Facebook Upholds Trump Ban

What's hilarious is that Rump & his minions are working overtime to silence Liz Cheney for the awful crime of speaking out against the fuhrer and yet...Rump is wining that he is being silenced for speaking his own version of the truth!

Trumptards are so cute.

You have to be a team. You can't have a football team where 10 people think the ball should go forward and one person who tries to move it back. She wants to spew forth her hate, fine. But she has no right to try to bring the entire party down when she does it. She can go do it on her own.
In other words...principles don't matter. You could be fiscally and socially conservative but if you go against the Fuhrer, you are toast?

Another poor soul that is finding this out the hard way is Mike Pence. The guy was all-in for the dear leader every hour of every day for the last 4 years but one strike (refused to do Rump's bidding) and he too is toast.

Yeah, I will say it again. Trumptards are so cute. Morons, of course, but cute.

If you want to go against the leader of the republican party, then yes, you can go do that while registered as a democrat. We have enough RINOS. We don't need another one.
In other words, don't go against the dear leader? Spoken like a true fascist. Heil!!!

The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.

The board announced Wednesday morning that Facebook needed to decide within six months how long Trump’s suspension would last, or if it would be permanent.

The Advisory Board is definitely not a rubber stamp, either. It suggested some changes many of us felt were in order for a long time:

The initial round of decisions — which touched on alleged hate speech, coronavirus misinformation and references to dangerous organizations — signaled that the board would demand greater clarity from Facebook about its policies, as well as transparency. Before Wednesday’s decision, the board had overturned Facebook’s decisions six times, upheld them twice, and was unable to complete a ruling once.

/——/ Dementia Joe is putting the gag order on his staff. Of course if Trump ever did this… https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/a...s-media&year=2021&month=05&date=11&id=1020925

To be honest, I'm not crazy about the likes of Mark Zuckerberg being the one who deciding which speech is acceptable to society.

But in our system, free speech becomes unprotected when it presents a public danger, and history tells us that if anti-democratic speech isn't roundly rejected by the society, it becomes a pathway for authoritarians to bring down the very democracy that protects it. So far, an embarrassing number of our fellow Americans aren't roundly rejecting a thing.

So, the corporations are stepping up.

To be honest, I'm not crazy about the likes of Mark Zuckerberg being the one who deciding which speech is acceptable to society.

But in our system, free speech becomes unprotected when it presents a public danger, and history tells us that if anti-democratic speech isn't roundly rejected by the society, it becomes a pathway for authoritarians to bring down the very democracy that protects it. So far, an embarrassing number of our fellow Americans aren't roundly rejecting a thing.

no corporation should be but now we have corporations determining law. the people who used to be SCREW THE MAN are suddenly happy to help them gain profit over people. but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" works until you see the rest of the sentence in "until our enemy is gone then he becomes my master'.

very strange shortsighted people out there taking good care of their ID.

The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.

The board announced Wednesday morning that Facebook needed to decide within six months how long Trump’s suspension would last, or if it would be permanent.

The Advisory Board is definitely not a rubber stamp, either. It suggested some changes many of us felt were in order for a long time:

The initial round of decisions — which touched on alleged hate speech, coronavirus misinformation and references to dangerous organizations — signaled that the board would demand greater clarity from Facebook about its policies, as well as transparency. Before Wednesday’s decision, the board had overturned Facebook’s decisions six times, upheld them twice, and was unable to complete a ruling once.

they are definarely rubber stamps

i've posted several times comments from the board - maybe they got lost in the great forum rebuild of 5/10/21. :)

the board did not uphold the ban. they are saying facebook rules are all over the place and very subjective against certain people.

those posts got ignored for some reason. :)

What's hilarious is that Rump & his minions are working overtime to silence Liz Cheney for the awful crime of speaking out against the fuhrer and yet...Rump is wining that he is being silenced for speaking his own version of the truth!

Trumptards are so cute.

You have to be a team. You can't have a football team where 10 people think the ball should go forward and one person who tries to move it back. She wants to spew forth her hate, fine. But she has no right to try to bring the entire party down when she does it. She can go do it on her own.
I don't see Cheney as a hater. Since when does one person voicing her opinion bring down a whole party? Just how fragile must that party be that it can't accomodate any dissent? And Cheney is NOT trying to bring down conservatism by any stretch of the imagination. Look at her voting record.
She sees that the Emperor wears no clothes. It has nothing to do with conservative policy, and in the end, this error of yours is what will bring the T**** movement down.

Neither does Zuck. LOL
But the Advisory Board wouldn't make the decision for him--threw it right back in his lap.

How so when they overturn FB decisions three times more than agree?

Trumptards are so cute.

I don't see Cheney as a hater. Since when does one person voicing her opinion bring down a whole party? Just how fragile must that party be that it can't accomodate any dissent? And Cheney is NOT trying to bring down conservatism by any stretch of the imagination. Look at her voting record.
She sees that the Emperor wears no clothes. It has nothing to do with conservative policy, and in the end, this error of yours is what will bring the T**** movement down.

She is in a LEADERSHIP role. If the people she is leading have no faith in her or confidence in her, she has to go. It's not about her disagreeing with Trump.

All depends on what your perspective of what proper or free speech is. Then it comes down to how many of you are out there agreeing with you. If you are of a minority view, then that's when you and other's like you attempt to sensor free speech, and this is in order to try and gain an outcome that you and other's who are like you want.

FB is outlived its use. IF you use it, your private data is gone to whomever pays the best price.
Well said. I should learn from you and reduce my typical verbosity to keep it specific and to the point as you modeled.

I failed even there! Lol I couldn’t leave it alone with just saying-keep it specific- but had to add “and to the point” argh!

New Topics

Forum List

Back