Facebook Moves to Ban Private Gun Sales on Its Site and Instagram

As more company's feel the pressure to distance themselves from being involved in private untraceable sales the better

The ban applies to private, person-to-person sales of guns, though not to posts by licensed gun dealers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/30/technology/facebook-gun-sales-ban.html?smid=fb-share

That will help the gun shops out immensely. It is a lie that there is a loophole. All gun purchases that take place over the internet MUST be transferred through a licensed gun dealer, but that would be a fact, and progressives don't do facts.

It is a lie that there is a loophole. All gun purchases that take place over the internet MUST be transferred through a licensed gun dealer, <snip>

And that is a fact, Jack. Any online gun auction site that would to not insist upon FFL transfers would be arrested WAY quicker than Bundy and shot down faster than LaVoy.

Please don't introduce facts when correcting a liberal anti-gun nut. It only confuses them and they might get mad and threaten to hold their breath until they turn blue.

Facebook is well within its rights to do so. I don't agree with their decision, but I don't have to. It's what makes America great.

As more company's feel the pressure to distance themselves from being involved in private untraceable sales the better

The ban applies to private, person-to-person sales of guns, though not to posts by licensed gun dealers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/30/technology/facebook-gun-sales-ban.html?smid=fb-share

That will help the gun shops out immensely. It is a lie that there is a loophole. All gun purchases that take place over the internet MUST be transferred through a licensed gun dealer, but that would be a fact, and progressives don't do facts.

You're right, there's no loophole, but there's no law saying that a sell, on the internet, between two private citizens doesn't require a background check.

facebook

--LOL

who the fuck cares

got myself a nice used Remington 742 30-06 yesterday

perfect condition

Then I guess gun nuts should have no problem with Facebook doing this. Move along now.

Ha none at all. For one it's a private company they can do as they please.

Second...as several pointed out...we constantly have to educate you idiot libs on weapons.

And finally....when will we close the GHETTO LOOPHOLE??? I'd wager that 10x more guns, at least, trade hands in the black market of America's ghettos than any gun show could ever have.

Then I guess gun nuts should have no problem with Facebook doing this. Move along now.

Second...as several pointed out...we constantly have to educate you idiot libs on weapons.

And finally....when will we close the GHETTO LOOPHOLE??? I'd wager that 10x more guns, at least, trade hands in the black market of America's ghettos than any gun show could ever have.
Cool you have no problem good. The rest of your post is deranged.

Cool you have no problem good. The rest of your post is deranged.

Is it? So you're saying the ghettos are NOT the #1 source of black market, no background check gun exchanges???

You're right, there's no loophole, but there's no law saying that a sell, on the internet, between two private citizens doesn't require a background check.

If they reside in separate States that is not true, and in certain States it is a requirement no matter what. California for instance. And surprise surprise (well not really) it has had no effect on the criminals who commit crimes with guns.

If they reside in separate States that is not true, and in certain States it is a requirement no matter what. California for instance. And surprise surprise (well not really) it has had no effect on the criminals who commit crimes with guns.

Here where I live, those laws don't exist. It isn't even a requirement that a gun be registered to me when it's in my possession.

Here where I live, those laws don't exist. It isn't even a requirement that a gun be registered to me when it's in my possession.

Nor where I live. Funnily enough we are right next to California and have no where near the crime problem.

Nor where I live. Funnily enough we are right next to California and have no where near the crime problem.

We don't either, which is another example of why gun control laws don't work.

Nope...they are a private business.....but I do wonder......where does Zuckerbergs private security get all of their guns?

Nope...they are a private business.....but I do wonder......where does Zuckerbergs private security get all of their guns?
Not really relevant. Glad you don't care though :thup:

Yes it is relevant......I am sure it is incredibly relevant to zuckerberg that his private security force have the latest and best guns that his money can guy....while the nurse walking to her car from the train station...well.....she might enjoy the rough sex of a rape...right?

Not really relevant. Glad you don't care though :thup:

Yes it is relevant......I am sure it is incredibly relevant to zuckerberg that his private security force have the latest and best guns that his money can guy....while the nurse walking to her car from the train station...well.....she might enjoy the rough sex of a rape...right?
Wow what a creepy thing to say. Who knows where they get their guns? But it won't be through Facebook :thup:

Forum List

Back