Fact Checking the Fact Checkers

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
WSJ has a good piece on how ‘fact’ checkers are not concerned about truth, they are just there to spin a narrative.

Not long ago, Johns Hopkins surgeon Marty Makary published an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal which downplayed many of the worst case scenarios for Covid and projected natural herd immunity by April. This article was widely shared via social media like Facebook, who reacted by unleashing the fact checking commissars. This latest WSJ article looks at how leftist social media outlets are doing their best to ensure that debate gives way to dogma.

“…the progressive health clerisy don’t like his projection because they worry it could lead to fewer virus restrictions. The horror! Health Feedback’s fact checkers disagree with the evidence Dr. Makary cites as well as how he interprets it. Fine. Scientists disagree all the time. Much of conventional health wisdom about red meat, sodium and cardiovascular risk is still fiercely debated.

The same goes for Covid-19. There’s still much we don’t understand about the virus and its transmission and immunity. Yet Facebook’s fact-checkers “cherry-pick,” to borrow their word, studies to support their own opinions, which they present as fact.”

“Scientists often disagree over how to interpret evidence. Debate is how ideas are tested and arguments are refined. But Facebook’s fact checkers are presenting their opinions as fact and seeking to silence other scientists whose views challenge their own.”

I have no doubt the fact checkers are as biased as the MSM. In fact most of them are paid by the same entities that fund the MSM. Corbett does a great report on this.

WSJ has a good piece on how ‘fact’ checkers are not concerned about truth, they are just there to spin a narrative.

Not long ago, Johns Hopkins surgeon Marty Makary published an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal which downplayed many of the worst case scenarios for Covid and projected natural herd immunity by April. This article was widely shared via social media like Facebook, who reacted by unleashing the fact checking commissars. This latest WSJ article looks at how leftist social media outlets are doing their best to ensure that debate gives way to dogma.

“…the progressive health clerisy don’t like his projection because they worry it could lead to fewer virus restrictions. The horror! Health Feedback’s fact checkers disagree with the evidence Dr. Makary cites as well as how he interprets it. Fine. Scientists disagree all the time. Much of conventional health wisdom about red meat, sodium and cardiovascular risk is still fiercely debated.

The same goes for Covid-19. There’s still much we don’t understand about the virus and its transmission and immunity. Yet Facebook’s fact-checkers “cherry-pick,” to borrow their word, studies to support their own opinions, which they present as fact.”

“Scientists often disagree over how to interpret evidence. Debate is how ideas are tested and arguments are refined. But Facebook’s fact checkers are presenting their opinions as fact and seeking to silence other scientists whose views challenge their own.”

What do Trump Humpers care about the truth.

TDS foaming at the mouth is so typical of the Left.

".... ‘fact’ checkers are not concerned about truth, they are just there to spin a narrative."

nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif

The good news is that I think most people have figured out that the fact checkers are not really fact checkers. They are checkers that spin into the narrative that the corporations and gov want you to believe. They have many paid people to spin it for you. And stop you from thinking for yourself.

The WOKE has fallen mostly to this dogma. I think instead of calling them left because they really have gone far beyond left. The WOKE are unawaken fools. That are tools for the Cult.

I have to laugh when those fact checkers say 'Missing Content', then give a 'related story' as reference......that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the point of the original post......of which they don't argue. :auiqs.jpg:

W

When I am vetting political information, I see lots of "fact checking" stories in my internet search results, but I skip over them because I know that "fact checking" is just lefty spinning.

Trump Humpin ain't easy.

No doubt "fact checkers" are dishonest and only want to push a narrative. The whole idea of a fact checker is ridiculous.

The WOKE has fallen mostly to this dogma. I think instead of calling them left because they really have gone far beyond left. The WOKE are unawaken fools. That are tools for the Cult.

Wow a Trump Humper accusing a group of folks of being a cult.

W

When I am vetting political information, I see lots of "fact checking" stories in my internet search results, but I skip over them because I know that "fact checking" is just lefty spinning.
Well you should click on them. Any good fact checker has sourced information to draw their conclusions and they lay it out for you to verify. Most do this

I have been accusing Christians of being in a cult long before Trump biatch. You are just slow to catch on. Cause you WOKE! :auiqs.jpg:

W

Well you should click on them. Any good fact checker has sourced information to draw their conclusions and they lay it out for you to verify. Most do this

You go to a fact checker because you can't think for yourself. Face it sheepy.

W

I go to fact checkers to see sourced information that I can verify for myself. If you ever read past the headline you’d know that

W

I go to fact checkers to see sourced information that I can verify for myself. If you ever read past the headline you’d know that

Keep trying to tell yourself that kid and maybe the mind controlled sheep will believe you. :D

W

Sure you do. Tell us more about how Trump told us to drink bleach and he called white supremests good people.

W

Keep trying to tell yourself that kid and maybe the mind controlled sheep will believe you. :D
I don’t need to tell myself anything. It is what it is

The Left has no position on anything until their cult leaders tell them what to think.

Forum List

Back