Facebook reveals new rules to limit streamed events

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017

and people are in an uproar.

sorry - everyone screamed and hollered at facebook to choose - platform or publisher. so it looks like they have chosen publisher. while whatever they do will be some morph of today and their version of tomorrow, rest assured social media of yesterday is dead.

just because you demand change, doesn't mean you can choose said changes.

the left should understand that by now.

I tried to watch a Cody Jinks performance on faceplant a couple months ago- he had so many viewers it crashed the server hosting :omg:

I tried to watch a Cody Jinks performance on faceplant a couple months ago- he had so many viewers it crashed the server hosting :omg:
well i just don't think that fits their business model. if people are going to stream then they will control it and charge for it. the days of "free streaming" are done. at least to the mass audience.

facebook seems to be counting on these services competing with youtube and others. but the problem comes back to reach.they are so busy chasing people away from FB and if they are truly dumping *ever account that has ever been banned before* (yep, in their new Terms of Service) then they also cut the reach people will be paying for.

to date, i have *never* gotten a positive impact from facebook ads. given the # of fake accounts they do have, there is no guarantee the #'s you hit are even people. then, their ads are 50% scams at times and no way to turn them in or take action against it.

facebook is growing up as a petulant child and about to discover they are in fact replacible.

I hope that this doesn't have a negative impact on the live performance that is done by my most favorite singer who is still here, James Otto that is. I have already heard him tell about there being a restriction on his ability to sing songs that were done first by other singers.....actually actor Bronson Pinchot is my most favorite singer, but of course, singing is not what the beautiful precious is known for.

God bless you and him and James always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back