Exploited Amazon (Nat Geo Fan-Fiction!)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a socially conscious National Geographic 'fanfiction' about Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) crusading in the suffering Amazon rainforest as natives fight hydroelectric dam establishing American Energy (AE) dollars.

Ain't liberalism dart-mouth?

====

Daily Bugle photojournalist Peter Parker was investigating the reports that the native tribe of the Nabo was dissatisfied with the construction of the ambitious new American Energy (AE) company hydroelectric dam in the Amazon rainforest area. The Nabo was a humble people of primitive living in the Amazon, and AE's dam invaded their way of life. That's why the Daily Bugle (DB) sent the valiant Peter Parker to take photos and record stories about the company executives and employees dealing with the Nabo and the AE dam in the Amazon!

spider4.jpg

PETER PARKER: I believe that Nabo are dealing with the American Energy dam and blood diamond traffic going into Amazonia.

buff24.jpg

Parker noticed the AE dam company's computerized office in the Amazon was quite sophisticated. There was a layered glassed area of computerization and tech. All the company controls were centered in that office in the Amazon. Peter realized that if the Nabo sought to invade or terrorize this tech office, they'd need to slip through the tri-layer of computer-secured door locks. This was advanced rainforest tech management in the Amazon, and the Nabo were afraid!

spider5.jpg

American anthropologist Mary Jane was also in the Amazon at the time taking testimonies of the Nabo and why they despised AE's hydroelectric dam, despite its claimed and marketed eco-efficient properties. Mary Jane had studied the Nabo since she was in high-school, when her anthropology class sent her on a field trip there to investigate the Nabo's grudges against modern American corporation interests. Now that Mary Jane was an adult woman, she was fully committed to this Nabo crusade, and the Nabo now respected her as a lifelong democratic advocate!

spider10.jpg

MARY JANE: My daughter Dasha likes it here too, and I think we're here to simply give the Nabo a voice about habitation.

aer9.jpg

Now, the Nabo were a humble people who wore very scant clothing made from natural materials gathered from the Amazon. They didn't study tech or computers. They went fishing and gathered fruits and veggies for campfire nourishment. They trekked around the Amazon. Now, they're as eccentric or normal if you like as any other human group like, say, Texan-Americans, but the Nabo simply feel encroached upon by this ambitious new AE dam, and that's why Peter Parker took their photos and recorded their stories for the Bugle in the USA!

spider3.jpg

PETER PARKER: This will be a great trophy for both the Bugle and also for Nat-Geo, which is using Mary Jane as its diplomat.

spider9.jpg

DOCTOR OCTOPUS: I'm going to the Amazon too, to destroy this dam, now that my mecha-tentacles made in my lab are perfect.

spider11.jpg

Doctor Octopus, formerly Dr. Otto Octavian of CalTech, had perfected his computerized brain-controlled cybernetic system of body-attached devastating mecha-tentacles, rendering him as a super-mutant of great agility and power. As Doctor Octopus, Octavian sought to invade the Amazon and not only destroy the AE dam but also colonize the Nabo so they'd never again be invaded by a Western force. You see, Octavian believed the best way to help these primitives was to become their ruling 'god' of sorts. That's why Peter Parker recognized the evil darkness of Dr. Octopus' scheme and then Peter Parker transformed himself into the costumed vigilante Spider-Man. Note: Peter had obtained superhuman wall-crawling and soaring skills like a spider and the superhuman ability to shoot tangling webs from his wrists after being accidentally bitten by an experimental genetically enhanced 'super-spider' inside the new NYC sci-firm Oscorp, when Parker was sent there on a photo assignment by the Bugle two years ago. Now, Peter/Spider-Man soared into the Octopus headquarters to save both the hostage Mary Jane and stop Dr. Octopus from using recruited Nabo henchmen to create total Amazon fascism!

spider1.jpg

DAILY BUGLE: We believe all this Amazon super-heroism will inspire a new generation of comic book folk-tales!

spider7.jpg

PETER/SPIDER-MAN: I think Dr. Octopus needs to be given a special Spidey-shock to remind himself of the evil of colonialism.

spider2.jpg

MARY JANE: The Bugle was right to imagine all this Amazon heroics would create new legions of comic book fanfare.

spider8.jpg

DOCTOR OCTOPUS: Spider-Man is disrupting all my notations, so I'll have to depart for Denmark for now.

spider6.jpg

When Peter Parker returned to NYC with rescued Amazon hostage Mary Jane and her daughter Dasha, he wrote a Bugle story about the modernism symbolism behind the consumerism marketing of eco-themed American toy water-guns and why they symbolized new age capitalism paranoia!

aero12.jpg

The Daily Bugle meanwhile continued to publish its offbeat and timely stories about modernism traffic.

spider12.jpg

PETER/SPIDER-MAN: Modern evils require modern phrases.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back