Extreme makeover

casper4020322

Dec 20, 2009
Right now I've got Extreme Makeover on and it's about a woman who is dying of colon cancer and it is so sad. Tears are running from my eyes b/c this young woman has a husband, children is a teacher and yet is fighting for her life. I pray that God will cure her illness and not take her away from her family. The people of Extreme Makeover are going to renovate her house (which is full of mold, etc) and in the meantime, she and her family are being sent to Disneyland. I am a God-fearing person and when I see a story on tv like this it brings out the side of me that forgets about my 'minority' problems.

Last edited:
Try getting a call from them on Halloween asking for your mom, I thought it was a joke and asked if they were really a producer from the show. :lol:
My mom ended up donating a rounding board for a girls carrousel room, in the episode where mold took over their house in Seattle.

My family is having cancer shit going on too. It's hard. But it's about positivity. Gotta be positive. My mother , grandmother, and grandfather all have cancer right now, and they took a tour of a children's cancer ward. And they came back changed, those children were so positive, so strong, it just wore off on them.

My dad died of cancer in 1972...I was 16. I am an only child and he was my heart so losing him was devastating!! My mother died of an anerism (stroke) in1980 and since she was my lifeline I would have fallen apart if not for my boyfriend Joe who I married shortly thereafter and stayed with for over 20 yrs. He passed away from heart failure in 2007. I am alone now except for my cat Casper and I do not have any expectations of being with anyone else.

Forum List

Back