Fake news. Can YOU tell which version below is "real"?

• neither is real.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • both are real.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, I decided to click on the link instead of waiting for the OP, so now I know which story was fake.
Sorry, I thought I'd replied. My point was that...well, first, I'm assuming you feel the Reuters story is the "real" news story. My point was that my rewrite--the fake story--more closely reflects the actual situation in Whitefish. The fake story is more real than the real story.

Here is a paragraph from the Reuters story.

Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial told Reuters in a phone interview last week that his department had assigned extra patrols to the homes and businesses of the residents identified in the article. However, Dial said there had been no reports of harassment or intimidation of the Jewish community that rose to the level of a crime.

In the paragraph above, Jews, as always, are the blameless victims needing--and receiving--special status from the local white power structure. As always, the locals are simple country folk who believe in witches and devils, (or, as they are called today, "anti-Semites" and "Jew-haters") and so are easily cowed.

Here is my slight rewrite, which leaves a very different impression with the reader and is much more faithful to reality.

Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial told Reuters in a phone interview last week that his department had assigned extra patrols to the homes and businesses of the Jews harassing and intimidating Spencer's mother. However, Dial said there had been no reports of harassment or intimidation of the Jews.
This whole "fake news" thing is just another way to suppress and control the news and deceive the people, and the people who want to do that do not have the best interests of the American people at heart. Their behavior on this board shows how utterly devoid of ethics they are, how untrustworthy, how deceitful, how willing to stoop to any level in order to advance their group at the expense of everyone else.

Chief Dial should be ashamed of himself for being their dupe.

Forum List

Back