Experts warn independent aid workers of conflict zone dangers

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
My cousin's husband has a daughter who is in Pakistan with an aid group teaching the Pakistani women something or other. Even though she lives in a compound with others and has a guard when they go out of the compound, I would still think it is not completely safe.

Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:25 GMT

Author: Kieran Guilbert
More on: War and Conflict
Workers prepare clothes to be distributed to residents as part of humanitarian aid in Aleppo on January 23, 2013. REUTERS/Muzaffar Salman

LONDON, Feb 11 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Independent aid workers heading to conflict zones must be aware of the danger they face compared to staff from international organisations, humanitarian experts warned on Wednesday following the death of an American aid worker in Syria.

Kayla Mueller, 26, was held hostage for 18 months by Islamic State militants who sent her family an email and photograph over the weekend that enabled American intelligence to determine that she had been killed, said U.S. officials, who are investigating the cause of death.

Continue reading at:

Stupid little moths flittering too close to all the world's violent flames. I'd exempt journalists such criticism, though I've met a few of them who harbored death wishes unrealized, for now, but missionaries, NGO's, and other do-gooders playing Russian roulette on the planet's violent landscapes...well, if they get their heads chopped off they'll get no sympathy from me. Stupid is as stupid does.

These bleeding hearts in the OP had to travel halfway around the world to hand out clothing to poor people? They're 3.5 million homeless living in tents right here in America! They need clothes too.

My cousin's husband has a daughter who is in Pakistan with an aid group teaching the Pakistani women something or other. Even though she lives in a compound with others and has a guard when they go out of the compound, I would still think it is not completely safe.

Workers prepare clothes to be distributed to residents as part of humanitarian aid in Aleppo on January 23, 2013. REUTERS/Muzaffar Salman

LONDON, Feb 11 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Independent aid workers heading to conflict zones must be aware of the danger they face compared to staff from international organisations, humanitarian experts warned on Wednesday following the death of an American aid worker in Syria.

Kayla Mueller, 26, was held hostage for 18 months by Islamic State militants who sent her family an email and photograph over the weekend that enabled American intelligence to determine that she had been killed, said U.S. officials, who are investigating the cause of death.

Continue reading at:

Typical liberal loon busybody. ...... :cuckoo:

Continue reading at:

that should be common sense and part of the reason by brave and caring people are needed. If it was a cake walk everyone would be over there helping.

Forum List

Back