Facebook deletes new Lara Trump Interview of President Trump. Is it really 1984?

I think the First Amendment is clear

You must protect all speech, even speech that is unpopular
The first amendment is extremely clear that it refers to the government, not social media platforms.

Imaging going into a restaurant and harassing other patrons and whining when you’re kicked out.

It's just a prohibition on government passing laws that prohibit free speech. Of course, the point is that it doesn't apply to privately owned platforms. At all.
Yeah right

And civil rights laws only apply to the Federal government and not the private private sector, right?

It's just a prohibition on government passing laws that prohibit free speech. Of course, the point is that it doesn't apply to privately owned platforms. At all.
Yeah right

Yes. It is right. Conservatives used to understand this.

And civil rights laws only apply to the Federal government and not the private private sector, right?

They should only apply to the Federal government. They overstep that though, and, most of them, should be repealed for that reason. Are you citing those laws as justification for your plans to seek vengeance on FB and Twitter for banning Trump?

Last edited:
You said the first amendment and now you’re taking about civil rights laws. Those are different topics. Like, you get that right? The first amendment protects speech from government. It doesn’t protect it from social media.

Furthermore, civil rights laws don’t protect harassment in the private sector.

Yeah right

They should only apply to the Federal government. They overstep that though, and, most of them, should be repealed for that reason. Are you citing those laws as justification for your plans to seek vengeance on FB and Twitter for banning Trump?
Oh my

I’ve uncovered an absolute no holds barred libertarian

And I respect your uncompromising position but I dont agree with it

Yeah right

Oh my

I’ve uncovered an absolute no holds barred libertarian

And I respect your uncompromising position but I dont agree with it
Of course not. You're an authoritarian - exactly the opposite.

The question remains: Are you citing those laws as justification for your plans to seek vengeance on FB and Twitter for banning Trump?

You're an authoritarian - exactly the opposite.
In comparison to you I certainly am because I believe in the rule of law

Oh, we know it's more than that. But the question still remains: Are you citing ill-conceived civil rights laws as justification for your plans to seek vengeance on FB and Twitter for banning Trump?

Are you citing ill-conceived civil rights laws as justification for your plans to seek vengeance on FB and Twitter for banning Trump?
Well yeah, I suppose I am

You do know that federal civil rights laws apply to states and individuals dont you?

Are you citing ill-conceived civil rights laws as justification for your plans to seek vengeance on FB and Twitter for banning Trump?
Well yeah, I suppose I am

You do know that federal civil rights laws apply to states and individuals dont you?
I do.

Do you think these kinds of laws are Constitutional? To be clear, I'm not asking if the Court has deemed them so - I'm asking if you think they are a valid application of Federal power? Should government have the power to force you to accommodate others against your will?

I'm asking if you think they are a valid application of Federal power?
In many cases no

I think companies should have the fight to hire whoever they think will make the best employees

But that debate was settled in the supreme court decades ago and we lost

We must deal with the world as it is not as we wish it were

But that debate was settled in the supreme court decades ago and we lost

We must deal with the world as it is not as we wish it were

That's not a justification for making it worse.

You're pushing the law in the wrong direction for petty revenge and/or short term political gain. lf you guys get your way, if you get the feds more involved in regulating social media - it will be used against you.

It is for me

Any game liberals can invent conservatives can lean to play

Right. That's the problem. Neither party cares about he good of the nation. They're both pissing away our rights for short term political gain. They both suck. Hard.
I understand that libertarians are very hard to please so I won't try to change you mind

I wish it were not so, but I know I have to deal with the world as it is not as I think it should be

But good luck to you on your quest

It is for me

Any game liberals can invent conservatives can lean to play

Right. That's the problem. Neither party cares about he good of the nation. They're both pissing away our rights for short term political gain. They both suck. Hard.
I understand that libertarians are very hard to please so I won't try to change you mind

I wish it were not so, but I know I have to deal with the world as it is not as I think it should be

But good luck to you on your quest

Dodging won't help. You're actively pursuing policies that will make things worse - all in the name of your stupid partisan pissing match.

sometimes, when everyone in the world hates you, it's because you're a singularly perceptive iconoclast assailing the hypocrisy of the system.

other times, when the world hates you, it's because you're a racist asshole

which one is Trump?

Forum List

Back