Explain it to me like I'm stupid ...

PF? You do not seem to want to discuss these issues.

I know of another person … with forum power who also feels that way.

That's the facts. The rest is just narrative.
Fail. That’s part of embellished facts. And anyone can find embellished facts for any narrative.

PF? You do not seem to want to discuss these issues.

I know of another person … with forum power who also feels that way.

Fail. That’s part of embellished facts. And anyone can find embellished facts for any narrative.
What did I say that was incorrect?

Whart did I say that was incorrect?
Factually, you said nothing … but obfuscation by a fallacious appeal to facts that are not in the post … tied to your ‘opinion’ sure is in the post.

Nice duck. What was incorrect?
Don’t try your spam games with me. They may have served to kill discussion when the embellished stickies were here, but that won’t cut any ice now.

Bring forth facts.

Where are your facts in that post?

Keep on spamming and working to make discussion more difficult.

It will be your undoing… :thup:

You are still ducking my post.
You reduced a complex situation to a very childish and simple-minded statement that does not tell what really happened.

For starters, there was no such people as "Palestinians" during the advent of Zionism, secondly, early Jewish entrepreneurs BOUGHT land from the Ottoman landowners, and beyond that, the so-called "Arab Revolts" (acts of terrorism against Jews) as organized by the Al Husseini clan were hardly "minding their own business" and occurred well before the Palestinian mandate was divided into a large Arab section (Jordan) and a tiny Jewish one (Israel).

It started before that.

Those threads were closed because they add to the "divide" in this area of the forum. All one has to do to see it for themselves is to look at the main page of Israel and Palestine and read thru the thread topics. For instance: "All The News Anti-Israel Posters Will Not Read Or Discuss 2" and "All The News Anti-Palestinian Posters Will Not Read Or Discuss"
Is it really necessary to call others "anti-Israel" and "anti-Palestinian"? Do some of you have so much hate inside of you for your fellow man that you would dismiss them in that manner? Whatever happened to "Love thy neighbor"? I was never brought up or taught in church to "hate" my neighbor.
I apologize, but I did not know that it was part of a moderator's job to moderate free speech, which is what you seem to be doing in respect to all four threads you have mentioned.

We are, at least I try to, giving the history of the area, the conflict, the politics, and yes.....very unfortunately ......there are those who do hate Israel and are against its very existence. We discuss it, we debate it, or simply try to inform the other side without being hateful about it, and without using foul language against the others. Some do not like discussing and like to swear, they go on ignore. That is what the rules allow us to do.

We are not in the religion forums. It is not the "Love thy neighbor" hour. It is the Let us tell the facts of what is going on, and let people judge for themselves." hour.

One cannot make another understand the issues, so I will not try to make you understand anything that is happening over there.

Again, this is not the Religion forum. Please respect our free speech as it has been going on for many years.

I do not expect you to close any of the Pro Palestinian forums just because they may show violence on one side or the other, so I do not expect you to close the pro Israel threads for the same reason.

Both sides are showing their point of view and discussing it whenever it comes to it. No one is harming anyone by simply showing one's point of view and discussing it.

Thank you.

Palestine vs Israel is not what I think. If someone takes the time to read thru the thread topics in the area of the forum, that IS what they would think. I started this thread to see if people would discuss the topic as a whole instead of trying to pit one against the other.
What is the topic as a whole?

I do not think that there is one person who does understand what you mean, or it would have been done already.

It is not possible that in other forums, Republicans and Democrats....,.Russia and Ukraine, for example.....that they are not having similar discussions, attempting to show their side, disregarding the other side's view, sticking to their beliefs, etc. That is what threads are like, from all the threads I have read in all different forums.

It is Israel and Palestine, Palestine and Israel, and the history, politics and everything that makes this conflict as complicated as it is. And we are trying to bring in the everyday facts happening there, past or present and discuss it if possible.

What none of you know until now is that I do know enough about the conflict to ask the question I did in the OP. If you read thru the answers, you'll see that most people have a different take on what happened to cause the conflict and blame one side or the other. One of my advanced history classes in college was taught by a professor whose specialty is in the history of that region of the world. For those that want to know what really started the conflict, they'd first need to "forget" everything they think they know about it, have read about it, and have heard about it. The truth is out there, but not in plain sight.
If that is all you know.......

"Why is there so much hate between Israel and Palestine? Is it all because both want Jerusalem to belong to them?"

......then seriously you have not learned much about the history of the conflict. You do seem to be making some assertions based on religion. This is not a religious war.

You do frame it in religious terms. Hatred, Love Thy Neighbor.

There are plenty of Arabs, Palestinians or not, who do love Israel, and there are plenty of Israelis and Jews who love Arabs and Palestinians.

Which is why Israel does so much for the Palestinians.

Now, one may need to see what it is that the Palestinians in Gaza and under the PA are learning everyday at school, media, etc.

Try to find out and let us know what you think afterwards.

Ishmael is not the father of all Arabs.
This myth was started by someone in Islam, after Islam was founded. 2400 years after Abraham
The Bible is the source of this history thousands of years before the beginning of Islam

Genesis 17

Then God said, "Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back