Exterminate All The Brutes

ProfessorHawthorne

Mar 22, 2021
I was up late one night last week and came across this show on HBO. I started watching it and about 15 minutes in I thought "Is this some kind of parody?" I had found myself chuckling at some of scenes and it seemed even more comical as you listened to the narration - all very muted, serious sounding - like maybe coverage of the second coming.

Well, no it's not a parody - it's a full-on woke fest. Two more episodes followed the one I was watching and the intent is dead serious. This, of course, made it even more humorous. If you are student of world history, I want to warn you off - you'll be tearing your hair out. The omissions and misrepresentations will drive you nuts.

In a nutshell, exploration, conquest, colonization and slavery are a singularly, unique construct of 16th century western Europeans.
You must dismiss a few millennia of world history - you know, those Romans, Egyptians and those Khan guys. You have to ignore the established slave trade in West Africa BEFORE the Europeans arrived. Misrepresentations abound. My favorite was about the Haiti uprising around 1800. They go to great lengths to describe how these "noble and brave savages" defeated Napoleon's army and threw off the shackles of oppression.
Unfortunately, it's a well known fact even in American history that over 85% of the French soldiers died from yellow fever. The fiasco made Napoleon decide to get out of the New World and that led to our Louisiana Purchase.

You know how much better things would be now if those white European devils had just stayed put. We could all be living in sod houses with a thatched roof, eating spoiled meat around a stump table illuminated by a tallow candle. Wouldn't it be great? No roads, infrastructure, no clean water systems, no sewage systems, no electricity - a virtual utopia - oh. wait they already have that utopia in a number nations - especially those not visited by those pesky Europeans.

Anyway, if you feel the need to be "guilted" and you can suspend any real knowledge of history and I mean ALL of history, this is the series for you.

Cheers

One of the commonalities of the Progressives is their hate driven dishonesty.
The sad thing about is that they are teaching children to hate each other and themselves.
The Left is mining the divide not mending race relations.
And, it is being done on purpose in their quest for hegemony power.

One of the commonalities of the Progressives is their hate driven dishonesty.
The sad thing about is that they are teaching children to hate each other and themselves.
The Left is mining the divide not mending race relations.
And, it is being done on purpose in their quest for hegemony power.

That's some message you're selling.

One of the most insidious forms of entertainment in our culture is the "document-drama" or "historical fiction."

The writers and producers purport to be portraying history, but they take huge liberties with the facts and in the process indoctrinate the ignorant public with falsehoods and mis-impressions.

Seriously, they should come with a warning label, like cigarettes.

WARNING: the events depicted in this production are only loosely connected with the actual history, and should not be relied on for any serious purpose. If the viewer wants to know the real history, s/he should look it up.

I challenge any of you to point out inaccuracies in the 4 part, 4 hour documentary. There is nothing that will get a Trump supporter foaming and frothing like any mention of white supremacy, even if there is 400 years of evidence to back up this assertion.

But, as the Dumbing Down of America is represented by poorly educated conservatives, a new medium has come along and has allowed these same people to get their "news" from exclusively rightwing sources, all of which are either moderately biased, extremely biased, or just downright deliberately inaccurate with their reporting, so much so that the history explored in that 4 hour documentary is almost completely unknown to the person who started this thread, as well as millions of other Americans.

Forum List

Back