the media. They saw smoke and probably thought it was tear gas. Great way to clear the park without hurting people.

“Tear gas,” an umbrella term for about a half-dozen so-called “riot-control agents” or “less lethal” chemical weapons, most often refers to CS gas, a powerful irritant devised by two Middlebury College researchers in the 1920s.

But it can also refer to OC, or oleoresin capsicum, an ultra-concentrated form of the compound in hot peppers mixed with carriers that make it stick to your skin and lungs more easily. Both cause tears, and both, in quantity, do a permanent number on lungs and nerves.

The distinction only matters if you’re treating medical damage or covering your ass; the Centers for Disease Control calls every such chemical “tear gas,” including CS, OC, and others. But for police, “pepper balls”—dense projectiles containing OC, which the Park Police insist they used—are very convenient. They can be fired again and again from a gun. They hurt. (In fact, they hurt worse than CS gas.)

CDC call it tear gas...

They were smoke canisters per the Park police. No tear gas was ever used. The story is false.
Smoke canisters are a smoke screen. It's used to conceal approaching forces. Why would the park police use smoke canisters?

That is what the Park police said they used. You would have to ask them. My guess is the rioters are stupid like the media. They saw smoke and probably thought it was tear gas. Great way to clear the park without hurting people.

“Tear gas,” an umbrella term for about a half-dozen so-called “riot-control agents” or “less lethal” chemical weapons, most often refers to CS gas, a powerful irritant devised by two Middlebury College researchers in the 1920s.

But it can also refer to OC, or oleoresin capsicum, an ultra-concentrated form of the compound in hot peppers mixed with carriers that make it stick to your skin and lungs more easily. Both cause tears, and both, in quantity, do a permanent number on lungs and nerves.

The distinction only matters if you’re treating medical damage or covering your ass; the Centers for Disease Control calls every such chemical “tear gas,” including CS, OC, and others. But for police, “pepper balls”—dense projectiles containing OC, which the Park Police insist they used—are very convenient. They can be fired again and again from a gun. They hurt. (In fact, they hurt worse than CS gas.)

CDC call it tear gas...
I knew it wasn’t “tear gas” from the start. Real tear gas practically makes you puke instantly. Not one video showed anyone suffering from anything like that. Police also won’t use it unless they are wearing real gas masks, otherwise a slight breeze in their direction will take them out.

Everything the MSM says is pretty much a lie.

There is no “systemic racism” in the police killing off blacks in this country. The MSM doesn’t dare actually talk about facts, they won’t tell their audience how many people died from cop shootings last year, and of those how many were “unarmed black men”, and compare that to the number of unarmed whites. But they also know that morons like yourself aren’t interested in such facts, you just like hearing America is racist and deserves to be burnt to the ground.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

Let me see if I am understanding this complete bullshit you’re spewing. The park police did not know the president was going to walk out of the WH? What law enforcement did know? Why was the crowd dispersed 30 minutes before curfew?

Most of all, what the fuck was the point? Trump carried a Bible he himself said he didn’t own and did different poses with it in front of a church looking like a retard. Is that something a normal person let alone a president would do?

LIAR
Um okay so this happens then, conveniently, Trump walks out of the WH and goes to this church to pose like a retard in front of the camera?

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.
Who cares. They were still looting savages and they all suck.

And there is that arrogant hateful decisiveness that we have all come to expect from Trump and his supporters. You fail to understand that the president is supposed to work for all Americans, not just the ones who share your racist beliefs and are in your party.

Can someone post a link to a video...or a picture? Surely in this digital age there is at least 1 legitimate photo of tear gas being used so the President could walk to the church...

I have searched all over, saw conflicting reports, but have not found one...

Which makes me believe more than not this story is false. It's not like it would be the 1st time...

Can someone post a link to a video...or a picture? Surely in this digital age there is at least 1 legitimate photo of tear gas being used so the President could walk to the church...

Which makes me believe more than not this story is false. It's not like it would be the 1st time...

Change the channel from Fox. You'll see lots of video.

So you don't have a link to a video / photo. It's still just a 'claim'... Thanks.

So you don't have a link to a video / photo. It's still just a 'claim'... Thanks.

Not my job to educate someone, such as yourself, who is intentionally ignorant.

according to the police themselves who were there, no tear gas was used; or pepper spray. just smoke canisters.

now, you are just hellbent on calling ANYONE who doesn't support your bullshit a liar.

gets so FUCKING old.

normally NPR is a pretty good source but on this one they were whole hog on their version that demeans trump. their own headline was that tear gas was used and yet it would appear NONE of that was verified.

so now NPR is running headlines with unverified accusations.

NPR just hit a low in my book.

Ok now the Park Police are under attack as corrupt? They aren't political.

Everything that Trump runs is partisan. Clearly the Park Service is partisan. You are aware of the fact they have a acting head.

No, I wasn't aware it was acting but then most of them are. I don't think in this case that they are being partisan or corrupt - they still have to follow the law. If tear gas WAS used, there will be evidence. There is a lot of contradictory claims made - I can't tell what is truth yet.
that part sucks doesn't it? the police say one thing, the "news" outlets run something else.

OF COURSE IT WAS FAKE NEWS....

Duh....Next pathetic snowflake try.....
Episcopal priest describes being gassed and overrun by police at Lafayette Square church

“Around 6:15 or 6:30, the police started really pushing protestors off of H Street . . . the street between the church and Lafayette Park, and ultimately, the White House,” Gerbasi wrote. Gerbasi then described gas filling the area, sending people running toward the church for eyewashes, water and paper towels.
“At this point, Julia, one of our seminarians for next year (who is a trauma nurse) and I looked at each other in disbelief. I was coughing, her eyes were watering, and we were trying to help people as the police — in full riot gear — drove people toward us.”

Forum List

Back