Explain this. This guy shoots a Firefighter during the attempt to murder someone else....released in less than 3 years, gets illegal gun, again.

This is why we do not take anti-gunners seriously.......they target normal people who own guns, while the political party they support keeps releasing violent gun offenders....gun offenders who have been convicted for shooting people........this is fucking insane...

Jermaine White, one of two men charged with shooting an on-duty firefighter in Albany Park last year, was in court to face a new gun charge before Judge John Lyke.

Last year, police said two men set a car on fire in the 3600 block of West Wilson Avenue so they could shoot rival gang members who came outside to investigate the blaze. The gunmen shot a fireman who got caught in the crossfire. He survived.

Prosecutors charged White and another man with aggravated battery of an on-duty fireman by discharging a firearm and other felonies. Earlier this year, prosecutors dropped that charge when White agreed to plead guilty to aggravated unlawful use of a weapon in exchange for a three-year sentence.

The state automatically cut the sentence in half for good behavior, and White received credit for time spent in jail after his arrest. When it was all said and done, White walked into the Stateville Correctional Center on June 29. And he walked out 36 days later.

White, who is still on parole, was arrested again on Monday. Police pulled him over for driving without headlights. When they asked him for his license, he leaned forward and threw a handgun from the floorboard in front of him to the back seat floorboard, prosecutors said. His three-year-old child was sitting in the back seat without restraints, according to Assistant State’s Attorney Darryl Auguste.

CPD body cameras recorded the alleged gun toss, Auguste said. Cops allegedly found crack cocaine in the car, too.

Auguste tried to convince Judge Lyke to hold White without bail by arguing that White was on parole for a gun case that originated with allegations that he shot an on-duty fireman.

White’s private defense attorney, Joshua Kutnick, wasn’t having it.

“This state’s attorney’s office decided that no conviction was warranted on the [aggravated battery of a] firefighter,” Kutnick told Lyke, arguing Auguste’s colleagues dismissed the charge that prosecutors were trying to use against him.

Kutnick said White, who was convicted of aggravated battery as a juvenile and spent six years in prison for a domestic battery attack that lacerated his girlfriend’s liver, “is not a violent person.”

White did participate in the shootout that injured the fireman last year — but he only fired in defense of a friend, Kutnick argued.

The state’s plea agreement in the firefighter case apparently kept the court’s pre-trial services officer from flagging White for possible violence in the future.

The leftist will never put this guy away. As long as he is a democrat and 8 of 10 criminals are democrats. you will read your whole life how this waste of dirt is released again and again as he kills and destroys peoples' lives
Did you do that when you heard about the couple in St. Louis facing a mob?

Same question.

Do you also believe that they intended that the citizenry be armed sufficient to act like an army, and therefore unrestricted?

I don't disagree. Show me where they intended anything other than "shall not be infringed." This guy should have had all his rights restored and should have been unrestricted, period.

Not me. In fact, I believe that if anybody needs to be armed, it is the people who live in tough neighborhoods. It's a sad fact that many are black folks. I would NEVER deprive them of that right, like Ronny Reagan's racist ass did in California.

Mine too. So why continue to support assholes who would deprive you or anyone else the right to any weapon they choose?
Our founders warned us of these people. They are tyrants and the only thing they should get is our total disrespect; dragged from office, and tried for their crimes. According to our Constitution a law that goes against the Constitution is a law not to be obeyed and tried for breaking their oath never having honor to begin with.

What culpability. Does a car owner have culpability if his car is stolen and used to kill somebody in a drive-by?
Depends.
Ever heard of attractive nuisance?

What legitimate purposes does a car have beyond transportation? Could you use it to bake cookies? Hang drywall?

In what you believe is a brilliant analogy, the car is still being used for its intended purpose. Transportation.
And the guns are being used for their intended purpose. To kill.

Given their intended uses which has the greater culpability?
That's right, the one who failed to protect the object whose only purpose is killing.

Depends.
Ever heard of attractive nuisance?

What legitimate purposes does a car have beyond transportation? Could you use it to bake cookies? Hang drywall?

In what you believe is a brilliant analogy, the car is still being used for its intended purpose. Transportation.
And the guns are being used for their intended purpose. To kill.

Given their intended uses which has the greater culpability?
That's right, the one who failed to protect the object whose only purpose is killing.

All you can do with guns is keep them in your locked house to protect them and your other belongings, Yes, guns kill. That's why we have them. We need to have them to protect ourselves from criminals with guns that may want to kill us. That's the whole idea. But if somebody steals my guns, it's not my fault, even if I left my doors unlocked. It's the fault of the criminal, not law abiding citizen.

I don't know why you leftists always side with the criminal over good people. Must be something in Satan's instructions for you.

All you can do with guns is keep them in your locked house to protect them and your other belongings, Yes, guns kill. That's why we have them. We need to have them to protect ourselves from criminals with guns that may want to kill us. That's the whole idea. But if somebody steals my guns, it's not my fault, even if I left my doors unlocked. It's the fault of the criminal, not law abiding citizen.

I don't know why you leftists always side with the criminal over good people. Must be something in Satan's instructions for you.
You have a gun
You concede that the only legitimate use of a firearm is to kill
You admittedly fail to protect the lethal device.
You are culpable whether a 4 yo kid or a 40 yo burglar kills with it.
It was your failure that put the firearm in their hands.

Once you accept your personal responsibility then you can begin to make changes that actually address the issue.

A woman is grabbed by a violent serial rapist at a bus stop, a train platform or in her apartment...he plans on beating, raping and murdering her. She has a gun, and can stop the rape with the gun......
Do you want her to use that gun to stop the rape?
A woman stops an attack with a gun, a brutal rape, torture and murder...in a public space....if you had the ability to go back in time, and prevent her from having that gun...would you?
How often has a potential rape victim stopped or prevented the attack with the gun she owned? Please, give some actual examples? (But not those imagined by Second Amendment fanatics as is typical.)

How often has a potential rape victim stopped or prevented the attack with the gun she owned? Please, give some actual examples? (But not those imagined by Second Amendment fanatics as is typical.)

Estimates on gun ownership show that we Americans use our firearms between 1 to 4 million times a year to stop crime, defend ourselves, or defend others. You won't hear of most of them as they are local stories that seldom make it to national media.

Years ago when our state was considering CCW's I was in a local blog debating the topic. An anti-CCW person asked me why I wanted to see CCW's in Ohio. I said for many reasons, but one is my elderly mother never drove a car in her life. She walks everywhere. I would like to see the law passed to help protect her.

He replied asking "If this CCW law passes, will your elderly mother carry a gun?" To that I responded, no she won't, but the criminal doesn't know that.

You have a gun
You concede that the only legitimate use of a firearm is to kill
You admittedly fail to protect the lethal device.
You are culpable whether a 4 yo kid or a 40 yo burglar kills with it.
It was your failure that put the firearm in their hands.

Once you accept your personal responsibility then you can begin to make changes that actually address the issue.

My guns are in my locked house with all my other belongings. WTF do you get that I'm culpable if somebody breaks into my locked home and takes them?

And where did I say the "only" use for a gun was to kill? You leftists have this annoyingly bad habit of reading shit we never said.

My guns are in my locked house with all my other belongings. WTF do you get that I'm culpable if somebody breaks into my locked home and takes them?

And where did I say the "only" use for a gun was to kill? You leftists have this annoyingly bad habit of reading shit we never said.
Degrees little one. Degrees of culpability. Should I explain?

AND

Please list any legitimate use of a firearm that does not include killing, threatening to kill, or practicing to kill.

Degrees little one. Degrees of culpability. Should I explain?

AND

Please list any legitimate use of a firearm that does not include killing, threatening to kill, or practicing to kill.

Do you have any idea how many gun ranges are in the US? Nobody gets killed on gun ranges unless it's an accident. People also enter shooting competitions. They compete for trophies, money or both.

I used to go to gun ranges all the time. No intent of practicing to kill, but every gun owner needs to upkeep their skills for the safety of their family and public should the occasion arise where they need the weapon for self-defense. That aside, what's wrong with practicing to kill when law abiding citizens use their firearms between 1 and 4 million times a year to defend themselves, others, or to stop a crime?

I know how you leftists love to blame the rape victim for dressing too sexy instead of the rapist. But the only way for us to get rid of guns is if we get rid of Democrats first. Without Democrats, we would have no need to use guns for self-defense. Besides, our country would be much better off getting rid of Democrats instead of guns.

The technical term is brandishing. Let’s use the legal terms. Castle doctrine. It is used to show that people have no requirement to retreat. To stand their ground. It does not mean you can advance. They came charging out of the house and waved the bang sticks around. The fact that they plead guilty to a lesser charge shows they knew the more serious charge was a question they did not want to face.

Let’s now talk strategic. By rushing outside with their weapons they showed they had some. And that told the crowd you claim were determined to do them harm that they had guns and made them a target for burglary later. Stolen guns are worth more than some department store paintings.

Tactical time. By rushing outside they abandoned easily defensible positions in favor of an exposed position. It was certain of shooting started that they would end up dead in their front yard.

So they were dumb legally, strategically, and tactically. Usually when someone is dumb in all three they are too dead to be tried in a court.
If they hadn't come out with their guns, the criminal rioters surely would have damaged their home and likely targeted them for attack. It is not against the law to show that you have gun to scare off obvious intruders and other criminals from attacking you and your property.

However, in your scenerio----it is a perfect example of why trespassers, rioters, and looters should be shot on site---it deters them from coming back later. When we fail to stop and punish criminals from their rampages, we invite more attacks. Not only should the guns been shown but they should have been used to shoot the criminals.

New Topics

Forum List

Back