Facebook, new activity?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
For the past three or four days, when I scroll down in FB, the program (?) keeps stuffing new material onto the feed, as I scroll down. In order to continue from the same point, I have to scroll back UP to the last thing I looked at.

Is this something they are doing, or have I inadvertently changed my settings? It's not a big deal, but it's a little irritating.

For the past three or four days, when I scroll down in FB, the program (?) keeps stuffing new material onto the feed, as I scroll down. In order to continue from the same point, I have to scroll back UP to the last thing I looked at.

Is this something they are doing, or have I inadvertently changed my settings? It's not a big deal, but it's a little irritating.

WHAT? You say you are on FB????

Well thats a bummer!

You always seemed intelligent to me. What a let down.

I quit fb for a while then got back on. I never made one comment and suddenly I'm banned for violating their bullshit terms of service.

It's been doing that to me for months.

:dunno:

Never had any interest in FarceBull or Twatter.

A few years ago, my sister badgered me for almost a whole year to get on FB.
Finally, to shut her up, I did.

LITERALLY as SOON as I clicked that last "enter" button..............all of a sudden EVERYTHING PRIVATE ON MY PC WAS BEING LOADED ONTO MY FB PAGE! Photos, phone numbers, addresses, etc............and I had made CERTAIN I wanted a PRIVATE account without ANY autoloading of ANY of my information!!!!

I yanked the plug out of the wall to shut down my pc in the middle of it doing this.

Got a new pc and destroyed that one.

NEVER again will I touch "social media" Communist sites!

I had a coworker that thought her personal information was safe, being on FB.
I told her I can find out anything I want about her, BECAUSE she's on FB. She laughed at me.
So I showed her. Just within 5 minutes of searching online, I found out her FULL name, her AGE, her husbands FULL name, HIS age, their addresses they've lived at since the 80's, ALL of her kids names and address, when they were married, WHERE they were married, and some other stuff.

She cried all day long.

It's an FB thing and as I scroll thru, up or down the content sometimes changes from what was there just a second ago. I think the program is trying to decide what you should be looking at........as in 'suggested for you'. IOW, you see stuff that is based on your online activity that is different from what others see...........and then people say AI isn't that far advanced. I call BS.

Not only that, but whenever typing a post, I get suggested words or phrases to finish my sentence. Doesn't matter what site I'm on either.

My FB feed includes several "groups" that I have voluntarily joined, and while there are a lot of morons posting, there are also some fairly insightful people posting interesting thoughts. As for privacy, I really don't give a shit.

The phenomenon mentioned above is getting worse. I think it just started a few days ago. It makes scrolling more tedious.

Fuck Facebook.
100% .

With exceptions where you like to keep in contact with people far away , ill etc

Otherwise it is a three letter agency ruse for surveillance and manipulation .

Pure poison .

USMB does the same thing when I'm on my iPhone and it's annoying.

100% .

With exceptions where you like to keep in contact with people far away , ill etc

Otherwise it is a three letter agency ruse for surveillance and manipulation .

Pure poison .
When I want to keep in contact I write letters (emails) or call people. It works great. I always saw social media platforms an emerging evil and poison, like you said. That's why I never boarded that train and never will. I'm not missing out on anything and don't have the distractions that modern people have being glued to those things 24/7/365.25.

Forum List

Back