FACT CHECK: Is Biden a 'liar' for claiming GOP wants Social Security and Medicare cuts?

[ More Guides for the Uninformed]

• When did Medicaid and Medicare start?

• Both were created when President Lyndon B. Johnson signed amendments to the Social Security Act on July 30, 1965. This was part of Johnson's social reform movement known as the "Great Society," which set goals to eliminate poverty and racial injustice.

Republicans should have stayed together and tanked that abomination or should it be obamanation?
It was Mitt Romney's abomination as he introduced and set up in Massachusetts while Governor something similar.

But when this Republican successful idea was introduced by Democrats.......the rest is history.

It was Mitt Romney's abomination as he introduced and set up in Massachusetts while Governor something similar.

But when this Republican successful idea was introduced by Democrats.......the rest is history.
You get that the state is not the same as a country? Even Mitt Romey said his plan wouldn't work for the entire country.

You get that the state is not the same as a country? Even Mitt Romey said his plan wouldn't work for the entire country.
What he said then, and how it really ended up working for the Country, are two different things.

I think he did change his tune later on:

"Getting people health insurance is a good thing, and that's what Tom Stemberg fought for. I oppose Obamacare and believe it has failed. It drove up premiums, took insurance away from people who were promised otherwise, and usurped state programs. As I said in the campaign, I'd repeal it and replace it with state-crafted plans."
But Romney never outright made such a direct correlation as he did in his remembrance of Stemberg, essentially taking credit for the current health care law, which is anathema to Republicans.

Trying to bill his plan as conservative, President Obama has repeatedly made the case, including in the run-up to his 2012 re-election, that the law was built off of Romney's, even borrowing advisers who helped conceive the Massachusetts program.

Did Obamacare, or whatever it is actually called actually failed? Then why is it such a success with the Biden Administration and even more people are signing up to it?

McConnell says sunsetting Social Security, Medicare is a 'Rick ...

https://thehill.com › homenews › senate › 3852262-mc...
3 days ago — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-K.Y.) said in an interview on Thursday a proposed initiative to sunset Social Security and ...
1. McConnell said Rick Scott is NOT the GOP. A true statement.
2. The GOP wants to fix SS & Medicare, the disagreement is how to fix them.
3. Medicare will be bankrupt next year, so why aren't democrats pushing plans to save Medicare?

The obamanation care has been an utter failure. People sign up because alternatives have been gutted.

The obamanation care has been an utter failure. People sign up because alternatives have been gutted.

I hear Trump had a better plan that was cheaper and had more benefits. He promised to reveal it if he was elected President.
What happened to it?

Both sides have FUCKED this up beyond belief. And both sides should come together to fix it. But that's simply not the way in American politics.

Just keep blaming the other side, doing your best to divide the country, while you fuck everyone right in the ass.
A little rude on the language, but your point is well taken.

Biden’s accusations.

“Let us commit here tonight that the full faith and credit of the United States of America will never, ever be questioned. So my — many of — some of my Republican friends want to take the economy hostage — I get it — unless I agree to their economic plans. All of you at home should know what those plans are. Instead of making the wealthy pay their fair share, some Republicans — some Republicans want Medicare and Social Security to sunset. I’m not saying it’s a majority.” — President Joe Biden, State of the Union address.

Biden’s claim that Republicans have pushed for an end to Medicare and Social Security during debt ceiling negotiations is false.

In fact, Republicans had explicitly said neither program is up for discussion as they consider which spending cuts to demand in exchange for their support of raising the debt limit.

FACT CHECK: Is Biden a 'liar' for claiming GOP wants Social Security and Medicare cuts?

You can't use a media source which can't pass a fact check, to do a fact check.

• Overall, we rate the Washington Examiner Right Biased based on editorial positions that almost exclusively favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks.

Biden’s accusations.

“Let us commit here tonight that the full faith and credit of the United States of America will never, ever be questioned. So my — many of — some of my Republican friends want to take the economy hostage — I get it — unless I agree to their economic plans. All of you at home should know what those plans are. Instead of making the wealthy pay their fair share, some Republicans — some Republicans want Medicare and Social Security to sunset. I’m not saying it’s a majority.” — President Joe Biden, State of the Union address.

Biden’s claim that Republicans have pushed for an end to Medicare and Social Security during debt ceiling negotiations is false.

In fact, Republicans had explicitly said neither program is up for discussion as they consider which spending cuts to demand in exchange for their support of raising the debt limit.

no no, Republicans just want to reform Medicare and Social Security and help regular people. Hello LOL

Forum List

Back