Fake News. The Media Story that Trump Had Rioters Tear Gassed to Get to the Church is False According to Park Police.

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Completely fake news the media keeps repeating.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

Except we have video of of those "not all peaceful protestors", being pushed back by Park Police, using rubber bullets and officers on horseback wearing riot gear. One MSNBC reporter was hit with a flashbomb. We also have witnesses both in the Rose Garden and amongst the protestors who smelled the tear gas. The Washington Mayor and the Chief of Police both said that tear gas was used.

FOX is lying on behalf of President Trump, and his staff. As always.

Fox says the Park Service stated that tear gas wasn't used. Smoke canisters used - smoke is irritating and might be legitimately confused for tear gas. I don't trust Fox's accuracy either, but it might be those claiming teargas genuinely believed it if it was smoke.

A small point of correction. The park service source said smoke canisters were used...not tear gas. They also said they did not know the President was going through the park.

Then they are liars.

Bars in Missouri close at 2 am. At 130 am most bars cut you off and try to get you out the door.

Curfew is 7 pm. Waiting till 7pm to disperse results in you breaking curfew

They started the attack at 6:30 pm. Half an hour before any violation of law.

That's like writing parking tickets half an hour before the meter expires.

You need to read the article. It was not a peaceful protest. The police had every right to clear the park.

It was peaceful until police tried to get them to disperse wasn't it?

No. The park police said water bottles were being thrown at them at rioters where climbing on top of the monuments that were vandalized the day before. The police asked them to leave. They would not.

I'll bet they were. Clearly the Park Service is corrupt and needs to be cleaned out when Democrats take over.

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

Liar. The curfew didn't start until 7:00 PM. They fired off tear gas at 6:30.
Because they were being pelted with debris.

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.
A live feed does not see everything, it sees one perspective. Don't be such a moron.

It showed the police line preparing to attack at 6:00, and the attack starting at 6:30.

I agree the response was before 7:00pm. I also know no tear gas was used as the media reported. That is a lie. Also, the rioters were not peaceful as the media reported. That is also a lie. Also, Trump did not ask the Park police to take action against the rioters. That is also a lie.

Bulldog I can concede your one point. Why can't you concede any points?

You start a thread with a blatant lie, and then wonder why I don't accept your claims. You know that's nuts, right?

It was not a lie. Protesters were in the park after curfew. That is a fact.

That is a lie.

There is video.

Quotes from a reporter at the scene.

..” then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park,” according to Park Pol Chief Monahan.

Monahan: “Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers...

NEW: Smoke canisters and pepper balls, but United States Park Police acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan says “No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park.”

That proves he is a liar and needs to be fired.

This is the big one leftists! You finally got him. 15 minutes before curfew! Its impeachment time and there's no way you can lose and look foolish again! Plus a bible is involved! Start the impeachment!

So let me get this straight. Liberal Democrats think Trump should put his presidential campaign on hold because of these stupid protests? But you'll let Biden do whatever he wants?

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.
A live feed does not see everything, it sees one perspective. Don't be such a moron.

It showed the police line preparing to attack at 6:00, and the attack starting at 6:30.

I agree the response was before 7:00pm. I also know no tear gas was used as the media reported. That is a lie. Also, the rioters were not peaceful as the media reported. That is also a lie. Also, Trump did not ask the Park police to take action against the rioters. That is also a lie.

You start a thread with a blatant lie, and then wonder why I don't accept your claims. You know that's nuts, right?

Your OP said the cops attacked because it was past curfew. You weren't mistaken You intentionally lied. Admit it and move on.

I said precisely protesters were asked to leave because they were violating curfew. That is from the article. They were in fact violating curfew. Many rioters were still in the park after 7pm.

They were not breaking curfew. The Park Police does not enforce curfews anyway. It was clearly unjustified.

they were ordered to disperse by both Park service police and the secret service, curfew had nothing to do with their lawful order, the rioters refused, some immediately began throwing rocks and debris at the police,

Of course you have a link or video proof of this?
No, obvious LIE. that is what trumpers do. LIE, Cast Blame.

OF COURSE IT WAS FAKE NEWS....

Duh....Next pathetic snowflake try.....

Sad...

Why should we believe the Park police? They belong to Trump. Clearly they are lying to protect him. The videos say it all. The Arlington Police are clearly contradicting the Park Police by withdrawng their assistance.

No they don't. They are a professional group of people doing a job.

So we don't actually know what the facts are yet...

Bars in Missouri close at 2 am. At 130 am most bars cut you off and try to get you out the door.

Curfew is 7 pm. Waiting till 7pm to disperse results in you breaking curfew

They started the attack at 6:30 pm. Half an hour before any violation of law.

That's like writing parking tickets half an hour before the meter expires.

You need to read the article. It was not a peaceful protest. The police had every right to clear the park.

It was peaceful until police tried to get them to disperse wasn't it?

No. The park police said water bottles were being thrown at them at rioters where climbing on top of the monuments that were vandalized the day before. The police asked them to leave. They would not.

Anyone in the Park Service who disputes the official Trump Lie will find him/herself fired on Twitter tomorrow.

I don't think Trump has that power.

LIAR

Your OP said the cops attacked because it was past curfew. You weren't mistaken You intentionally lied. Admit it and move on.

I said precisely protesters were asked to leave because they were violating curfew. That is from the article. They were in fact violating curfew. Many rioters were still in the park after 7pm.

That's because the article was from Fox. We all know they would NEVER misrepresent anything, right? Pick a legitimate source next time.
The were ran out at 7:01 PM...which was the curfew. Liberal media are not even real journalist.

These were non-violent protestors. The Park Service does not enforce curfews. The DC police do. The Arlington Police were withdrawn because the council knew what was done was wrong. Donald Trump and anyone connected with him, including you, are liars. They are more journalists than the so-called right wing propaganda like Fox News.

Just a few problems with this typical pile of shit from FOX:

1) The clearing started before the curfew. At least 15 minutes before. The protestors they cleared were not violating curfew, when the incident began.

2) What FOX doesn't tell you -- because they are not actually a news network, but rather a trump campaign arm -- is that the park police weren't the only law enforcement department on the scene. Several were there. And tear gas absolutely was used, as can be seen in the video from the events. Also used: rubber/pepper bullets.

3) Whether or not the park police or the several other law enforcement contingents on scene knew of the Trump photo op when they started clearing the area is irrelevant.

4) While the poor, gullible FOX audience is , as usual, woefully under- and misinformed, the entire rest of the world saw exactly what happened.

The news reports are spot on. Typical FOX gaslighting.
You democrats are psychotic, they were ordered to disperse by both Park service police and the secret service, curfew had nothing to do with their lawful order, the rioters refused, some immediately began throwing rocks and debris at the police, they were then swept from the park! Do you understand what the meaning of a lawful order from law enforcement is, and what refusing it obligates? "Peaceful protest underway" is no longer a defense against police actions taken, even if most were relatively peaceful, some of them began combative actions against police upon issuing of lawful order to disperse, all uniformly refused lawful order to disperse, making your imbecilic argument moot! Once protesters refused lawful order to disperse, once protesters began lobbing deadly objects at lawful authorities, they all became rioters and looters!

That is a lie. They were not throwing anything. This was not a legitimate police order. They were exercising their first amendment rights. Apparently the first amendment extends only to Trump and Republicans. They were not rioters and looters. You lying weasels are the ones who need to be tear gassed.

Forum List

Back