Extreme Snowflakery

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
So Joe Biden sez he is going to appoint a black chick to join the Supremes. This causes much butt hurt in the anti-CRT army, and one particular libertarian, Ilya Shapiro, who was recently recruited by Georgetown Law, was prompted to make the following tweets:

shapiro-tweets.jpg

And the snowflakes at Georgetown LOSE it. Bigly.

The words "lesser black woman" (horrible choice of words, yes) sent them into full meltdown and the black students staged an old school sit-in.

Wait. This gets really, really good. You'll be glad you read this whole thing.

The dean of Georgetown tried to appease the mob by announcing he was placing Shapiro on administrative leave for his insensitive tweets.

Oh no, you bastard. Not. Good. Enough.

A sit-in was staged by the Black Law Student Association of Georgetown Law.

The dean spent an hour trying to appease the students even more.

The dean, striking an apologetic tone, echoed the language of the activists in the crowd, assuring the assembled students that he was “appalled” by the “painful” nature of Shapiro’s tweets and promising to “listen,” “learn” and ultimately “do better.” But he also seemed to be attempting to appease the students without committing to any definitive disciplinary action for Shapiro. “Since we’re a private institution, the First Amendment doesn’t apply to us,” he said. “It’s not the First Amendment that’s the university’s guideline.” But “on the other hand, the university does have a free speech and expression policy which binds us.”

The mob was hungry. They didn't want just Shapiro canceled, they wanted the very institution at which he was hired to work at canceled!

“You can do as much diversity training as you want with staff,” she continued. “But I feel like that Center has a certain ideology . . . so I really want you to defend why we really need it, beyond, like, you know, free speech, and beyond diversity of opinion. I really want us to think critically about why we still need it.”

BOING!!!!

Now it gets really delicious.

The students obviously missed some of their classes during the sit-in. And sooooo...

At another juncture, a student demanded that the dean cover for the classes that the activists had missed as a result of the sit-in, suggesting that the move should be part of a “reparations” package for black students.

Yeah.

But wait! There's more!

She followed up by insisting that students be given a designated place on campus to cry. “Is there an office they can go to?” she asked. “I don’t know what it would look like, but if they want to cry, if they need to break down, where can they go? Because we’re at a point where students are coming out of class to go to the bathroom to cry.”

“And this is not in the future,” she added. “This is today.”

Read the whole hilarious thing here:

Last edited:
Once again using the term wrong.

Where did Shapiro react as if the opinion hurt him?

Where is Shapiro trying to shut down any opinion other than his?

It's amazing how much the term hurts the left that they have to try to co-opt the definition.

"I really want you to defend why we really need it, beyond, like, you know, free speech, and beyond diversity of opinion."

Just ponder how dangerous a mindset that is.

The Left has completely given up their commitment to "tolerance". And free speech. And diversity.

Once again using the term wrong.

Where did Shapiro react as if the opinion hurt him?

Where is Shapiro trying to shut down any opinion other than his?

It's amazing how much the term hurts the left that they have to try to co-opt the definition.

Agree!
It's quite niggardly of them.

You really have to wonder why so many are just sure that women and people of color are not equal to whites and white men. If they felt that the races and genders were equal they would not be so in favor of lowering standards and even making sure to point out that they are doing it

You really have to wonder why so many are just sure that women and people of color are not equal to whites and white men. If they felt that the races and genders were equal they would not be so in favor of lowering standards and even making sure to point out that they are doing it

...or believe that they're raising standards!
Two sides of the same coin of discrimination.

"I really want you to defend why we really need it, beyond, like, you know, free speech, and beyond diversity of opinion."

Just ponder how dangerous a mindset that is.

The Left has completely given up their commitment to "tolerance". And free speech. And diversity.

Whoops, misunderstood you, thought you were calling Shapiro a snowflake

Forum List

Back