Explaining Conservatives

So....since you didn't squeal like a pig...as whenever I use the term 'slut,' .....we agree that Fluke could be referred to as a 'courtesan'?

You like that one better....courtesan, rather than slut?

Uh oh.....you may not like this:

"They were above streetwalkers, prostitutes, madams and lorettes. They were the upper tier and they had very elegant lifestyles. Courtesans were basically mistresses. They were supported by wealthy men who provided them with anything they could ever want." https://www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/rschwart/hist255-s01/courtesans/defining-the-courtesan.htm

"...don't care."

Wow....this is quite the retreat from your earlier position!

Don't give up now....when we're having so much fun!

You throw her a bone and she woofs.

I won the argument. Do you have anything else? No?

Yeah....I do.

It's not over for you and Fluke yet.

Oh, okay...

Yeah, Sandra will probably be a 6 figure attorney for the next 30-40 years. I've stated several times that if I knew Ms. Fluke, I'd probably find her annoying...single issue people (as she seems to be) rub me the wrong way but I'm sure she'll have a fantastic career; sort of like Gloria Allred (sp?).

As for me, my Fidelity IRAs are doing kick-ass.

Your 18-20 hour shifts here aren't probably paying you as much, am I right jumbo?

So....since you didn't squeal like a pig...as whenever I use the term 'slut,' .....we agree that Fluke could be referred to as a 'courtesan'?

You like that one better....courtesan, rather than slut?

Uh oh.....you may not like this:

"They were above streetwalkers, prostitutes, madams and lorettes. They were the upper tier and they had very elegant lifestyles. Courtesans were basically mistresses. They were supported by wealthy men who provided them with anything they could ever want." https://www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/rschwart/hist255-s01/courtesans/defining-the-courtesan.htm

A whole lot of words up there...some may even be in English.

I think this sums up my position perfectly:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNOZYL1xrGc]Very Best Of Frasier Crane - YouTube[/ame]

You throw her a bone and she woofs.

I won the argument. Do you have anything else? No?

Yeah....I do.

Oh, okay...

Yeah, Sandra will probably be a 6 figure attorney for the next 30-40 years. I've stated several times that if I knew Ms. Fluke, I'd probably find her annoying...single issue people (as she seems to be) rub me the wrong way but I'm sure she'll have a fantastic career; sort of like Gloria Allred (sp?).

Your 18-20 hour shifts here aren't probably paying you as much, am I right jumbo?

Wow!

Just....wow.

I've seen this before...other times when I've been whaling on an opponent in a debate...especially an addle-brained opponent such as you....the most ridiculous stuff comes out of their mouths.....

Here I've depicted Fluke as the low-life she is.....and you haven't denied that she is a 'courtesan'....

...and what is your response????

You wanna know how much money I make?????

I mean....really.....is that the most stupid comment you could make?

Really.

So....you're actually throwing in the towel?

You gonna leave it like that????

Yeah....I do.

Oh, okay...

Wow!

Just....wow.

I've seen this before...other times when I've been whaling on an opponent in a debate...especially an addle-brained opponent such as you....the most ridiculous stuff comes out of their mouths.....
I would suspect that usually you are the target when the subject is whaling there Jumbo.

Here I've depicted Fluke as the low-life she is.....and you haven't denied that she is a 'courtesan'....
Nor have I given two shits how you've attempted to depict Ms. Fluke since you're obviously a classless moron--teaching kids the "slut" word as you said you did.

...and what is your response????
A yawn and movement to more lively conversation...think of your last dates...a yawn an movement to simply more interesting folks.

You wanna know how much money I make?????
If it's more than subsistance, you're overpaid

I mean....really.....is that the most stupid comment you could make?
"most stupid"...That is hilarious.

Yes, you're hilarious when you're not being repulsive. And all the while, you try to carry yourself as some sort of sage provider of insight.... You're basically garbage.

I won the argument days ago. That you're reviving this long settled "debate" is basically a testament to the detestable slut you are for punishment. Bring it on...whatever it is...

I would have to care what you think to be affected by what you think...right? You seem bent out of shape that someone called you a bullshit artist and garbage; both accurate since, in the case of the former, conservatives don't know what's going on as you contended in the OP as you were surprised by the election results, and in the latter by your saying that you'd teach kids the word "slut".

Seriously, come back with anything....I'm immune from your demagoguery because A) I won and B) I don't care what you think. Those are simply the facts. You've shown yourself to be low information and low character. Put another way: I>U

Try an experiment honey. Start one of your 10,000 character OPs except around the 7,500 character, stop your pointless diatribe and start quoting a Joni Mitchell song....don't telegraph it...just launch into (what I'm sure would be apropos for your idiocy--Send in the Clowns-- then continue your droning idiocy and see if more than 3 of your "followers" notice. I would be shocked if anyone mentioned it.

Oh, okay...

Wow!

Just....wow.

I would suspect that usually you are the target when the subject is whaling there Jumbo.

Nor have I given two shits how you've attempted to depict Ms. Fluke since you're obviously a classless moron--teaching kids the "slut" word as you said you did.

A yawn and movement to more lively conversation...think of your last dates...a yawn an movement to simply more interesting folks.

Yes, you're hilarious when you're not being repulsive. And all the while, you try to carry yourself as some sort of sage provider of insight.... You're basically garbage.

I won the argument days ago. That you're reviving this long settled "debate" is basically a testament to the detestable slut you are for punishment. Bring it on...whatever it is...

I would have to care what you think to be affected by what you think...right? You seem bent out of shape that someone called you a bullshit artist and garbage; both accurate since, in the case of the former, conservatives don't know what's going on as you contended in the OP as you were surprised by the election results, and in the latter by your saying that you'd teach kids the word "slut".

Seriously, come back with anything....I'm immune from your demagoguery because A) I won and B) I don't care what you think. Those are simply the facts. You've shown yourself to be low information and low character. Put another way: I>U

Try an experiment honey. Start one of your 10,000 character OPs except around the 7,500 character, stop your pointless diatribe and start quoting a Joni Mitchell song....don't telegraph it...just launch into (what I'm sure would be apropos for your idiocy--Send in the Clowns-- then continue your droning idiocy and see if more than 3 of your "followers" notice. I would be shocked if anyone mentioned it.

Great!

Let's remind all that, rather than winning any part of the debate...
.....you're on the batting end of a no-hitter....
....you've never been able to deny anything I said about slut's...er, Fluke's actions and claims.
Such as crying that she need some $3000 worth of bedroom accouterments, to accommodate her what-should-be private habits, from the federal fisc.....

Nor did the appellation 'courtesan' meet any objections from you.

Further, the laugh riot of demanding to know what I earn.....
...as if anything about my private life is your business....
...priceless!

And the only defense you've thrown out is faux outrage that I believe in teaching the meaning of words!
If that's not a posteriori proof of your insanity.....or perhaps stupidity....

Of course, I did teach you to avoid use of the gutter vocabulary you used earlier....and if the question of the meaning of even that term came up....you can be certain I'd explain both the term, and the low-lives who use it....
....you know, folks like you.

OK....ready for another of my 'home runs'?

Since we've agreed that Fluke is at the least a 'courtesan'......

...wait for it.....

Courtesan is synonymous with slut.....here:
Courtesan Synonyms, Courtesan Antonyms | Thesaurus.com

Right now you’re probably trying to brush something off your face…you didn’t realize it was the floor.

Last edited:
Wow!

Just....wow.

Great!

....you've never been able to deny anything I said about slut's...er, Fluke's actions and claims.
Such as crying that she need some $3000 worth of bedroom accouterments, to accommodate her what-should-be private habits, from the federal fisc.....

...priceless!

And the only defense you've thrown out is faux outrage that I believe in teaching the meaning of words!

Of course, I did teach you to avoid use of the gutter vocabulary you used earlier....and if the question of the meaning of even that term came up....you can be certain I'd explain both the term, and the low-lives who use it....

...wait for it.....

Right now you’re probably trying to brush something off your face…you didn’t realize it was the floor.

I've never demanded to know how much you make nor have I cared.
You're simply lying.

Ms. Fluke stated that contraception can cost $3,000. She never demanded you pay a cent of it.
You're simply lying.

We've never agreed on your characterization of Ms. Fluke.
You're simply lying

I've shown you to be wrong in the OP numerous times. You say I've failed.
You're simply lying.

You said that you use the word "slut" in front of kids and that there is nothing wrong wit that.

You're simply garbage.

That is the scoreboard. Again, I won days ago. To prove it...here...I won't post again until you post on this thread.The fact that you're going to come back and chase me proves that I've won. I crossed the finish line slutty and you're simply trying to say the race is still going on.

Again, you're simply lying which is your lone talent.

Great!

...priceless!

...wait for it.....

I've never demanded to know how much you make nor have I cared.
You're simply lying.

Ms. Fluke stated that contraception can cost $3,000. She never demanded you pay a cent of it.
You're simply lying.

We've never agreed on your characterization of Ms. Fluke.
You're simply lying

I've shown you to be wrong in the OP numerous times. You say I've failed.
You're simply lying.

You said that you use the word "slut" in front of kids and that there is nothing wrong wit that.

You're simply garbage.

That is the scoreboard. Again, I won days ago. To prove it...here...I won't post again until you post on this thread.The fact that you're going to come back and chase me proves that I've won. I crossed the finish line slutty and you're simply trying to say the race is still going on.

Again, you're simply lying which is your lone talent.

1. "I've never demanded to know how much you make nor have I cared."
You're simply lying."

You did write this, didn't you: "Your 18-20 hour shifts here aren't probably paying you as much, am I right jumbo?"

Caught you...you're a simpleton lying.

2. "Ms. Fluke stated that contraception can cost $3,000. She never demanded you pay a cent of it."

Let's see:
"...a message to the nation that contraception is basic health care. I was among them, and I was proud to share the stories of my friends at Georgetown Law who have suffered dire medical consequences because our student insurance does not cover contraception for the purpose of preventing pregnancy....Thanks to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, preventive care services, including contraception, will be covered...."
Lib Hero Sandra Fluke: Free Birth Control Is a Natural Human Right ? I Won?t Be Silenced | The Gateway Pundit
And when facilities increase the costs to pay for Fluke's bedroom items....all the rest of us will be paying.

Caught ya'...You're a simpleton lying.

3. "We've never agreed on your characterization of Ms. Fluke."
When I explained how Fluke fit the definition of 'courtesan'...you were silent.
Seems a clear admission.
You're a simpleton lying.

4. "I've shown you to be wrong in the OP numerous times. "
Only in your imagination.

5. "You said that you use the word "slut" in front of kids and that there is nothing wrong wit (sic) that."
Not true....the discussion was whether or not I defined the term. I do.

6. "You're simply garbage."
You are a loser. I am a goddess. Any questions?

7. "The fact that you're going to come back and chase me proves that I've won."
You make spanking you far too easy....here, watch this:
Which of us originated the thread?
So....who is chasing whom?

Hey....remember when I said "Right now you’re probably trying to brush something off your face…you didn’t realize it was the floor."

I realize that lying on the floor is probably not a new experience for you, huh?

Last edited:
CONSERVATIVES IN AMERICA -- LIKE MARRANOS IN MEDIEVAL SPAIN
A life of secrecy and fear for millions of Americans.
September 7, 2017

Dennis Prager
maimon-marrans.jpg

There is, of course, no Spanish Inquisition in America today — no one is being tortured into confessing what they really believe, and no one is being burned at the stake. But there are millions of Marrano-like Americans: Americans who hold conservative views — especially those who hold conservative positions on social issues and those who voted for Donald Trump for president.

Millions of Americans who hold conservative and/or pro-Trump views rationally fear ostracism by their peers, public humiliation, ruined reputations, broken families, job loss and the inability to work in their field. Under these circumstances, they have decided that coming out as conservative or pro-Trump is not worth the persecution they would endure.

In terms of the percentage of the population effected, there is no parallel in American history. Coming out as a homosexual prior to the 1960s and 70s, or publicly announcing oneself as a member of the Communist Party in the 1950s would have often led to similar dire consequences in one's social, work and family life. But gays and Communist Party members comprised a tiny percentage of the American population. And Communists supported true evil.

I wish I could share all the emails sent to me from professional musicians who play in some of the premier orchestras in America. They wrote to me following the nationally publicized attempts by left-wing members of the Santa Monica Symphony Orchestra and the Santa Monica city government to prevent me from conducting a Haydn symphony at the Walt Disney Concert Hall three weeks ago. These people publicly called on members of the orchestra to refuse to play and members of the public to refuse to attend.

These people wrote to encourage me and tell me how they are compelled to hide their conservative views — how, in effect, they live as Marranos.

A violist with one of the most prestigious orchestras in the country (I figured out which orchestra using the internet; she was even afraid to tell me ) wrote to me last week about how quiet she is about her conservatism. While she could not be fired for it, she said, she would be socially ostracized within the orchestra for which she has played for decades.

This is all new in our country.

Had anyone predicted that in America — the land more renowned than any other for liberty and free speech — the word "Marrano" would ever accurately characterize citizens, let alone close to half the voting population, that individual would have been regarded as a charlatan.

But given the intolerance and hatred on the left, and its dominance over almost every area of American life, that individual would have been a prophet.

Conservatives in America -- Like Marranos in Medieval Spain

That's amazing, I am a liberal and I voted for Trump, yet I have no reservations about telling people about it and I haven't had anything negative from it..

That's amazing, I am a liberal and I voted for Trump, yet I have no reservations about telling people about it and I haven't had anything negative from it..
Moron, you haven't told the right people yet, lol go tell an antifa punk that and see what happens...:slap:
I don't know where to find any ANTIFAS in rural Missouri....
ANTIFA in rural Missouri - Google Search

...:disbelief:
That shit goes on mostly in the northern part of Missouri..The KKK and white supremacist are entrench here in the southern part of Missouri and Northern Arkanass..I may be able to find one in Fayetteville Arkanslaw.......

Last edited:
How do we judge the nature of strangers, or those we know only in passing?

Simply by assuming them to be most like the individual we know the best. That is the measuring stick we use to estimate.
Hence, the old saying 'we can only judge others by ourselves.'

What would we do in similar circumstances, how would we act, what would we say?
That's human nature.

1. I find this most explicative when one on the other side of the political divide calls the other a liar.
I don't lie. But I have found that those who do so regularly are the quickest to jump to this accusation.

Nor is it a surprise to find that those on the Left, the Liberal folks, are the fastest on the draw in this respect.

2. Another character difference between the two political persuasions is individualism. It is one of the cornerstones of conservatism, and the 'sotto voce' of America's founding documents. We want to make our own decisions.

The other side seems to feel that we lack the capability, and they should do this for us. That's why Liberal folks leap to ban things that they don't like, and use judicial decree to overturn voter's opinions.

And that goes right back to judging others by ourselves.
Liberals must feel that they need experts to 'advise' them what the right things to do are.
When Liberals hear the words ‘studies show,’ or ‘experts say,’ they cease to ‘question authority.’

3. And speaking of judging others by oneself, it seems to me a constant calumny by Liberals that Rush Limbaugh and Fox News tell right-wingers, and conservatives what to think....but I never hear conservatives claiming that those on the Left are 'programmed' by the ubiquitous variations on MSNBC or the NYTimes that echo throughout our secular society.
Why is that?

Kinda sounds like the Left is trying to prevent the reality from becoming broadcast....i.e., they are the ones who march lock-step, following orders.

4. Another difference is preparation, knowledge,...or perhaps that related to item #3.
Conservatives know more about what's going on....in fact, if Liberals knew as many of the ingredients in a story as conservatives do, they'd probably be conservatives. Instead, when they're told things they didn't know, they shout "liar!"

Examples? Sure....

a. "Stephanopoulos appeared on The Sean Hannity Show and New York radio station WOR's The Steve Malzberg Show, where both Hannity and Malzberg suggested to Stephanopoulos that he ask Obama about Ayers."
Right-wing radio hosts suggested "damn good" Ayers question to Stephanopoulos day before Dem debate | Research | Media Matters for America
He didn't know about Ayers!!

b. CBS's Bob Schieffer on Sunday said the reason he didn't ask Attorney General Eric Holder about the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case on last week's "Face the Nation" was because he didn't know about it.
Chatting with Howard Kurtz on CNN's "Reliable Sources," Schieffer said, "This all really became a story when the whistleblower came out and testified that he'd had to leave the Justice Department and so on. And, frankly, had I known about that, I would have asked the question."
His excuse?
"I was on vacation that week. This happened -- apparently, it got very little publicity. And, you know, I just didn't know about it" (video follows with transcript and commentary):
Bob Schieffer: What Black Panther Story? 'I Was on Vacation' - Fox Nation

c. Several Chicago readers and Twitterers report that ABC News anchor Charlie Gibson told WLS-AM Chicago talk show hosts Don Wade and Roma this morning that the reason he hasn’t covered the ACORN scandal is that he didn’t know about it.

“…Charlie Gibson on as their usual Tuesday morning guest. Don asked Charlie, why, after the senate last night voted to halt funding to ACORN and after three of those video tapes of ACORN employees helping the pimp and prostitute set up shop, there was no mention of it anywhere on the network news. Charlie gave out a most uncomfortable laugh and said that that was the first he heard of it!”
ABC’s Jake Tapper reported on the Census Bureau’s decision to drop ACORN from its data collection partnerships on Friday as a result of BigGovernment.com’s video stings.
Gibson also admitted to Don and Roma that he didn’t know about the Senate vote to de-fund ACORN.
Michelle Malkin | ACORN Watch: Charlie Gibson and the ostrich media; Update: Audio added «

Maybe the difference is just plain ol' laziness.

5. One more difference: insight- found more in the conservative camp than in the Liberal.
There was actually a study by Jonathan Haidt, a social psychologist at the University of Virginia who, until 2009, considered himself a partisan liberal.

"In “The Righteous Mind,” Haidt seeks to enrich liberalism, and political discourse generally, with a deeper awareness of human nature.
The hardest part, Haidt finds, is getting liberals to open their minds. Anecdotally, he reports that when he talks about authority, loyalty and sanctity, many people in the audience spurn these ideas as the seeds of racism, sexism and homophobia. And in a survey of 2,000 Americans, Haidt found that self-described liberals, especially those who called themselves “very liberal,” were worse at predicting the moral judgments of moderates and conservatives than moderates and conservatives were at predicting the moral judgments of liberals.

Liberals don’t understand conservative values. And they can’t recognize this failing, because they’re so convinced of their rationality, open-mindedness and enlightenment."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/bo...anted=all&_r=0

Sadly, it is much easier in our milieu to be a Liberal than a conservative, and perhaps because there are so many more of 'em, it even takes an extra dollop of courage to be a conservative...

And....in judging others by ourselves....
.... we end up being governed by ineptitude personified.

Why is it then that conservatives on this forum, including YOU, in no way represent the imaginary conservative your post describes?

How do we judge the nature of strangers, or those we know only in passing?

Simply by assuming them to be most like the individual we know the best. That is the measuring stick we use to estimate.
Hence, the old saying 'we can only judge others by ourselves.'

What would we do in similar circumstances, how would we act, what would we say?
That's human nature.

1. I find this most explicative when one on the other side of the political divide calls the other a liar.
I don't lie. But I have found that those who do so regularly are the quickest to jump to this accusation.

Nor is it a surprise to find that those on the Left, the Liberal folks, are the fastest on the draw in this respect.

2. Another character difference between the two political persuasions is individualism. It is one of the cornerstones of conservatism, and the 'sotto voce' of America's founding documents. We want to make our own decisions.

The other side seems to feel that we lack the capability, and they should do this for us. That's why Liberal folks leap to ban things that they don't like, and use judicial decree to overturn voter's opinions.

And that goes right back to judging others by ourselves.
Liberals must feel that they need experts to 'advise' them what the right things to do are.
When Liberals hear the words ‘studies show,’ or ‘experts say,’ they cease to ‘question authority.’

3. And speaking of judging others by oneself, it seems to me a constant calumny by Liberals that Rush Limbaugh and Fox News tell right-wingers, and conservatives what to think....but I never hear conservatives claiming that those on the Left are 'programmed' by the ubiquitous variations on MSNBC or the NYTimes that echo throughout our secular society.
Why is that?

Kinda sounds like the Left is trying to prevent the reality from becoming broadcast....i.e., they are the ones who march lock-step, following orders.

4. Another difference is preparation, knowledge,...or perhaps that related to item #3.
Conservatives know more about what's going on....in fact, if Liberals knew as many of the ingredients in a story as conservatives do, they'd probably be conservatives. Instead, when they're told things they didn't know, they shout "liar!"

Examples? Sure....

a. "Stephanopoulos appeared on The Sean Hannity Show and New York radio station WOR's The Steve Malzberg Show, where both Hannity and Malzberg suggested to Stephanopoulos that he ask Obama about Ayers."
Right-wing radio hosts suggested "damn good" Ayers question to Stephanopoulos day before Dem debate | Research | Media Matters for America
He didn't know about Ayers!!

b. CBS's Bob Schieffer on Sunday said the reason he didn't ask Attorney General Eric Holder about the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case on last week's "Face the Nation" was because he didn't know about it.
Chatting with Howard Kurtz on CNN's "Reliable Sources," Schieffer said, "This all really became a story when the whistleblower came out and testified that he'd had to leave the Justice Department and so on. And, frankly, had I known about that, I would have asked the question."
His excuse?
"I was on vacation that week. This happened -- apparently, it got very little publicity. And, you know, I just didn't know about it" (video follows with transcript and commentary):
Bob Schieffer: What Black Panther Story? 'I Was on Vacation' - Fox Nation

c. Several Chicago readers and Twitterers report that ABC News anchor Charlie Gibson told WLS-AM Chicago talk show hosts Don Wade and Roma this morning that the reason he hasn’t covered the ACORN scandal is that he didn’t know about it.

“…Charlie Gibson on as their usual Tuesday morning guest. Don asked Charlie, why, after the senate last night voted to halt funding to ACORN and after three of those video tapes of ACORN employees helping the pimp and prostitute set up shop, there was no mention of it anywhere on the network news. Charlie gave out a most uncomfortable laugh and said that that was the first he heard of it!”
ABC’s Jake Tapper reported on the Census Bureau’s decision to drop ACORN from its data collection partnerships on Friday as a result of BigGovernment.com’s video stings.
Gibson also admitted to Don and Roma that he didn’t know about the Senate vote to de-fund ACORN.
Michelle Malkin | ACORN Watch: Charlie Gibson and the ostrich media; Update: Audio added «

Maybe the difference is just plain ol' laziness.

5. One more difference: insight- found more in the conservative camp than in the Liberal.
There was actually a study by Jonathan Haidt, a social psychologist at the University of Virginia who, until 2009, considered himself a partisan liberal.

"In “The Righteous Mind,” Haidt seeks to enrich liberalism, and political discourse generally, with a deeper awareness of human nature.
The hardest part, Haidt finds, is getting liberals to open their minds. Anecdotally, he reports that when he talks about authority, loyalty and sanctity, many people in the audience spurn these ideas as the seeds of racism, sexism and homophobia. And in a survey of 2,000 Americans, Haidt found that self-described liberals, especially those who called themselves “very liberal,” were worse at predicting the moral judgments of moderates and conservatives than moderates and conservatives were at predicting the moral judgments of liberals.

Liberals don’t understand conservative values. And they can’t recognize this failing, because they’re so convinced of their rationality, open-mindedness and enlightenment."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/bo...anted=all&_r=0

Sadly, it is much easier in our milieu to be a Liberal than a conservative, and perhaps because there are so many more of 'em, it even takes an extra dollop of courage to be a conservative...

And....in judging others by ourselves....
.... we end up being governed by ineptitude personified.

The only important aspect of conservatism that one really needs to know is that in the long run, conservatives almost always lose,

because conservatism is almost always on the wrong side of history.

Forum List

Back