Fact-checkers are taking aim at American Sniper

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015

Y'know, I'm against Bush's wars, but the hysteria against this movie is getting a little much.

Fact-checking a movie is histeria?

Uh - yeah. Over the top hysteria. It's Hollywood and this is NOT billed a documentary.

I'm with MAC - very much opposed to the war in Iraq, but chillax on American Sniper. It doesn't glorify war imho - it shows a pretty realistic picture of why you don't want to go there.

Y'know, I'm against Bush's wars, but the hysteria against this movie is getting a little much.

Fact-checking a movie is histeria?
Yes, when it's yet another attempt to downplay/discredit/degrade the movie.

Which has been happening quite a bit, you know that, right?

Do you view everything in a vacuum like that?

It's a movie, not a history. Glory was not fact checked, but errors certainly existed in the narrative.

Take all the criticism with a pound of salt, folks.

Several important falsehoods have been documented regarding the popular film American Sniper. Some links fact-checking the falsehood-ridden movies are here. Conservatives are likely not to read these fact-checks because it hurts their sensibilities as they want everything portrayed in the movie to be true.:

American Sniper The True Story of Chris Kyle
American Sniper fact vs. fiction How accurate is the Chris Kyle movie

When will the lefties do a fact check on .... "The Interview"?

The more popular the movie is the more hysterical the left gets. Which means the more popular the movie gets.

It's a movie, not a history. Glory was not fact checked, but errors certainly existed in the narrative.

Glory wasn't fact checked? i'll bet dollars to donuts i can find several websites that will document the historical errors in it

i haven't seen the movie, but everything i've heard about it seems to point to it being a somewhat disturbing film that should make everyone question the price of war for the individuals involved

that said, i do have a problem with chris kyle, and that the movie, again from reports, seems to gloss over his very large and very real character flaws.

i also have a problem with the right-wing deification of the man.

Last edited:
So what? It's a movie. Like Oliver Stone's JFK. They know their audience.

Snopes doesn't have a liberal bias, facts do.

Yes, 400,000,000 murdered by left-wing dictators like Stalin and Mao and Castro and Pol Pot and... certainly seemed to be biased towards liberals.

Fear not. The Government loves you.

Several important falsehoods have been documented regarding the popular film American Sniper. Some links fact-checking the falsehood-ridden movies are here. Conservatives are likely not to read these fact-checks because it hurts their sensibilities as they want everything portrayed in the movie to be true.:

American Sniper The True Story of Chris Kyle
American Sniper fact vs. fiction How accurate is the Chris Kyle movie

It's a MOVIE, genius, a MOVIE! It's a product manufactured by a bunch of hypocrite Hollywood limousine liberals for the sole purpose of MAKING MONEY. It's formula! It's formula! The fact that it's making a fortune because it has mass appeal to the American people is what you really loathe, you and the rest of your ilk.

Glory wasn't fact checked? i'll bet dollars to donuts i can find several websites that will document the historical errors in it

Educate us, please.
Glory 1989 - Goofs - IMDb
History and the Movies The Patriot and Glory Ashbrook
Glory movie mistakes goofs and bloopers
there are three quick finds. i'd bet i could find more.

The left can't afford any positive influence in this country anymore.
that's the thing, kyle was not and should not be regarded as a 'positive influence'
he was a skilled sniper, but that skill set alone shouldn't make him anyone's hero

Forum List

Back