Zone1 Explain This

You can't complain about that because it ain't true. You guys use Asians like pets because you think they'll just take it. Apparently you've never really talked to an Asian about race. I have.

You really would not like what you would hear.

Actually, I have talked to Asians about race, including my Chinese girlfriend. They are more afraid of blacks than they are of whites. Understandable, as they are often the victims of black crime.

It is the norm. Just like it has been the norm for whites to deny racism like do here.

No, any black can't do what you said. I'm black, stop being white trying to tell me how things are for black people.

What's tiresome is reading all this racist garbage while the people posting it try telling me how racism doesn't exist against blacks.

I'll be the first one to admit racism exists. So does sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism, ableism, xenophobia, and fat shaming.
What's your point?

The sad thing about life is you are always going to run into arseholes. You can just deal with it, or you can whine about it 24/7 on USMB.

You can't complain about that because it ain't true. You guys use Asians like pets because you think they'll just take it. Apparently you've never really talked to an Asian about race. I have.

You really would not like what you would hear.
:auiqs.jpg:

In discussing race in this forum we see all kinds of stereotyped factless comments coming primarily from the right. The common claim is that if blacks got motivated, educated, and worked hard we can succeed because white racism isn't the problem. Here we see an example of blacks doing everything that right wingers say blacks should do and still racism limited their opportunities.

I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way

Moms everywhere are suffering from burnout. But Black mom burnout is different. As a Black mother to two teenage sons and a toddler daughter, I find myself wondering: Will my children be perceived as a threat and cut down in their prime because of their race? Will they miss out because they’re invisible to whoever is passing out the opportunities? Do they have to be perceived as perfect to get any chance to seize their dreams?

Many people of color often turn to the one tool we have in our own shed — the instinct to try to outwork any negative perceptions of us, to tackle the questions that haunt us like the spirits of our ancestors. We’re taught to overwork to prove ourselves beyond the reach of racism and to render racist stereotypes unbelievable or even laughable.

But is this tendency to overwork — and our tendency to encourage our children to do the same — an attempt to outrun systemic issues beyond our control?

Growing up in Tennessee, I was taught working hard was the key to everything — happiness, upward mobility and rising above racism in the South. And while I consider my work ethic one of my greatest gifts, it seems the neat equation of “racism + hard work = less discrimination” doesn’t always add up.

“Work twice as hard to get half as much” was the mantra many of us were raised on, but it is considered by most Black moms today to be played-out advice from our parents’ generation. Despite that, racism and its effects haven’t expired, and in many ways, they’ve been given new life in this era.

Op-Ed: I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way

The problem with those who call themselves in opposition is the fact that they believe things that do not apply to the way blacks are raised. Perhaps if you are white and don't put in the effort, you will not not suceed. Perhaps if you are white and don't focus on education you will fail. But when we as blacks try talking to you about this you need to stop pretending that white racism is not a hurdle. Whites do not face this:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time. Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

So explain why blacks can do everything you guys claim we need to do and still face racism. This thread is not about your ignorant factless opinions about blacks, black crime, Asians or everything else you guys do to avoid discussing the impact of white racism. So any and all off topic posts will be reported from the start. So you have two choices, explain why blacks do everything you guys say we need to do but still face white racism, or don't post in this thread.
Do you ever stop whining about white people, howler monkey.

I’ll take up the challenge. I won’t post in the racism forum for 10 days, beginning Feb 7. Probably will be good for my mental health!
What? Im2 and marc addled may have some profound things to say.

I’ll take up the challenge. I won’t post in the racism forum for 10 days, beginning Feb 7. Probably will be good for my mental health!

Taking a break from this thread is necessary from time to time. It just sounds more rewarding for a lot of us to join together and do it as a team.

A platoon of psychiatrists couldn't fix what's wrong with your mental health.

Someone will send you a flier with a pretty black model on it, and you will freak out.

images

Will they miss out because they’re invisible to whoever is passing out the opportunities?

I wasn't aware that opportunities were passed out. All my life, I was told they had to be taken.

If you're waiting for someone to hand you an opportunity, I hope you have a comfortable chair ...

360_F_540795386_6V22Ck3NT2ESDrxwVPn9Fi7y39fWKHZK.jpg

I don't understand.
I once pointed out - maybe 6 months ago - that the favoritism toward blacks in advertising reflects racist decision-making, and gave as an example as to how I was walking in the mall and passed 20 advertising posters in a row, and every single one was of a black. Ever since then, he brings that up as a subtle way of calling me a racist.

The irony is that that poster lambasts others as racists, while he spews the most unimaginable antisemitic remarks one would never hope to hear. He is one of the biggest hypocrites in this forum.

P.S. His never-ending mocking of me for pointing out blatant, pro-black, anti-white racism is the usual tactic libs use to get people who point out racism against whites to be quiet. Mock, mock, insult, insult, until they learn to keep silent as the leftists continue with their anti-white racism.

I once pointed out - maybe 6 months ago - that the favoritism toward blacks in advertising reflects racist decision-making, and gave as an example as to how I was walking in the mall and passed 20 advertising posters in a row, and every single one was of a black. Ever since then, he brings that up as a subtle way of calling me a racist.
Maybe because you can't stop obsessing over TV commercials and mermaids and other nonsense?

We had two black guys and a white guy fired for stealing in the past year. I'm sure all three of them would be doing much better if they hadn't pulled that. I wonder which one(s) of those guys is actually making up some BS that he was fired for some racist reason.

I don't understand.

She once started a crazy thread about her trip to the mall, and all these pictures of black models in the store frightened her. LIke they were going to jump out of the posters and rob her or something.

You also made a crazy post about some catalog you got in the mail having too many black people. And how black people are being admitted to college. It's just crazy how you live in fear that they might get what you have. (And I don't mean dementia!)

The irony is that that poster lambasts others as racists, while he spews the most unimaginable antisemitic remarks one would never hope to hear. He is one of the biggest hypocrites in this forum.

Yeah, thing is, Judaism isn't a race, it's a religion. I'm critical of all religion. you should hear me go off on Mormonism or Catholicism, and I was raised Catholic.

P.S. His never-ending mocking of me for pointing out blatant, pro-black, anti-white racism is the usual tactic libs use to get people who point out racism against whites to be quiet. Mock, mock, insult, insult, until they learn to keep silent as the leftists continue with their anti-white racism.

Uh, I'm as white as the driven snow... and the funny thing is, I know I'm privileged. No one is going to ever deny me a job or admission to college because I am white. No cop is going to pull me over for funsies because I am white.

We had two black guys and a white guy fired for stealing in the past year. I'm sure all three of them would be doing much better if they hadn't pulled that. I wonder which one(s) of those guys is actually making up some BS that he was fired for some racist reason.

I'm wondering which one had no problem finding another job after that... oh, no, I'm not. I know it was the white guy.

Maybe because you can't stop obsessing over TV commercials and mermaids and other nonsense?

One just imagines Lisa watching the new version of "A Little Mermaid" with Halle Berry and having a fit.

I personally don't see a need for it, and wonder why a 56 year old woman is being cast as a teenager... but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Forum List

Back